Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pre-Columbian New England Megaliths?

rakovsky

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:45 PM, rakovsky said:

Anyway, in the thread, I wanted to focus more on the megalithic structures than the Solutrean hypothesis.

I think a lot of these standing monoliths are not just randomly-fallen glacier rocks:

STONMABurnt-Hill-Western-Massachusetts.j

This is Burnt Hill in Western Massachusetts near the town of Heath.

SEE : www.atlasobscura.com/places/burnt-hill-stone-circle

feels very stonehendgy

• Like 1

On 10/25/2016 at 11:12 AM, rakovsky said:

pic0014%2BNW%2BDolmen.jpg

Something like this in new england is not Colonial American. It's pretty hard to do something like that without cranes, at least for a few amateurs.

It could be natural, but if it was laying near stonehenge, people would call it megalithic. And if it were natural, I would expect more stones close by, which there arent. So it doesn't look random.

I believe this kind of thing can happen when glaciers recede. Or its aliens.

• Like 1

On 26 October 2016 at 11:58 AM, rakovsky said:

Yeah that is massive. I'm wondering if the effort gone into creating that covered space equals the reward. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Silver_Lyre said:

Yeah that is massive. I'm wondering if the effort gone into creating that covered space equals the reward. 

would this serve as a living area? like a home would but for more than 1 family? a single room apartment complex?

• Like 2

Just now, AdealJustice said:

would this serve as a living area? like a home would but for more than 1 family? a single room apartment complex?

...who knows. I would guess that it was built for communal living/storage or possibly a meeting place or religious use. Its massive and crude. Any idea as to the age and who built it?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silver_Lyre said:

...who knows. I would guess that it was built for communal living/storage or possibly a meeting place or religious use. Its massive and crude. Any idea as to the age and who built it?

I'm curious to know as well. I don't think ive read anything in this thread regarding its man made origins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 3:01 PM, Silver_Lyre said:

The overall length of this dolmen is over 23 meters (75 feet) and its chamber is over 18 meters (59 feet) long. As all dolmen, the 'Great Covered stone' in Bagneux, was a large chamber tomb which must have contained a great number of prehistoric skeletons during the neolithic period, i.e. from 4,000 to 2,000 B.C., that is about 5,000 years ago. That took place long before Gallic times, since the Gauls only appeared between 700 and 600 B.C.

Wiki

Harte

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

Wiki

Harte

Cheers mate

Edited by Silver_Lyre