Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Health and Wellness 101

Yamato

19 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I admit that may be best for you and if you feel good from it keep it up.

When i say lean and strong i think my version to be far different from yours.I think long term for the vast majority of people i run into they want long term weight loss and to keep it off.

The best way to do that without severly restricting oneself by dietary means is to also build lean mass!

But c'mon Yam,you have been bringing up examples defending your position that made little sense...

Hopefully as lean as you sound to be you are a lil more ripped than Nate,that dude has the muscle definition of a canned ham! :rofl:

Bro, if you intermittent fast, you'll activate your human growth hormone, train your body to burn fat, regulate your digestion and blood sugar, eliminate your wastes and slow your aging too.  No matter how much you try to make this about me, it's not about me, it just makes sense.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/534073-7-ways-that-intermittent-fasting-energizes-your-metabolism-to-burn-fat/

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well i agree with that Yam,but your wording made that seem likd a bad thing...But if one is building lean mass it isn't being used as a crutch!

Keeping my body out of a catabolic state is huge for me,i didn't just waste time,money,ect. just to lay back and pee it away lol

I have no doubt that keeping your body fueled worked for you to achieve your goals of getting bigger, stronger and faster.  If I took that same approach right now from where I'm starting from, I'm sure I'd have good results too.

One can eat high protein low carb six times a day sitting on their backsides to and lose mad amounts of weight,believe it or not...

Not nearly as fast or efficiently as eating high protein low carb six times a day sitting on their backside and narrowing their feasting window to eight hours a day.

9 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Bro, if you intermittent fast, you'll activate your human growth hormone, train your body to burn fat, regulate your digestion and blood sugar, eliminate your wastes and slow your aging too.  No matter how much you try to make this about me, it's not about me, it just makes sense.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/534073-7-ways-that-intermittent-fasting-energizes-your-metabolism-to-burn-fat/

Just no man...My test levels are naturaly high,no gh problems,already burn fat around the clock,no digestive or blood sugar issues either.

I'm not making this about you,you seem to badly want me to be though and i just don't care.

I train people 5-6 days a week and am certified and get paid to do it.

I'm doing just fine and so are my clients without fasting a single time...But thanks anyway ;)

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Just no man...My test levels are naturaly high,no gh problems,already burn fat around the clock,no digestive or blood sugar issues either.

I'm not making this about you,you seem to badly want me to be though and i just don't care.

I train people 5-6 days a week and am certified and get paid to do it.

I'm doing just fine and so are my clients without fasting a single time...But thanks anyway ;)

Teaching people about intermittent fasting wouldn't be good for business then.  ;)

6 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Teaching people about intermittent fasting wouldn't be good for business then.  ;)

You are correct,they would all wonder what the hell happened to their muscles and go somewhere else :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

You are correct,they would all wonder what the hell happened to their muscles and go somewhere else :lol:

Thin people get noticeable muscle gains much more quickly because their muscles aren't hiding behind their fat.  

But I know, I know.   Your gym isn't for little girly men like me.  :rolleyes:   I'd be perfect bait for the "Do you even lift, bro?" prank the moment I walked in.

durham_067111.jpg

I dont excerise and i dont watch what i eat cause when its ur time to die its ur time, its all bull crap i know plenty of health nuts that went to the gym and ran 5 miles a day and guess what there dead, they had heart attacks and cancer and this and that. so  all that liveing longer does for people is just geting kept in this crap world we live in and pay more taxs

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

Thin people get noticeable muscle gains much more quickly because their muscles aren't hiding behind their fat.  

But I know, I know.   Your gym isn't for little girly men like me.  :rolleyes:   I'd be perfect bait for the "Do you even lift, bro?" prank the moment I walked in.

durham_067111.jpg

True thin people do...at first!

But 99.9% run outta juice so to speak because their metabolisms burn everything up very fast and after about 3 months their noticable gains stop being very noticable and many have trouble gaining anymore mass at all...

While the person with fat on them will start leaning down while still adding size.

You couldn't be more wrong!

The strongest pound for pound person at our gym is a 120 lb woman!

She isn't grossly muscular either!

Second strongest lb for lb is a little guy who started at 137 lbs,amazingly he eats exactly how i say and is up to 168 lbs and leaner bodyfat % than he was when he was 137!

That's wild ain't it :rolleyes:...eating more,weighing more,but less overall body fat!... 

I mean dude if i'm not mistaken we are 1 year apart in age,i have had a few major surgeries and a few minor,and have been banged up in combat sports for over 20 years.

I've chosen to continue on my path as it works for me,you changed over because you told yourself you couldn't do it anymore and changed paths.

2 hours ago, coolguy said:

I dont excerise and i dont watch what i eat cause when its ur time to die its ur time, its all bull crap i know plenty of health nuts that went to the gym and ran 5 miles a day and guess what there dead, they had heart attacks and cancer and this and that. so  all that liveing longer does for people is just geting kept in this crap world we live in and pay more taxs

Hahaha i don't do it for the living longer factor cool...

It's part of my job and honestly i will just be happy to live to double my current age.

Trying to live the dream of living forever is for fools and rich men...

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

True thin people do...at first!

But 99.9% run outta juice so to speak because their metabolisms burn everything up very fast and after about 3 months their noticable gains stop being very noticable and many have trouble gaining anymore mass at all...

While the person with fat on them will start leaning down while still adding size.

You couldn't be more wrong!

The strongest pound for pound person at our gym is a 120 lb woman!

She isn't grossly muscular either!

Second strongest lb for lb is a little guy who started at 137 lbs,amazingly he eats exactly how i say and is up to 168 lbs and leaner bodyfat % than he was when he was 137!

That's wild ain't it :rolleyes:...eating more,weighing more,but less overall body fat!... 

I mean dude if i'm not mistaken we are 1 year apart in age,i have had a few major surgeries and a few minor,and have been banged up in combat sports for over 20 years.

I've chosen to continue on my path as it works for me,you changed over because you told yourself you couldn't do it anymore and changed paths.

You're trying so hard to argue with me about something and I still don't know what.

Whatever it is you do that works, do it!  But do it while you narrow your feasting window to speed up weight loss and have more powerful gains to your health than what you're doing without it.    What percentage gain in BDNF do you get from what you do?   Show me your study.   I'll show you mine.

8 hours ago, Yamato said:

You're trying so hard to argue with me about something and I still don't know what.

Whatever it is you do that works, do it!  But do it while you narrow your feasting window to speed up weight loss and have more powerful gains to your health than what you're doing without it.    What percentage gain in BDNF do you get from what you do?   Show me your study.   I'll show you mine.

No no i'm not Yam,this has been a you and me conversation or you and i however you prefer...We aren't sitting face to face so the convo will either have to be directed at either you or me get it?Nothing personal it's just how a conversation works.

Ok i read about "intermittent fasting"...

My conclusion,it is the equivilant of a 3 square meal a day eater skipping breakfast or cutting weight for a fight before the final 3 days.

I read a few health benefits but all read like this...In mice,in theory,and "May"...

I'm afraid you may take this personal but it's not!It "may" be a decent way to diet but not much human research at all has been done on it Yam!

I found 3 different versions of intermittent fasting and i'm guessing your doing the "lean gains" version which sounds like the most reasonable but again 1 human study...

That study was done on healthy men 20's - early 30's with atleast 5 years gym experience.The group that fasted over 8 weeks lost 3.2 lbs compared to the non fasting group,but and this was big but Test and IGF levels decreased while cortisol increased...

8 weeks is a short term study so i would want to know how and if Test and IGF kept dropping while cortisol kept going up before ever committing to something long term.The numbers in the study werent severe or anything but again,the way i eat has been long term and IS my diet.I know for a fact my Test levels are naturally high and my diet has no detrimental effect on it or IGF and keeps cortisol down.

I might give it a shot short term one week Yam when i'm not in a heavy lifting cycle just to let you know how it makes me feel.But again the only real study i have found on humans was on healthy,athletic,20 - early 30's males.That is far from the GREAT for everyone and super metabolic boosting effects...3.2 lbs over 2 months isn't that impressive even more so for athletic males.

To end if you like it do it,but the evidence is far from conclusive for as highly as one has been touting it! ;)

Another part of the study i found interesting was the participants didn't lose lean mass which actually suprised me a little,but they didn't gain any either...

On one of the other versions while no study was done,theory suggests one could actually slow their metabolism down.

Just not near enough studies or evidence out there at the time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 3:36 PM, CrimsonKing said:

Another part of the study i found interesting was the participants didn't lose lean mass which actually suprised me a little,but they didn't gain any either...

On one of the other versions while no study was done,theory suggests one could actually slow their metabolism down.

Just not near enough studies or evidence out there at the time.

I hear there's not nearly enough research on cannabis either, it's like a broken record or Godwin's Law every single time a long-enough discussion about cannabis comes up.  Not enough studies, research, evidence for what?   What conclusion are we trying to reach that we need more studies for?   Maybe the conclusion we're trying to reach is too grandiose?  Like IF, there's plenty of conclusions we can reach right now with the studies and research we already have.   IF isn't perfect, or magic, or even ideal in many cases, but it is extremely effective for burning mad fat with or without exercise.  Sure just like cannabis, people can wait around and wait for more research on whatever, but life is short and drugs are profitable.   Humans practiced IF as a matter of course for hundreds of thousands of years, because once upon a time there wasn't a grocery store or restaurant on every street corner.  

Applications of IF for bodybuilding concerns aside, don't be afraid of your BDNF when it comes to your health.   Embrace it and increase it and your future brain will thank you for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:26 AM, Yamato said:

Maybe you're someone who's been diagnosed with a disease, maybe you're someone who's been told you probably have a disease, maybe you're someone who thinks you have a disease, and/or maybe you're someone without a disease, or without a disease - yet.  In that case, this is for you.  Let's break this down clean. 

They say the ones that live the longest, are those that can accept lost .

• Like 1

Fruits and Vegetables!  Will He Eat it?  I'm not surprised he wanted nothing to do with the strawberry, one of the "dirtiest" foods around.   Master Steel is totally making me want to scarf down some broccoli though.   I love how thrilled he is when he's served the carrot lol

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 0:54 PM, Yamato said:

Table Salt vs Himalayan Salt.  Which is better?

I dunno about better but I've been using Himalayan Pink for quite sometime ... tastes better and without that bitter twang at the end with white table salt ~

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I dunno about better but I've been using Himalayan Pink for quite sometime ... tastes better and without that bitter twang at the end with white table salt ~

OMG the taste!

I'm crazy about the taste.  Now that I'm used to Himalayan, table salt tastes like pool water chlorine to me now.    Table salt is also restaurant salt so I don't eat out anymore that much.

Oh btw, I'm not consuming turmeric by the 1/4 tsp anymore.   I'm sprinkling it on almost everything.  Meats, vegetables, fruits, salads, soups, bread, starches!    It must be combined with black pepper and a healthy fat in order to become available as medicine.   That's on salad with avocados, large amounts poured on my bone broth when serving.   What I've started doing a week or two ago is combining the turmeric and pepper with ginger or curry.    I just had a mega-green smoothie with the turmeric-ginger-pepper herbal trinity and the brain energy is spectacular!  

What I've found is that eating like this eventually makes bad food taste like ass.  I would rather go hungry than eat fast food so I avoid it altogether.  Or anything on the "Snacks" aisle at Walmart...or any kind of soda....barf!   Even my favorites like Coca Cola and Big Mac might make me sick.   I can't be sure, I don't touch them anymore.   I honestly believe that we train ourselves to eat better by eating a lot better.   That's the biggest benefit I've experienced and it's an awesome one!   Our bodies are so smart they find all kinds of ways of making us want to maintain a healthy diet once we do our level best give it a good launch.   That's the benefit in my own anecdote at least, and for me, experiencing is believing.   I noticed I can't keep the super-turbo nutrition diet going indefinitely....but what I've drifted back down to is far better than the garbage diet I used to have.

To all:

Who was it that said it's easier to believe a lie you've heard a thousand times than the truth you've never heard before?    I think this subject exemplifies that quote better than any I've ever seen.  

I think the religion in health care is infinitely more deadly and destructive than (Islam + Christianity + Judaism)2. I don't want to insult religion by calling it a religion.   I see a mythology that's crept into bodies of knowledge with respect to things like the global climate and our individual health.   The politics get scientized, and unfortunately the science gets politicized.  :( There are distinctly economic interests independent of the science of both fields, that distorts our better understanding and turns us into unthinking sheep only capable of trusting.  Trusting in what their politicians say and do, trusting in the system of the establishment.    Strange times when science is turned into a doctrine being sold to us by an army of well-wishers and good-doers.   Politicians making us believe they care, and serving us up a plate full of doom we gladly gulp down.

1. "The cause is un-known, but we believe it's related to blub blub..."

2. "There is no cure."

3. "Here, take these chemicals to increase your toxicity profile, but also make you more comfortable while your body deteriorates."  

:rolleyes:

If anything deserves Rambo going in with the M60 or the Terminator walking in with a gatling gun and proverbially mowing it all down, it's that.    #2 alone deserves a Bruce Lee roundhouse kick to the face, if that's the major message a patient gets from their doctor when they're diagnosed with a terrible dis-ease.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yamato said:

Oh btw, I'm not consuming turmeric by the 1/4 tsp anymore.   I'm sprinkling it on almost everything.  Meats, vegetables, fruits, salads, soups, bread, starches!    It must be combined with black pepper and a healthy fat in order to become available as medicine.   That's on salad with avocados, large amounts poured on my bone broth when serving.   What I've started doing a week or two ago is combining the turmeric and pepper with ginger or curry.    I just had a mega-green smoothie with the turmeric-ginger-pepper herbal trinity and the brain energy is spectacular!  

That's encouraging, spread it out a little bit more, I don't think turmeric on a daily basis makes for any good in the long run. A little bit goes a mighty long way is how I see it.

10 hours ago, Yamato said:

What I've found is that eating like this eventually makes bad food taste like ass. 

I'm at that stage where some of it actually makes me sick, I mean physically ... turns my stomach into knots even when the people around me gobbles it down with relish. I dunno, I think its the smell/scent that turns me off, that artificial synthetic plastic thing, or maybe its that 'this shouldn't smell like that' instinct going on overdrive.

The pinch of the good with the bad I guess ...

~

• Like 1