Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Check this very cool illusion out

seeder

OK ... look at the legs below.....do you see them shining as if covered in some sort of oil? what has made them so shiny?

You saw them all shiny? ? Well done! So did I...

But look again....there is NO SHINE....NONE.... its just cream or paint streaks on the legs. Lol, where did the shine go you first saw?

Bizarre optical illusion divides social media… so can YOU spot what is wrong with this pair of legs?

The optical illusion is the latest picture to confuse internet users
    People struggled to work out whether the lady's legs had streaks of paint on them, or whether they were oily
    Image is latest in a long line of optical brainteasers to baffle the internet

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3874662/Bizarre-optical-illusion-divides-social-media-spot-wrong-pair-legs.html#ixzz4OGPiiBbQ

Edited by Saru
Please don't hotlink images from news sites - image can be viewed via the link
  • Like 5

they continued to appear shinny until I read this part that you posted  " its just cream or paint streaks on the legs. Lol, where did the shine go you first saw? "

• Like 2

Just now, Ellapennella said:

they continued to appear shinny until I read this part that you posted  " its just cream or paint streaks on the legs. Lol, where did the shine go you first saw? "

:lol: Thats what I meant when I said cool !! Id seen this on several sites, and EVERY time I saw them shine!! Then when I actually read a link....I cant ever see the shine again!

:lol:

I wanna the shiny back gawd dangit ... gimme back the shine ... :lol:

~

Ahhh I got it ... look at it from the top down and its shiny again ... look at it from the bottom up and the shine is gone ...

Good work  Watson ... now lets pluck out the eyes ... :lol:

~

Edited by third_eye
solution
  • Like 2

Haha - at first I thought it was cling wrap / film around the legs. Now I can see the cream. 

Very clever :P

• Like 3

Just now, Astra. said:

Haha - at first I thought it was cling wrap / film around the legs. Now I can see the cream. 

Very clever :P

Its weird isnt it? I REALLY did see a SHINE! 100%!   But when you think of cream or paint you just cant see it again!   :lol:

• Like 3

I know that he or she has knobbly knees 

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Its weird isnt it? I REALLY did see a SHINE! 100%!   But when you think of cream or paint you just cant see it again!   :lol:

Yeah it's weird alright. The power of suggestion is truly amazing :lol:

• Like 2

I just clicked on the link without really reading the post and when I seen the image my reactions was "Paint streaks...so?".

The streaks didn't look shiny to me even when they tried to point it out. I guess I looked at the little details instead of the whole thing as it is.

I'm pretty sure the story I read yesterday said that it's paint and did not suggest cream in any way. I, too, saw the shine and can still see it for a few seconds before my brain corrects itself.

This is proof that our brain automatically interprets what we expect to see rather than what is really there. Kinda like "ghosts".

• Like 2