Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Pugilist by Jennifer Gibbons?

Skulduggery

Where can I find the unpublished manuscript for The Pugilist by Jennifer Gibbons?

In a library, or try a book store, the Internet can provide also

Edited by MissJatti
  • Like 1

Just now, MissJatti said:

In a library, or try a book store, the Internet can provide also

I've been looking for 15 years.

It gets a lot of mentions on the internet, especially with the notoriety of the Gibbons sisters, but it seems like it's stored in a crate somewhere in some unreachable location.

Also worth mentioning is there are other books with the same title and any attempt to look it up through sites which link to Amazon, etc., link to books by other authors.

Edited by Skulduggery

Have you tried www.goodreads.com they have the biggest selection of books probably ever.

They've had it listed as published for ages. However, after digging and researching for just as long, I can't find it nor find any indication it was ever published (besides their initial self-publication.. which is also MIA). Although its premise has been talked about a time or two.

Edited by Skulduggery

Loaded with weirdness!! Weird twins and definitely weird premise for a story. If something has never been published, the author has usually made arrangements for family to take possession and if they have no desire to publish it, there's not much you can do.

• Like 1

It's not really a book if it was never published. There's no info on it, really.

I've thought about reaching out to June Gibbons about it a time or two but that may not only be a difficult task, but may not be wise as well. FWIW Pepsi Cola Addict by June is a pretty good book.

There could be a reason why it was never published. What sparked your interest?

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested in both Jennifer and June's writings since I was a young kid. I saw something about them on television in the late eighties or early nineties and then Jennifer died. I related to their childhoods to an extent. There were similarities.