Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the world's tidiest ghost?

Black Monk

Creepy CCTV appears to show a 'ghost' moving around a wet floor sign and a mop in a pub.

Katie Ann Round, co-manager of the Chapel House pub in Gornal, West Midlands, is seen tidying up - but as soon as she's out of the room, the safety sign she laid out starts to move.

Just seconds later, the A-board neatly folds itself up and falls on the floor before Ben Parkes, Miss Round's partner, runs out of the room in horror after a mop also fell over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3864226/Is-world-tidiest-ghost-Creepy-CCTV-shows-wet-floor-sign-mop-mysteriously-moving-pub-soon-manager-s-turned.html

• Like 1

My take on the video:

CCTV security cameras do not behave like that. I suspect someone was standing there with a handheld whilst the others staged the rest.

• Like 6

My take on the video:

CCTV security cameras do not behave like that. I suspect someone was standing there with a handheld whilst the others staged the rest.

Somebody's filmed the TV screen showing the CCTV footage.

Oh gosh - that footage was pretty lame. I'd say there were three people involved (camera man included) and a long piece of string to boot. It must have been a quite night in the pub for some very bored staff :yes:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Somebody's filmed the TV screen showing the CCTV footage.

Not according to their statements in the article.

• Like 1

World's Tidiest Ghost?

I'd just settle for the world's first ghost.  Still waiting.

• Like 1

Not according to their statements in the article.

The CCTV footage is being shown on a TV screen and the footage you see in that video is of somebody filming that CCTV footage on the screen before putting onto YouTube. It's a common thing to do.

Edited by Black Monk

The big mystery here is why this day and age, CCTV is still so terrible?
Cell phone cameras are better than this.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2016 at 5:07 PM, Black Monk said:

The CCTV footage is being shown on a TV screen and the footage you see in that video is of somebody filming that CCTV footage on the screen before putting onto YouTube. It's a common thing to do.

I dont really get how in every single thread where something was caught on CCTV half the people responding can't tell that it was uploaded to the interwebs by being filmed with a mobile phone or similiar-  its bleedin obvious that thats what someone has done but theres always somone who still cant quite work it out...

Since the people own the pub they should have access to the CCTV footage, they wouldn't have to film it with a camera.  They could download the footage to a disk or flash drive then upload to Facebook

Seems faked.. First off, the slippery when wet sign is not even spread fully. This allowed the sign to spread and turn in the direction the string puller is, something they did not intend on. There might have been a string attached in both directions allowing the sign to be pulled over. She comes out to investigate a noise( I suppose) . She looks down the straight hall, then disappears for 13 seconds. 7 before the sign falls, 6 after.  Everything happens when no one is in the camera's view. Then comes Mr. stare-at-the-mop, even though she told him the sign fell over. He stares at it to insure us, it is properly put in a corner and cannot possibly fall over. His cue is when he looks down the straight hallway, the mop falls over and like a frightened child goes running off into the night like a scared little baby. The string could have been attached to the mop before she puts it away, and as the mop is pulled in the string pullers direction, changes course due to weight or positioning, then changes course in the string pullers direction. Hardly paranormal, but staged by actions and events.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, herbygant said:

Hoax, using cotton or fishing line.

Can you support that claim?  I do not believe it is a ghost, of course, but you seem really sure what it is, so I'd like to be convinced.

I guess my problem is it always seems to be a bar or hotel. Always a place that would like attention and more guests. I say hoax.

Halloween is coming up, takings may have dropped a little, think of a new way to drum up business.

Of course  =an nother ver re haunted English pub.;)

• Like 3

On 10/24/2016 at 1:37 PM, paperdyer said:

Since the people own the pub they should have access to the CCTV footage, they wouldn't have to film it with a camera.  They could download the footage to a disk or flash drive then upload to Facebook

It is more "Blair Witch" if it is shaky. Or, it could be that in this day and age, some people don't know how to attach a cable from their recording device to a computer USB port..... 

19 hours ago, kalon1701 said:

Definitely fake, I've used a similar method with fishing line.

Cool, post a video about how you did it, to back up your claim.

Seems every year about now we have a round of stories about haunted pubs and costume shops. 

• Like 2

If posting the youtube link is a no no, then I apologise. the original video was made 6 years ago. yes it's a rubbish vid and a 6 year old could do better, but it's my rubbish vid and I was asked to post one.

PS, I am not responsible for any suggested videos that appear at the end of my stupidity.

Edited by kalon1701
  • Like 6

Yea its an old bartender trick to tie fishing line to something and **** with people, my boy does it with a plant next to the bar, freaks new customers out all the time.

Its actually funny, one time a lady ran out of the bar because she was convinced there was an animal in the plant, we had to show her the fishing line before she would believe us lol