Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New 'Vertical Walking' could replace stairs

UM-Bot

Great way of saving space in your new pad, not so great when you're attempting to get your new bed upstairs!

• Like 6

I agree.  Space saving for sure, but not very practical.  Even small things, like groceries or your laundry would become a big hassle to move from floor to floor.

• Like 4

I'd imagine this is a mood killer when your trying to bring your tinder date back to your upstairs apartment.

• Like 2

Limited space, single occupant operation...seems like a very vertical market for this product (pun intended.) And if you need two people to get upstairs? It's not clear how that would happen.

Still, I bet it's fun to use.

No way that will replace stairs.  Should be great on submarines though.

Hipster BS.

• Like 2

Ya no thanks. If your arms get tired your ****ed

7 hours ago, Professor Buzzkill said:

I'd imagine this is a mood killer when your trying to bring your tinder date back to your upstairs apartment.

Well, since it's a date set up on tinder, I'm sure the axe murderer taking her/his date back to the apartment would rather stay outside around the dumpster anyway, if you know what I mean.  More convenient that way.

Oh...yeah, I just made fun of tinder.

i will use it as long as no one above me.

This is not new idea, a similar equipment for wheelchair people  already in use.

Edited by kobolds

Its mechanical with working parts...we already have a better working solution its called the elevator.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

Ya no thanks. If your arms get tired your ****ed

Yeah and try carrying a bag or a box "upstairs"  You'd need a backpack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diablo_04 said:

Its mechanical with working parts...we already have a better working solution its called the elevator.

Yes - but with the elevator you don't get the exercise.  This would help the arms and legs. My Dad always had this to say about a bicycle "Pedal like hell to give your a$$ a rest."

THE OLD TAILS COMES BACK, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.  STAIRS AREN'T BROKE.

1 hour ago, paperdyer said:

Yes - but with the elevator you don't get the exercise.  This would help the arms and legs. My Dad always had this to say about a bicycle "Pedal like hell to give your a$$ a rest."

You can do pushups in the elevator or join a gym :D 

A team of designers

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/300180/new-vertical-walking-could-replace-stairs

designers?  jeeze! 

and this is what they come up with...who funds this s*** ? 

First thing that came to mind was elevator shaft. I also suppose this device would work to ascend vertically up a secret passage inside a wall space.

I don't see this device as practical because mechanical parts would need replacement. Stairs are more reliable in that sense.

Anyway, it's not exactly new is it. Climbers and riggers have been using more or less the same thing for years. All this lot have done is get a wooden seat from Ikea to replace the canvas sling, and replaced the rope with a couple of poles.  

Edited by oldrover