Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think I'm offically an atheist now..

spartan max2

On 12/9/2016 at 7:27 PM, Phaeton80 said:

Ah, the double standard card is slapped on the table. Quote mining is unfair you say.. The ones doing it are the Reds and Christians you say.. While ofcourse, the main trick used ad naseum against those who see value in Abrahamic scripture is exactly that; quote mining (with soul intent to underwrite your pre conceived notions).

..Quoting specific singular verses, completely out of scriptural and historic context, to subsequently try and demonize / implicate said scripture and those that value them. All ideological groups are guilty of this self defeating trick, and any that would pose differently are fooling themselves, foolishly trying to project a superior platform over other groups. Which is indicative of a disbalanced view of themselves (irrational positive), as well as others (irrational negative).

So yeah; Ill see your double standards play, and raise you a 'pot, kettle, black' in response.

Unresponsive and empty excuses for bad logic.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, back to earth said:

But the cursor below the box and hit back backspace !  

You know, you remind me if my dear old Uncle Frank . Uncle Frank could do anything !   And was good at everything; he was such a good motorcycle rider the cops could never catch him... it took them 3 years to catch him  and when they finally did they said ( accoirding to Frank) 'What are ya runnin for, we been chasing you for the last year, as you are such a good rider, we wanted to ask you to join up and become a motorcycle cop ! "         :D  

Anyway Frank built a boat, stuck a big outboard on the back, launched it, took off at high speed broke a steering cable and started doing water donuts  round and round the marina smacking into everyone's boats , yelling out 'What do I do ?  .... Help ! " 

I, even at that young age heard several people for over half a minute yell out 'Cut your throttle ya idiot ! " 

"Help , help, what do I do ... the steering is out ! "  .... eventually it dawned on him ... all by himself .... he simply cut the throttle, pushed the lever forward and the boat stopped . 

' Uncle Walker ' .

Indeed you can , I would say, at this stage in the game ,  it makes little difference what you fill your post boxes with .

here  are some ideas ;

Image result for dancing banana gif                          Related image    Related image

Is that why you up at 1 am  still fiddling with the buttons ?

But , you claim to be considerate of others ?   

yeah, but you are such a good boy, you dont complain about much .... just go on and on about how you dont complain though . 

I see ... you normally do it the way you have to reduce confusion   (wow  ! )  

Then just post it .   and continue on in a new post  ...... OI !   Its like trying to teach a kid to tie his shoelaces !

Sounds like you made a mess of it . Are you sure you followed the instructions properly.

That took  25 mins !  My Goodness !    What the hell were you doing ?  - no wonder your wife gets cranky at you for spending so long on the internet everyday ! 

You know ..... I was just thinking ......   maybe there is something wrong with YOUR  computer  ?    :unsure:

I am sure there is.

You cannot remove a quote box by just going back as you suggested.  it sometimes wont continue allowing me to write after a quote box  and often it doesn't save.

However i did not have any of these problems withe old site.

I do appreciate your assistance but it would be more effective without the snarky comments .  As i said 25 minutes doing it this way rather than 5 as i normally do it (but then of course you have to unscramble the egg when you want to quote me)    I will continue experimenting although i probably wont use this for longer complex posts. Just takes too long and risks making too many errors swapping back and forth  Why they ever replaced the old user- friendly interface with this one is incomprehensible.

I am up most nights until between 1 or 4.30 (most normally around 1-2   Havent got time to waste sleeping. But you might be in a different time zone to me. 

Here is my day today. Went to bed 1.30.

Up at 7 watered the garden, took the 3 dogs for a 5 k walk, got my wife and sister in law breakfast . Played on the computer for a while, hoed some weeds, sprayed the roses for black spot,  cleaned out the car.  Took my sister in law 40 ks back to her home town and had a really nice lunch at a little restaurant called "Alive and well" where i also read a free copy of the paper . Then went shopping at the local IGA  (was about 2.30 by then.)

Drove home, played skyrim for a bit, made my wife a cup of tea, and coffee cheese cake,      and did a bit more in the garden.  Because we had a big lunch i wont need to get tea, so i will have time to read or some more computer time until the abc news,at 7pm,  then a bit more watering before it gets dark.  We will sit down for a few hours tv viewing together  from about 8.30, catching up on; designated survivor, poldark, frequency, and timeless,  or maybe hacksaw ridge if it downloads successfully  Then from about 11 or 12  i will either read or play some more skyrim until 1 or 2 am   I might even get back here for a bit.  

This is a quiet day compared with most.  Tomorrow there is a lot of work in the garden; pruning, weeding, watering and maintaining drippers,  pipes and fittings etc Oh and a couple of hours bird netting about 30 trees and twenty vines.    Another 5k walk with the dogs, plus a full games night with some adult nephews in a town 70 k s away which starts at 7.00 pm and goes to about 11 pm, so that i get home about midnight, in time to do some reading or get backto UM  Plus maybe helping my wife hang out and put away the washing if its a good day and she doesn't have to use the drier. I  also have to fit in reading the paper, coffee at the bakery, and preparing 3 meals 

See why i dont have time to waste, stuffing around with getting quotes right? :)

Oh plus my brother and niece yesterday  gave me the latest Clive cussler, and 3 jack reacher,  novels i have to read, so i have to fit reading them in as well, before someone else wants to read them. 

Edited by Mr Walker

28 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I am sure there is.

Well, it could be the computer- or the operator ......   or   !      the modem .  Have you thought of that .

You cannot remove a quote box by just going back as you suggested.

Okay, I am going to remain patient with you through this post .  I most certainly CAN remove a quote box by setting the cursor below it and hitting backspace , I do it a lot . 

it sometimes wont continue allowing me to write after a quote box  and often it doesn't save. 

What do you mean 'it doesn't save '  ?  Do you mean when you go to post the post doesnt appear in the thread ?  What needs to be saved if you deleting a quote box  ?   

Things were always better in the old days , eh ? 

I do appreciate your assistance but it would be more effective without the snarky comments .  As i said 25 minutes doing it this way rather than 5 as i normally do it (but then of course you have to unscramble the egg when you want to quote me)    I will continue experimenting although i probably wont use this for longer complex posts. Just takes too long and risks making too many errors swapping back and forth  Why they ever replaced the old user- friendly interface with this one is incomprehensible.

Ohh, this  format is great for posting images 

You ... and your dog ..... need to  get with it man 

Image result for posting an image

I am up most nights until between 1 or 4.30 (most normally around 1-2   Havent got time to waste sleeping. But you might be in a different time zone to me. 

You dont have the time to waste sleeping .... so you spent it here writing what you did ?  

Here we go .....

Up at 7 watered the garden, took the 3 dogs for a 5 k walk, got my wife and sister in law breakfast . Played on the computer for a while, hoed some weeds, sprayed the roses for black spot,  cleaned out the car.  Took my sister in law 40 ks back to her home town and had a really nice lunch at a little restaurant called "Alive and well" where i also read a free copy of the paper . Then went shopping at the local IGA  (was about 2.30 by then.)

Hey !   You never said what you made for breakfast !    <_<     

Was it toast, scrambled egg and grilled tomato from your back yard chooks and veggie garden ? 

Drove home, played skyrim for a bit, made my wife a cup of tea, and coffee cheese cake,

What flavor ? 

( Now , you see, that time I could not split the quote by fitting return .  So I reset the cursor and  did it again ... and again  ...

nope .... then I did id againagainaginagain until ... pop  !  I have a gap .  The delete all the extra spacing the failed attempts made .  Took less time than writing this did .  ) 

and did a bit more in the garden.  Because we had a big lunch i wont need to get tea, so i will have time to read or some more computer time until the abc news,at 7pm,  then a bit more watering before it gets dark.  We will sit down for a few hours tv viewing together  from about 8.30, catching up on; designated survivor, poldark, frequency, and timeless,  or maybe hacksaw ridge if it downloads successfully  Then from about 11 or 12  i will either read or play some more skyrim until 1 or 2 am   I might even get back here for a bit.  

This is a quiet day compared with most.  Tomorrow there is a lot of work in the garden; pruning, weeding, watering and maintaining drippers,  pipes and fittings etc Oh and a couple of hours bird netting about 30 trees and twenty vines.    Another 5k walk with the dogs, plus a full games night with some adult nephews in a town 70 k s away which starts at 7.00 pm and goes to about 11 pm, so that i get home about midnight, in time to do some reading or get backto UM  Plus maybe helping my wife hang out and put away the washing if its a good day and she doesn't have to use the drier. I  also have to fit in reading the paper, coffee at the bakery, and preparing 3 meals 

See why i dont have time to waste, stuffing around with getting quotes right? :)

But enough time, it seems to recount your day and what is in for store for tomorrow, here .  

I spent my morning freshwater huntin  up river with the Kooris . 

Oh plus my brother and niece yesterday  gave me the latest Clive cussler, and 3 jack reacher,  novels i have to read, so i have to fit reading them in as well, before someone else wants to read them. 

Oh .... and I mowed the lawn when I got back .   Now , can we continue, after all that .

The computer ?   It might be easier to  check the modem first, the new hardware here does use up more data and depending on what speed your modem runs at  could slow down reactions to commands here on screen .  It should, but it if is old, dusty, damp, etc it could slow down .   Try a shake and rattle , but be gentle !   If that doesnt work try this ,  its a gentle way of  drying out any moisture and dislodging dust.

Turn off the modem and place it in a heavy duty  thick paper bag , make sure its very dry first, and tie the top with some  light rope or heavy sting and leave one end about three meters long. 

Now, I want you to go out the front yard, where it safer . we dont want to break any of Mrs Walker's vases ! ... go out the front yard and I want you to  hold the end of the rope and gently  swing the bag around you in a circle until it is circling over head. Now swing it round and round , pretty fast , now, while you are doing that, I want you you to jump up and down off the ground   flap your other arm .... and cluck like a chicken . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I am sure there is.

Well, it could be the computer- or the operator ......   or   !      the modem .  Have you thought of that .

You cannot remove a quote box by just going back as you suggested.

Okay, I am going to remain patient with you through this post .  I most certainly CAN remove a quote box by setting the cursor below it and hitting backspace , I do it a lot . 

it sometimes wont continue allowing me to write after a quote box  and often it doesn't save. 

What do you mean 'it doesn't save '  ?  Do you mean when you go to post the post doesnt appear in the thread ?  What needs to be saved if you deleting a quote box  ?   

You dont have the time to waste sleeping .... so you spent it here writing what you did ?  

Here we go .....

Was it toast, scrambled egg and grilled tomato from your back yard chooks and veggie garden ? 

I think he had unscrambled eggs.:lol:

• Like 1

Mr and Mrs Walker(bout) in a previous incarnation, fixing the 'modem' ..... he still had that 'communication problem'  ; 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2016 at 6:00 PM, back to earth said:

Here we go .....

What flavor ? 

( Now , you see, that time I could not split the quote by fitting return .  So I reset the cursor and  did it again ... and again  ...

nope .... then I did id againagainaginagain until ... pop  !  I have a gap .  The delete all the extra spacing the failed attempts made .  Took less time than writing this did .  ) 

But enough time, it seems to recount your day and what is in for store for tomorrow, here .  

I spent my morning freshwater huntin  up river with the Kooris . 

Oh .... and I mowed the lawn when I got back .   Now , can we continue, after all that .

The computer ?   It might be easier to  check the modem first, the new hardware here does use up more data and depending on what speed your modem runs at  could slow down reactions to commands here on screen .  It should, but it if is old, dusty, damp, etc it could slow down .   Try a shake and rattle , but be gentle !   If that doesnt work try this ,  its a gentle way of  drying out any moisture and dislodging dust.

Turn off the modem and place it in a heavy duty  thick paper bag , make sure its very dry first, and tie the top with some  light rope or heavy sting and leave one end about three meters long. 

Now, I want you to go out the front yard, where it safer . we dont want to break any of Mrs Walker's vases ! ... go out the front yard and I want you to  hold the end of the rope and gently  swing the bag around you in a circle until it is circling over head. Now swing it round and round , pretty fast , now, while you are doing that, I want you you to jump up and down off the ground   flap your other arm .... and cluck like a chicken . 

Thanks  for your advice and the reciprocation of  your days activities..

I used you as generic to mean me.

I cant simply go back an get rid of a quote box AND often a post wont save for one of a number of reasons (and i have high speed broadband adequate to down load a dozen movies a t a time  so its not speed or connection issues.  No its not modem

Somethings are better some are worse. What annoys me are others who change things which make something worse. Change is ok WHEN it improves things but often it makes things worse. 

On 12/12/2016 at 7:39 AM, back to earth said:

Mr and Mrs Walker(bout) in a previous incarnation, fixing the 'modem' ..... he still had that 'communication problem'  ; 

Where did you get that photo of me from????

Dammit I am even wearing that pair of shorts right at this minute 

Edited by Mr Walker

Those pink shorts have been around a long time ...... originally they were owned by Don Dunstin .

(You may be the only person that gets that  ?  )

OR  I could have said ;  

Those pink shorts have been around a long time ....

Related image

(That's one of Walker's State Premiers  folks   . ) 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:51 PM, spartan max2 said:

I was agnostic for a long time. I really felt there was some kind of afterlife. 

I just can't resonably believe that anymore. A creator seems to be not compatible with evolution. I went with the idea of intellgence design for a while but looking around it seems a lot of things were unintelligently designed. Like why design smallpox? Or schizophrenia?

It just makes me sad to finally say and come to the realization I won't see my freind again and when people die they are compeltly gone.

I'm sorry to be a downer today, I'm normally not but this sucks 

Life after death does not require belief in a creator God and that you resolve all the philosophical conundrums man comes up with at this stage in his understanding. I personally see a pantheistic non-dual (God and creation are not-two) making the most sense and having the most evidence.

But from my study of the paranormal (and not theology) I believe in an after life based on the evidence. Here's an example of the evidence that persuaded me; Afterlife Evidence.

I see your opening post was 2 months ago and I hope you are feeling better or still interested in my reply.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Life after death does not require belief in a creator God and that you resolve all the philosophical conundrums man comes up with at this stage in his understanding. I personally see a pantheistic non-dual (God and creation are not-two) making the most sense and having the most evidence.

But from my study of the paranormal (and not theology) I believe in an after life based on the evidence. Here's an example of the evidence that persuaded me; Afterlife Evidence.

I see your opening post was 2 months ago and I hope you are feeling better or still interested in my reply.

Oh dam it's been two months already.

No worries I'll check out your link 

I'm doing good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That is a terrible link! It even states and I quote:

I have very carefully selected aspects of psychic research and afterlife knowledge that would constitute objective evidence.

So he made how own evidence up based on appeals to authority!! The only experiment he ites is Scole and he even outright lies about. He states there are no skeptics which is just a laugh. 

Seriously that is not evidence, that is the same garbage re-hashed and extended. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

That is a terrible link! It even states and I quote:

I have very carefully selected aspects of psychic research and afterlife knowledge that would constitute objective evidence.

So he made how own evidence up based on appeals to authority!! The only experiment he ites is Scole and he even outright lies about. He states there are no skeptics which is just a laugh. 

Seriously that is not evidence, that is the same garbage re-hashed and extended. 

I disagree and find this a very comprehensive survey of the evidence. He offers a million dollars to anyone that can disprove the evidence.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I disagree and find this a very comprehensive survey of the evidence. He offers a million dollars to anyone that can disprove the evidence.

Where does he do this, and on what - the evidence he admits he made up?

Like here:

It is comprehensive, I will give you that much, I would have termed it Long Winded, but go ahead, impress me, what piece of evidence in all those pages is irrefutable proof of the afterlife? I cannot see any at all. All I can see is the same BS that is all over the net conglomerated into one location. 

He even outright lies about the Scole experiment! No skeptic will answer to it?? What??? Refutations are numerous and very valid. 

I repeat, that is NOT evidence, that is an appeal to authority. Just like all the other tall tales about afterlife. The mind is the brain, the brain is made of atoms, we know how atoms work, there is just no way for what is "you" to continue on after the process of death. 

There is no proof of the afterlife, it is a belief, nothing more. 

Edited by psyche101