Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Berkeley protesters demand 'spaces of color,'

aztek

Left-wing students at the University of California, Berkeley are protesting again. This time, however, these students are calling for “safe spaces” for transgendered people, as well as “spaces of color” at the University (which they already have).

The protesters are also harassing white students trying to study, barring their path across a key bridge while allowing students of color safe passage.

The protest, which began last Friday, blocked Berkeley’s Sather Gate, disrupted studying students in the Student Union, and blocked traffic at the intersection of Telegraph and Bancroft in front of campus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/24/berkeley-protesters-demand-spaces-color-harass-white-students-trying-to-pass.html

yep, like i've said it 100's of times, it has nothing to do with equality. what needs to happen before people realize it and call it what it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

yep, like i've said it 100's of times, it has nothing to do with equality. what needs to happen before people realize it and call it what it is.

Photograph and ID the freedom fighters at the bridge, then have a chat with them later, on a more suitable playground.  Clown suits, optional.

• Like 2

I'll say it: "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." 

What a bunch of losers.

• Like 8

I demand bacon and eggs every morning but I don't always get it. Demand away oh entitled few. I demand they stop this foolishness.

• Like 8

Berkley is full of cause-heads.  It's also lacking in anyone taking student protests there particularly seriously.

• Like 1

yea i'm sure those white who were refused passage just because they were born white, are just laughing it off.  

i'm sure you would like no one take it seriously, but you ain't getting that, people unlike you take racial discrimination bordering with hate crime seriously, you otoh, not so much when it is whites that are discriminated.

i have no doubt if roles were reversed you'd scream racism first.,

btw didn't you said few threads ago, you'd like to tone down on hate speech, well this is it, seems like you do not relay care for it. seems like your words are really empty.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

What about people who 'look white' but choose to identify themselves as 'people of color'? Surely, those folks can enter into the 'spaces of color', right? You know, like being able to use the bathroom of whichever gender you choose to identify with.

• Like 8

the whole idea that blacks need safe places from whites is what  gonna start race war, after generation of racist raised and brainwashed. they are only 15% of population, that will defiantly end bad for them

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

"Spaces of Color"?

That place needs a visit from the Colors Out of Space, and quickly.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aztek said:

It has nothing to do with leftists as well.

If the article stands correct, they are just a bunch of spoiled, racist bullies, trying to impose their view on others.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Parsec said:

It has nothing to do with leftists as well.

If the article stands correct, they are just a bunch of spoiled, racist bullies, trying to impose their view on others.

i never said it had. thou i'm sure 100% none of the racists there are right wing activists. so yea, 99,9% they are lefties. in addition to what how  described them above

Edited by aztek

33 minutes ago, aztek said:

the whole idea that blacks need safe places from whites is what  gonna start race war, after generation of racist raised and brainwashed. they are only 15% of population, that will defiantly end bad for them

The whole idea that people need safe places at university is crazy for me. 

I could, maybe, understand when you are 10 years old,  but when you are 20?

Are US universities so dangerous? 

Or students so fragile? 

Because you don't have a library where you can study and a room, a pub or a tree where you can talk to your friends? 

They should have fraternity/sorority houses as well, right? 

I don't genuinely get it. 

Aztek, I keep quoting you because you offer good starting points! 

• Like 3

you really do not expect things to be as they appear, do you? it has little to do with safe places for color\danger of universities, or place to study, it has everything to do with inciting a race war, i have no doubts those students did not come up with it by themselves, they were directed, and organised by someone, for this display of blatant racism. which unfortunately will go unpunished, and will be downplayed like some already did here, and swept under the rug, 

• Like 3

So now they are protesting for segregation ?

Wtf lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

i never said it had. thou i'm sure 100% none of the racists there are right wing activists. so yea, 99,9% they are lefties. in addition to what how  described them above

I didn't imply you said it, but the article talks about "leftists" demanding "equality", so to me they are both wrong terms. 

They can call themselves as they wish and can think of themselves what they want,  but that won't make them the real thing and their actions speak louder than their rhetoric. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parsec said:

I didn't imply you said it, but the article talks about "leftists" demanding "equality", so to me they are both wrong terms. 

They can call themselves as they wish and can think of themselves what they want,  but that won't make them the real thing and their actions speak louder than their rhetoric. 

and, their words and acttions show them to be leftist.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, danielost said:

and, their words and acttions show them to be leftist.

If you say so! 

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

it sure seems that way.

Just out of curiosity, so to understand each other better and put terms in the right context, how would you define a left-wing person and how a right-wing one?

• Like 1

People on Right: People on the right of the political spectrum revere authority, religion, tradition, elitism, and property rights. 

People on Left: People on the left of the political spectrum revere political liberty, social change, human equality, and human rights.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

"Spaces of Color"?

That place needs a visit from the Colors Out of Space, and quickly.

+1 for Lovecraftian references so close to Halloween.

• Like 3