Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Staying Logged Into UM

Keel M.

I've noticed since the switch that every few days I will try to access the site and find that I've been logged out. It happens both at work and at home. Are we automatically logged out after a specific length of time?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• fabsx

Not sure, It doesn't seem to log me out automatically, though. Maybe your browser isn't storing your passwords or you forgot to tick the option to remember your password at the log in screen?

I'm never off here long enough to find out. :santa:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Child of Bast said:

I've noticed since the switch that every few days I will try to access the site and find that I've been logged out. It happens both at work and at home. Are we automatically logged out after a specific length of time?

The login cookie lasts a very long time so you shouldn't be getting logged out unless you've deleted your cookies.

I don't touch my cookies. (Okay that sounded wrong) I'm wondering if when I do a nearly daily scan, my cookies on my laptop at home are being deleted. Is that possible? As for work, I think this is just a silly old machine with a version of Chrome that is no longer supported so it does what it wants.

Like Saru said, its possible that cookies are being cleared or expired at certain intervals by an add-on or an external software. Another possibility is that the cache space is full.

P.S. Some sites not only check the cookie but also other details of your connection such as your computer's IP address. And If you use an anonymizing service or private VPN to disguise your true IP address, that also could be an issue.

18 hours ago, Child of Bast said:

I'm wondering if when I do a nearly daily scan, my cookies on my laptop at home are being deleted. Is that possible?

That is quite possible, some anti-malware scanners clean up cookies that are used to track logins.

18 hours ago, Child of Bast said:

As for work, I think this is just a silly old machine with a version of Chrome that is no longer supported so it does what it wants.

That's also a likely candidate - it's always best to use the latest up-to-date version.

3 hours ago, Saru said:

That's also a likely candidate - it's always best to use the latest up-to-date version.

I really wish I could have a new machine. Everyone else in my office got one, all running Windows 10 if I'm not mistaken. I got zilch.