Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think I'm offically an atheist now..

spartan max2

Oops...comp issues... rest of my post

As for God, I think there are 2 possibilities...
        a - God does not exist
        b - Something does exist that has the knowledge of creation, but not the God of the bible.

There isn't an all powerful being that created life, it just doesn't make sense that there is. I think that if there is a "God" then it can create life, just like parents can create life, but has the same amount of control over what does or doesn't happen. Example, I can protect my children to the best of my abilities, but I cannot heal terminal diseases, reverse time, or bring them back from death, and neither can this being. If it created us, it left us, and has nothing to do with us. I think about my Father-in-Law a lot. He was a beautiful human being, the type that can have an affect on a person just after a 5 minute conversation. I think how he contracted cancer and died at 59, and that there are pedophiles walking the earth, preying on kids and they will live to be 95. If you were an all powerful being, would you allow this? This among many other examples have led me to understand that the Bible and religion are wonderful ideas, but they are not the truth. I have come to the realization that there is no God, and there is no Heaven. Once we die, we are gone.

Edited by ChewiesArmy
spelling
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Like why design smallpox? Or schizophrenia?

You can still believe in a creator - it's just that the creator is incompetent.

Doug

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Habitat said:

This is a matter where your own intuitions should be trusted more than blow-hards here or anywhere else. If they really knew the answer to this , they would not be giving an answer in the negative, that would make them just idle guessers, because there is no conceivable way to settle the question in the negative, is there ?

How come when you answer or respond to a question from someone ... you go on this tirade against other posters . 

Are you in politics or something ? 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Habitat said:

More assumptions. The dead may simply be, "outside time".

:D    says  'more assumptions'  (that he berated other posters for in his previous post  )    then makes a doozy assumption himself  right after it in the next sentence :D 

Can you get our criticisms of yourself yet ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Habitat said:

It never made any sense to me, at any stage, ever ! Other than as a man-made device to instill fear and compliance into the parishioners.

... makes one wonder why you posted that here then  ....           Image result for scratch head smiley

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

You can still believe in a creator - it's just that the creator is incompetent.

Doug

Or that humans are not as important to any supposed god as we'd like to believe. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, back to earth said:

Can you get our criticisms of yourself yet ?

Sir, your use of the Royal Plural is odious, an affront to her Brittanic Majesty !

22 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I was agnostic for a long time. I really felt there was some kind of afterlife. 

I just can't resonably believe that anymore. A creator seems to be not compatible with evolution. I went with the idea of intellgence design for a while but looking around it seems a lot of things were unintelligently designed. Like why design smallpox? Or schizophrenia?

It just makes me sad to finally say and come to the realization I won't see my freind again and when people die they are compeltly gone.

I'm sorry to be a downer today, I'm normally not but this sucks 

Welcome to the world of logic, friend. Everything is clearer from this side.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Podo said:

The cookies too, don't forget the free cookies. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

The cookies too, don't forget the free cookies. 

Cc1XaluUEAAx9G8.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Podo said:

In the great scheme of creation, that is a fail. The Creator earnestly desires you complete the circle of creation, by returning to the Source, not wander off into alternate creations of your own, which can only end in extinction.

Just now, Habitat said:

In the great scheme of creation, that is a fail. The Creator earnestly desires you complete the circle of creation, by returning to the Source, not wander off into alternate creations of your own, which can only end in extinction.

The "creator" would need to be real before it desired anything. :rofl:

• Like 2

As a member of the Illuminati I can say that our cookies aren't bad either.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Why would a creator have any desires in the first place ? Afterall a creator should be able to create anything he/she/it desires.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Podo said:

Your wilfulness in insisting it cannot be, is the only thing barring your way.

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Why would a creator have any desires in the first place ? Afterall a creator should be able to create anything he/she/it desires.

So you can be taken into the firm. As a partner.

22 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It just makes me sad to finally say and come to the realization I won't see my freind again and when people die they are compeltly gone.

While dead people might be physically gone, they will allways have a place in your mind. As long as people still remember them they are never truly gone. Atleast that is how I see it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Your wilfulness in insisting it cannot be, is the only thing barring your way.

All I'm waiting on is evidence. If your creator provided anything that even remotely resembled evidence, I'd be all over that. But it hasn't. It never had. There has never been a single shred of evidence for any mythological figure. Not for Odin, not for Sobek, not for Kali or Rama or Cthulhu or the deities that the Abrahamic mythologies stole from the Zoroastrians. None of them. When that changes? We'll talk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

So you can be taken into the firm. As a partner.

An invisible being wants me to become a partner in an invisible firm...... Sounds a lot like a con to me. :innocent:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

89bffa8b90caeb2c75b5b289624136a8.jpg

No one needs to worship anything, but wilfulness is worship of yourself. Desist from ALL worship !

15 minutes ago, Podo said:

He seems to know a great deal for one that claims knowing nothing is true enlightenment, I wonder if his inner God told him this.