Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I like this headline

Kurzweil

Honestly, it isn't about overall public opinion and polls, but rather electoral college votes from the individual states.  And right now the map looks almost hopeless for Trump.  That combined with his habit of shooting him self in the foot every other week makes it seem like this election is already over.

• Like 1

"It ain't over till it's over."*

*and voter fraud has been ruled out.

• Like 1

I like this headline too... and I like the video as well...

Edited by Ellapennella
added
  • Like 2

Trump has a lot to overcome...I think he'll get the popular vote but lose the electoral college..

I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot by plastering headlines about Hillary's assured victory. Democratic voter turnout is on the down-swing and I believe these headlines are not motivating anyone to go vote for her.

Seriously - no one is excited to vote for Hillary as it is, so telling your voter base "it's all good" probably isn't a wise thing to say. Trump voters are much, much more motivated to be at the ballot box as they see him as the underdog. Hell, even in 2008 Hillary was having issues garnering support when she was up against Obama...she reminds married men of their ex-wives and makes young voters think of old, corrupt banksters. Of course, she wasn't going to let Dem nomination slip by again so the whole party was rigged to get her in. Her support in this country is so low she had to cheat.

Some data to chew on:

Stark Trends Towards Higher Republican Turnout, Lower Democratic Turnout in Open Primaries

http://www.fairvote.org/stark_trends_towards_higher_republican_turnout_lower_democratic_turnout_in_open_primaries

The primaries don't reflect the general election but it's pretty obvious from the lack of Hillary lawn signs what's going on.

21 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The primaries don't reflect the general election but it's pretty obvious from the lack of Hillary lawn signs what's going on.

"Normal" Americans do not want either sign in their lawn...  so to know "what's going on" with this election on the mere frequency, or lack thereof, of a particular yard sign is misjudging America.

On 10/23/2016 at 0:39 PM, Gromdor said:

Honestly, it isn't about overall public opinion and polls, but rather electoral college votes from the individual states.  And right now the map looks almost hopeless for Trump.  That combined with his habit of shooting him self in the foot every other week makes it seem like this election is already over.

and that is the beauty of it, electors are as corruptible as it gets. 

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

Trump has a lot to overcome...I think he'll get the popular vote but lose the electoral college..

And thus will democracy die.

Edited by Lord Fedorable
  • Like 1

I think Trump will win the popular vote, the electoral college, much to the chagrin of Liberal media, Hollywood and the DC establishment.

November 9 2016 I, for one, will bask in the glow the most surprising election results ever. I can't wait to hear some of our more condescending friends here explain why they were wrong.

I think some should start their booking reservations to other countries immediately and avoid the rush.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

I think Trump will win the popular vote, the electoral college, much to the chagrin of Liberal media, Hollywood and the DC establishment.

November 9 2016 I, for one, will bask in the glow the most surprising election results ever. I can't wait to hear some of our more condescending friends here explain why they were wrong.

I think some should start their booking reservations to other countries immediately and avoid the rush.

They won't. They'll explain why we are so stupid. To be fair, I'll be doing that if Hillary wins. I refrain from making bold election predictions. People misquote or can't remember who says what half the time but make a bold election prediction and be wrong and they'll be on you fast like white on rice.

• Like 2

~

~

God can use this man ... or is it God will use this man ...

~

Frankly Trump doesn't scare me as much as his supporters of this sort ... not saying all his supporters are but the loudest voices seems to be of this fashion ...

*tremble*

~

31 minutes ago, F3SS said:

They won't. They'll explain why we are so stupid. To be fair, I'll be doing that if Hillary wins. I refrain from making bold election predictions. People misquote or can't remember who says what half the time but make a bold election prediction and be wrong and they'll be on you fast like white on rice.

I'm ok with that, unlike Liberals I will admit when I'm wrong.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

~

God can use this man ... or is it God will use this man ...

~

Frankly Trump doesn't scare me as much as his supporters of this sort ... not saying all his supporters are but the loudest voices seems to be of this fashion ...

*tremble*

~

I hope this doesn't turn into another "tit for tat" back and forth with dueling videos from both sides.

For every stupid Trump supporter I can find an equal winner on "her" side.

Just now, -ZZ- said:

I hope this doesn't turn into another "tit for tat" back and forth with dueling videos from both sides.

For every stupid Trump supporter I can find an equal winner on "her" side.

I get your point and no ... no a tit for tat intended ... stupid is as stupid does to use the popular quote applicable here ... Hillary's stupid troops isn't as scary as the sort of 'stupid' of this sort on Trump's legion of cohorts is what I'm saying ...

Like the Morgan Freeman doctored video clip ... I mean its funny and all that but the thing that it says to me is that the very same words coming from an image of Trump saying them doesn't speak the same meanings ... how do I say this ... its like Trump saying he is there to be a President in the fashion of JFK ... and that is cringe worthy ... no disrespecting or insult intended to those that believes that of course ... but to those outside of the States it just doesn't have that same effect is what I'm saying I guess ... I remember someone I met here at the pub saying its like Hugh Hefner coming to ask permission to marry your 18 year old daughter because he is 'deeply' in love with her ...

What more is there that I can dare to say ...

~

I'm not so sure about misjudging America by looking at yard signs. Sure you wouldn't want to place serious bets using them as indicators but there were certainly no shortage of Obama signs in 2008 and 2012. They were everywhere. Same for Romney. There were tons. Bumper stickers too. I see few for Hillary though I've seen more of them than yard signs yet still few. Many Trump stickers yet fewer than the yard signs. Her rallies rarely have substantial attendance but Obama's did. I'm no fan of Obama but he was obviously popular. If Clinton really is popular it sure isn't obvious. Obama has personality,   Trump has personality, Romney was personable but not exciting in the least. Clinton has a drab personality and is not personable. I have no idea what's going to happen but if it weren't for the media polls all hunches and intuition would lead one to think Trump is going to sweep it like Reagan did which was the last true landslide.

• Like 1

I agree my friend. ^

I recall Romney was getting crowds of 60k towards the and he lost, so who knows.

• Like 1

From what I understand here from what I hear from the Political analysts and Science think tanks is that Hillary's numbers and strength is totally opposite of the kind that Trump characterizes ... that's where Trump messed up with his campaign trail attacks on her ... she is after all a woman ... irrespective of the opinions and feelings of her detractors in this regard ... and a little old lady no matter how much one hates her or her Political affiliations ... her supporters are those quiet types moms and grandmas and sisters and aunts ... those that aren't exactly the types that cares for Trump's Summer Slam WWE extravaganzas ... and those rallies hurt Trump more in truth ... yeah its a spectacle and good show but it doesn't help with his claims of knowing how to handle the issues of finances and debts ... he ran out of campaign funds after one too many big show rallies if I remember correctly ...

So on the one end Hillary has the senior and elderly 'Golden Age' group who don't care very much for Trump's style and the young millennials and first time voters usually referred to as College and Uni educated 'geeks' and the electoral votes ...

What's in between is Trump's grab and smash ... and his numbers are loud but minimal ... so I can see why Hillary is quietly and calmly confident to the extent that some is saying she is arrogant ... but that's the point .... her entire campaign rests on this quiet as oppose to Trump's loud ..

~