Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My house haunted?

TrashySloth

Ok so I'm not gonna tell you everything that's happened coz that would take forever but let's just say I have seen shadows, my mum had heard unexplained old music box music through a baby monitor when my brother was a baby and my dad was at his grandads wake, I've came home to scribbles on the wall and scratches on posters and I've heard knocking and scratching on my bedroom wall...

I also know this sounds weird but I can feel 2 different presences in this house.. 1 is a child and this one is always upstairs which is understandable because here is all the toys, my brother is 9 and he's always in is room playing 

the other one is and older presence.. and she (I feel it's a woman) is always downstairs but I've also felt her upstairs and heard her coming down the stairs. But I do know there was an old woman who used to live in this house and apparently she went to an elderly home and died.. she could be living in the house she used to live in.. does she even know she's died?

3 hours ago, TrashySloth said:

Ok so I'm not gonna tell you everything that's happened coz that would take forever but let's just say I have seen shadows, my mum had heard unexplained old music box music through a baby monitor when my brother was a baby and my dad was at his grandads wake, I've came home to scribbles on the wall and scratches on posters and I've heard knocking and scratching on my bedroom wall...

I also know this sounds weird but I can feel 2 different presences in this house.. 1 is a child and this one is always upstairs which is understandable because here is all the toys, my brother is 9 and he's always in is room playing 

the other one is and older presence.. and she (I feel it's a woman) is always downstairs but I've also felt her upstairs and heard her coming down the stairs. But I do know there was an old woman who used to live in this house and apparently she went to an elderly home and died.. she could be living in the house she used to live in.. does she even know she's died?

Firstly, your username is great.

Ignore the music on the baby monitor, they can pick up signals from elsewhere, it's not supernatural, it's got a mundane explanation. Also forget about your impressions, they're wholly subjective.

Knocking and scratches on your bedroom wall could be anything from pipe, to rats to transmitted sounds. Anything. 

Scribbles on the wall, how long ago is this? You say your brother is nine now, does he ever have friends over to play? 

As you've presented it, everything you've posted has a number of rational explanations. Do not look for the paranormal it's almost certainly not there. Be as objective as you can, don't be influenced by TV, the internet or anything else, and rule out the ordinary first.

I'm not saying you're wrong or lying, only that there's nothing so far that suggests anything out of the ordinary. If there's anything else, or you've got more information that would rule out any of the above explanations then that's a different matter again. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, oldrover said:

Firstly, your username is great.

Ignore the music on the baby monitor, they can pick up signals from elsewhere, it's not supernatural, it's got a mundane explanation. Also forget about your impressions, they're wholly subjective.

Knocking and scratches on your bedroom wall could be anything from pipe, to rats to transmitted sounds. Anything. 

Scribbles on the wall, how long ago is this? You say your brother is nine now, does he ever have friends over to play? 

As you've presented it, everything you've posted has a number of rational explanations. Do not look for the paranormal it's almost certainly not there. Be as objective as you can, don't be influenced by TV, the internet or anything else, and rule out the ordinary first.

I'm not saying you're wrong or lying, only that there's nothing so far that suggests anything out of the ordinary. If there's anything else, or you've got more information that would rule out any of the above explanations then that's a different matter again. 

Thanks

but it was an old music box and and my great grandad had a music box that sounded exactly the same and it was when everyone was at his wake so it would make sense if he was saying goodbye 

and yes there is that but it was like 3 knocks at a time.. pipes don't makes noises like that

and the scribbles on the wall were a few weeks ago.. my brother doesn't have any friends..

and there are a few more things.. I've seen shadows when no one else is around, my sister used to have some dolls stood up on a shelf above her bed and they were leaning against the wall so they wouldn't fall down.. once I when's upstairs to find them all lying face down on her bed in a line.. dolls don't naturally fall like that.. and it wasn't my sister messing coz she wasn't even in the house..

There are hauntings, but they are usually not as dramatic as in films.

Usually souls who are lost and who try to make contact with the living, and are harmless.

50 minutes ago, TrashySloth said:

but it was an old music box and and my great grandad had a music box that sounded exactly the same and it was when everyone was at his wake so it would make sense if he was saying goodbye 

If this is something that's personal to your family and you, then I'm not going to question it. 

and yes there is that but it was like 3 knocks at a time.. pipes don't makes noises like that

Forgive me for pointing this out, but of course they do. I'm guessing that you're not a plumber. How would you know? 

and the scribbles on the wall were a few weeks ago.. my brother doesn't have any friends..

and there are a few more things.. I've seen shadows when no one else is around, my sister used to have some dolls stood up on a shelf above her bed and they were leaning against the wall so they wouldn't fall down.. once I when's upstairs to find them all lying face down on her bed in a line.. dolls don't naturally fall like that.. and it wasn't my sister messing coz she wasn't even in the house..

Again, and I'm not trying to be dismissive, you say your brother hasn't any friends, but then you mention you have a sister who has dolls lined up above her bed. How many children are there in your house? And by extension how many possibilities are there for a completely natural explanation for the scribbles and scratches? 

Bluntly, going by what you've described there is nothing unusual going on in your home. I'm guessing that, as you have a brother of nine, and a sister with dolls over her bed, that you too are quite young. Realise, that the paranormal is something that only occurs on TV or the internet. It isn't real. There may be experiences which are weird and out of the usual, and I wouldn't dismiss that. But you aren't describing them. 

It'll always be much smarter and much more helpful to you, if you try and reason things out. Rather than being influenced by the things you see on TV, or the internet. Believe me, there are old hands out there who've been looking at this for years, without ever finding a single convincing case. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, alibongo said:

There are hauntings, but they are usually not as dramatic as in films.

Usually souls who are lost and who try to make contact with the living, and are harmless.

Yeah I agree 

1 hour ago, TrashySloth said:

My sister almost 13..

and of course it's real! You haven't seen it for yourself, if u had then u'd believe it

I'm going to leave it there now I think. I'm sure it'll turn out OK. Again though, use your head. 

All the best. 

• Like 1

From what you say, I think your house is haunted.

Be very careful.

Spirits may be malignant or benign, sounds like yours are benign.

On this site you will find hundreds of ghost hunters who will cure your problem.

• Like 1

You have been provided entirely probable and rational explanations based on your observations. The monitor receivers are notoriously broad-banded, poorly filtered, and therefore susceptible to RF interference from comparable units as well as harmonics of commercial transmissions. Consider your beliefs. Beliefs can be beneficial or ultimately self-defeating. Thus, the question you might want to ask yourself is why is it so important that you get confirmation of a haunting rather than accepting a far more likely explanation? Which belief do you wish to assume?

Edited by highdesert50
typo
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, alibongo said:

Be very careful.

Spirits may be malignant or benign, sounds like yours are benign.

On this site you will find hundreds of ghost hunters who will cure your problem.

You need to be very careful too. You're replying to someone who's obviously very young. And, you're telling them that what's nothing out of the ordinary is paranormal and possibly malign. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, oldrover said:

You need to be very careful too. You're replying to someone who's obviously very young. And, you're telling them that what's nothing out of the ordinary is paranormal and possibly malign. 

Okay, I was joking.

Trashysloth, listen to oldrover.

On this forum, hundreds of people have reported what they believe to be paranormal happenings.

None, none, have turned out to be genuine.

Sometimes it is fun to believe so, but unfortunately there is no evidence that spirits, ghosts, or whatever exist.

Where there is evidence, it turns out to be something mundane, like wind currents closing doors, or water rattling in pipes.

Give a bit more detail ( I know you have already described a lot) and we'll see if there could be an explanation for it.

I'm sure you would like a better understanding of what has been happening to you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/10/2016 at 0:54 PM, alibongo said:

Give a bit more detail ( I know you have already described a lot) and we'll see if there could be an explanation for it.

I'm sure you would like a better understanding of what has been happening to you.

Look.. I've seen them myself ok? How much more explaining do I have to do? How do u explain the dolls? Or the fact cupboard doors used to slam shut when they were stiff and we didn't have any windows open? I seen things walk past my door countless times, me and my mum have both seen ghosts properly and my sister hasn't properly but she has seen things walk past our bedroom door like me, how do u explain the moving of door handles? Or knocking on bedroom doors?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrashySloth said:

How do u explain the dolls?

Sorry evocation misfire. I was aiming the demon at someone else. I let it out of my evil jar and it ran off before I could give it a command. My bad.

3 hours ago, TrashySloth said:

Look.. I've seen them myself ok? How much more explaining do I have to do? How do u explain the dolls? Or the fact cupboard doors used to slam shut when they were stiff and we didn't have any windows open? I seen things walk past my door countless times, me and my mum have both seen ghosts properly and my sister hasn't properly but she has seen things walk past our bedroom door like me, how do u explain the moving of door handles? Or knocking on bedroom doors?

Misinterpretations of other events. Someone playing pranks.  Pareidolia.  Vivid imagination.  Impaired faculties?  Why does it have to be paranormal?  And what exactly are you seeking by posting your story?  You asked clearly in the title "My House Haunted?"  So, that means we're going to try to answer your question, one way of the other.  If your not accepting the answers you don't want to read, then that's your problem.  So, you tell us, is your house haunted?

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, alibongo said:

Just out of interest, how old are you?

I'm 14 but quite a mature 14 as I've had to look after my brother since I was 9 and he was 4 and he has aspergers so he's quite hard work but yeah I'm 14

5 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Misinterpretations of other events. Someone playing pranks.  Pareidolia.  Vivid imagination.  Impaired faculties?  Why does it have to be paranormal?  And what exactly are you seeking by posting your story?  You asked clearly in the title "My House Haunted?"  So, that means we're going to try to answer your question, one way of the other.  If your not accepting the answers you don't want to read, then that's your problem.  So, you tell us, is your house haunted?

Because it's understandable if it's paranormal, it all adds up. And yeah I'm pretty damn sure my house is haunted but I wanted to see if other ppl thought that too

On 10/24/2016 at 4:19 AM, TrashySloth said:

Was the music box in the room with your brother at the time? Depending on the design they will and do randomly release residual tension. Baby monitors pick up all kids of signals as well. Not sure I buy the whole scribbles and scratches thing unless your brother did it. The knocking could be the house settling, as for the scratching. That could be a rodent. Of course I'm going to go ahead and assume there are none because reasons.

This could be nothing more than a self induce psychosomatic sensation based on expectation. Since all these signs point to a haunted house you've loaded your subconscious with that idea.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:19 AM, TrashySloth said:

So your associating the existence of a ghost with the a dead old woman. Kinda morbid.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:28 PM, TrashySloth said:

That depends on the pipes themselves, the condition of the plumbing and how much water is being used at the time. 

Other than what the other rational members have posted it seems to me that you want it to be haunted. Because it looks to me that all you really want is someone to confirm your current belief. Set up a camera and record these haunted spots and they'll go away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrashySloth said:

I'm 14 but quite a mature 14 as I've had to look after my brother since I was 9 and he was 4 and he has aspergers so he's quite hard work but yeah I'm 14

I'm sure you are, I know what it can be like looking after someone with Asperger's Syndrome, so again I'm sure you have got a maturity a lot of people your age lack.  

But listen, you're talking about ghosts here, and haven't posted anything that'll convince anyone who's used to looking at these things with a critical mind that there's anything paranormal going on. 

12 hours ago, TrashySloth said:

Look.. I've seen them myself ok? How much more explaining do I have to do?

Don't be petulant. And no, it's not 'OK'. There will be people who'll accept anything anyone says as being evidence of the paranormal. And if that's what you want keep trying the forums till you find the right one. Here though, you're getting an honest opinion from people who've been interested in this sort of thing for a long time. 

You don't have to do any explaining. You chose to post your experiences here, none of us forced you to, we just replied and offered alternative explanations. It's up to you whether you accept them or not, but again, you aren't telling us anything that sounds inexplicable. Which isn't the same as dismissing what you say. 

2 hours ago, TrashySloth said:

Because it's understandable if it's paranormal, it all adds up

Not based on what you've posted. It makes much more sense that there's a perfectly normal explanation. To be honest though, it seems pretty clear that isn't what you wanted. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TrashySloth said:

Because it's understandable if it's paranormal, it all adds up.

Actually, what adds up isn't paranormal, because there's no proof for such a thing.  And your story isn't exactly "adding up".

And yeah I'm pretty damn sure my house is haunted but I wanted to see if other ppl thought that too

Just trying to get a reaction, eh?

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2