Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Health and Wellness 101

Yamato

Maybe you're someone who's been diagnosed with a disease, maybe you're someone who's been told you probably have a disease, maybe you're someone who thinks you have a disease, and/or maybe you're someone without a disease, or without a disease - yet.  In that case, this is for you.  Let's break this down clean. 

• Like 2

Can you give us a synopsis as opposed to listening to this guy for an hour?

Allopathic medicine is an expression commonly used by homeopaths, which is total bunk, is that his angle? And he mentioned vaccinations a lot, is he promoting anti vaxxing?

Hoping I am wrong here. 

That was some great info Yam. Made for a interesting ride to work. Looking at the declining health of the people in America, who represent around 5% of the worlds population, yet consume around 90% of all pharmaceutical drugs, and have the worlds most aggressive vaccine program, I personally think what he said is really self evident.

No you are not wrong psyche. That is in part what this is about. Where you are wrong is thinking that we can claim vaccinations, especially in the aggressive manor in which American children receive them, are safe. With not one long term study. Without one independent study, (accept the ones that prove they can be and are harmful) we are taking the words of giant drug companies who make a fortune and are unconstitutionally protected by government. These companies are the ones who pay for and conduct these studies. They are not in anyway held responsible for damages vaccines cause. Heck they go so far as to make secret vaccinations courts, where somehow the tax payers, NOT the drug companies pay for damage. IF you can get a lawyer brave enough to take up said cases. Yet somehow so many have complete faith. Even as all kinds of childhood diseases are skyrocketing, in perfect balance with the ever higher demand for more and more vaccines. 

If this were any other situation, with thousands and thousands of the same stories, where a perfectly healthy kid receives a cocktail of several vaccines, and within seconds to a couple days later are dramatically negatively changed. People would be shouting from the roof tops to stop this madness. Instead those parents who dare question, are vilified. Those are the extreme cases. There are tons of others where kids are unnecessarily damaged in less dramatic ways.

Reminds me of the poor doctors that dared think outside the box, and were curing all types of cancer through non traditional means. Same doctors who had their offices over turned, threatened and intimidated, put in prison, and even killed. Standing in the way of Big Pharma Giants, who have bought off government officials to make laws in direct violation of the 7th amendment, is dangerous business.

You know its really bad when lobbyist somehow had government make B17, and damn vitamin, illegal, cause of its ability to cure certain types of cancer. 

Within a couple years here in the states, even adults will be expected to receive a cocktail of vaccinations. Id imagine even the flu shot will be mandatory. Well they can kiss my ***, cause they will never stick me or my boys with another vaccine.  

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That was some great info Yam. Made for a interesting ride to work. Looking at the declining health of the people in America, who represent around 5% of the worlds population, yet consume around 90% of all pharmaceutical drugs, and have the worlds most aggressive vaccine program, I personally think what he said is really self evident.

That fact alone is a really big deal.   How lopsided does it have to get before Americans start questioning it?   I think we're way over the line that we can safely start to inquire about our health without drowning in the religion of conventional healthcare, namely that of symptoms-management.   Or fear-based medicine which I think is more broadly defined as "emotions-based medicine" because it's not just fear of whatever health-scare they're marketing next, it's also loyalty to the doctor.  People trust their doctor and fear the disease. 

With Alzheimers Dementia set to triple by 2050 in this country, and then we're told it's "genetics", well...genes sure change fast these days don't they?    Fear and BS, very little to no knowledge shared on prevention, cause or cure.

I think just like it's not only the politicians' fault it's the peoples', it's not just the doctors' fault, it's the patients'.   Patients have been made to expect that we can see the guy in the white coat and get a chemical for what ails us, go back to our lives and take that bullet and there's no other fuss or effort required.   We go back to the same old daily grind we came from with no interruptions, little or no helpful advice given to solve the underlying problems.  This expectation in turn puts additional pressure on doctors not to diverge from conventional health care treatments.  They have a practice to run, they don't want to lose patients by p***ing people off.   If they're not writing the scripts, most people will go find someone who is. 

But we're going to see more and more as time goes on that doctors, including "real" doctors, aren't going to focus on their patients' convenience as much as they're going to focus on their patients' responsibility.  Which is going to upset a lot of people who just want the drugs.   Patients who stop abdicating their authority over their own health because "I'm not a doctor." will reap the dividends.   People who want a chemical every time they come up with another health problem will refuse the new science and continue the religion along with the dying breed of health care professionals like insurance agents, pharmacists and MD doctors.

Society itself is stacked against enlightenment.  People have jobs and they have to show up for work the next day.  Clocks and calendars require everyone to be at certain places at certain times, with huge consequences for their lives if they don't.   I get it.  That's a big motivation not to subscribe to any of this.   These constraints aren't conducive to health and recovery in many cases.   A majority of people probably aren't going to want to hear this.   They'd rather have faith in conventional health care and get on with their lives with as little inconvenience to their lifestyles as possible.   But hopefully a few of us will get enlightened before our time and jump ahead of the curve and help ourselves and others while we're still here.   Like these folks who recently gathered from around the world:

"The cause is the cure."   That might not make sense at first, but it's the simplest way I've heard yet to teach people what "the cure" for cancer really is.  

It's becoming clear that symptom-management is the wrong approach.  Symptoms aren't to be fought against.  They're signs that should be respected and acknowledged and worked with, not bombed and killed and deadened.   Modern medicine is analogous to putting black tape over the Check Engine light on the dashboard and ignoring what's causing the light to come on.   Or turning the Battle of Britain radars off every time the Germans were coming with another bombing raid.   Now that those damned radars aren't blaring in my ear, I feel better now.  Thanks, Doc!   If we don't go deep enough to address what's causing our symptoms in the first place, then we can settle for junk medicine where all we do is take a drug to block a receptor site, cover it up and leave it at that.   Doctors are compensating for their own ignorance (a lack of knowledge) by blaming people and things other than themselves.  The patient is defective.  Bad genes.  Bum ticker.  Runs in the family.  The drug has umpteen "side" effects printed right on the paperwork, so it's obviously the patient's fault for not reading what the risks are before swallowing.

I've been meaning to ask you preacherman, how's your new water filter going?  

• Like 2

With Americans in particular, a holistic approach to good health is about far more than their rampant drug use, it's also about the epidemic of obesity beyond the pale when compared to other countries.   This correlation is no accident unless we're to think that being overweight is conducive to or unimportant for good health.   It's more likely that the reason we "need" more drugs in conventional health care is because we are so fat.   If a good doctor was so bold (so bad a businessperson) as to tell their patients to lose some weight and they run out of there never more insulted in their lives, but that doesn't happen because doctors aren't in practice to lose customers, they're in practice to prescribe chemicals, to do what it is that they're trained to do.  Their patients' poor perceptions of health are more important than preserving and maintaining good health itself.

Let's go deeper than almost all the "real" doctors and figure it out then.  Why are we so fat?   Is it just that the "Food Pyramid" we're still taught is the key to a good diet would be better off if it was flipped upside down?  Nope, it's a lot more than that.  The conventional wisdom of "eat four to six small meals throughout the day" or otherwise "your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism plummets" along with "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is also some of the worst advice ever given that people can follow.  

So let's set this misinformation straight, program our intelligent bodies to work for us and not against us, and we'll help protect ourselves from the nightmare epidemic of brain damage for our trouble.

Myths. Busted.

Newer practices in the quest for health and wellness like intermittent fasting aren't for everyone, particularly those in poor health.   When we're already half drowned in physical, chemical and emotional toxicity and barely getting through the day as it is, rocking the boat with massive dietary changes can be dangerous.  IF is for healthy people willing to consider new information to take their health to another level.  It's highly unlikely to be an overnight change that all but the most disciplined can commit to.  The principle here is that there is no universal diet that's perfect or ideal for everyone.   For example, Americans get more antioxidants from coffee than any other source.  This doesn't mean a person with anxiety, or with their nervous system locked into chronic fight-or-flight, or with adrenal fatigue, or insomnia, or a smoker that needs a cigarette while drinking coffee, et al and etc., should be drinking six cups of coffee a day.   If for whatever the reason, coffee is your major source of antioxidants and the caffeine doesn't bother you, abandoning or severely limiting your greatest source of antioxidants from your diet wouldn't be a good idea.  Replacing the crappy coffee from Walmart with organic coffee from Trader Joe's still would.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well, I obviously disagree, and I am in decent shape I reckon. 

No you are not wrong psyche.

Dam!

Homeopathy is outright bunk - do you know the incredibly silly theory behind the "cure"? It is just water!!! When they do claim to add something to it, no molecules of the original material are likely to remain. Utter nonsense from any view!

That is in part what this is about. Where you are wrong is thinking that we can claim vaccinations, especially in the aggressive manor in which American children receive them, are safe. With not one long term study. Without one independent study, (accept the ones that prove they can be and are harmful) we are taking the words of giant drug companies who make a fortune and are unconstitutionally protected by government. These companies are the ones who pay for and conduct these studies. They are not in anyway held responsible for damages vaccines cause. Heck they go so far as to make secret vaccinations courts, where somehow the tax payers, NOT the drug companies pay for damage. IF you can get a lawyer brave enough to take up said cases. Yet somehow so many have complete faith. Even as all kinds of childhood diseases are skyrocketing, in perfect balance with the ever higher demand for more and more vaccines. 

Ohh come on now. Do you know the history and methods used to extract vaccinations?

Hint - it has a lot to do with not wanting to inject such yucky stuff into what seems a perfect infant.

Just how much do you know about the vaccinations themselves, compared to the statistics used to represent them? 

If this were any other situation, with thousands and thousands of the same stories, where a perfectly healthy kid receives a cocktail of several vaccines, and within seconds to a couple days later are dramatically negatively changed. People would be shouting from the roof tops to stop this madness. Instead those parents who dare question, are vilified. Those are the extreme cases. There are tons of others where kids are unnecessarily damaged in less dramatic ways.

No, same happens here, or we would know about those parents. 

Those uninformed parents who put two and two together and come up with 67 are the real problem. And quite honestly, I suspect that is the case here, it has all the markings. 

Reminds me of the poor doctors that dared think outside the box, and were curing all types of cancer through non traditional means. Same doctors who had their offices over turned, threatened and intimidated, put in prison, and even killed. Standing in the way of Big Pharma Giants, who have bought off government officials to make laws in direct violation of the 7th amendment, is dangerous business.

Ohh yeah - poor poor Doctors.

My Mother in law had an aneurysm on her spine at the base of her neck. Very integrated, almost impossible to remove without turning her into a vegetable.

One Doctor could do it in Sydney, a leading surgeon in this field.

We contacted him, he said call me back when you have $100,000.00

She died. Because we could not raise $100,000.00 in time.

I do not believe words, I believe results, I believe sounds and tested procedures Some doctors are good, some make a difference, some are not. That is same same everywhere and everyplace.

I do a lot of work for a top level Pharmaceutical Company at times on expansion contracts, I do not know of too many such dedicated groups striving for new discovery They invented a cream that actually and effectively kills sun cancer from a mere local weed. Just brilliant.  They are making the world a better place. And one fellow who works next door to me tried it, it works and well. 

You know its really bad when lobbyist somehow had government make B17, and damn vitamin, illegal, cause of its ability to cure certain types of cancer. 

Apricot seeds?

Oh geez.

Apricots are not hard to come bay, and processing Laetrile is hardly rocket science. 

So why aren't cancer patients making their own Laetrile and beating cancer every day despite the ban? 

Do you actually know the history of Laetrile going back to Amygdalin?

Within a couple years here in the states, even adults will be expected to receive a cocktail of vaccinations. Id imagine even the flu shot will be mandatory. Well they can kiss my ***, cause they will never stick me or my boys with another vaccine.  

Then I hope you are responsible and do not frequent public places or send your kids to public schools. If it is not illegal to send unvaccinated kids to school there, it should be. You do not have the right to put others at risk for your personal belief system.

I have had flu shots in the past, do not need them so much now as I live a pretty healthy lifestyle, head to the gym at least three times a week and maintain a decent diet. Yet I managed to remain alive somehow! And in pretty good shape at that if I do say so myself! I never thought I would be lifting over a hundred kilos at fifty I'll give you the tip!! 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Yamato said:

Society itself is stacked against enlightenment. 

Oh good lord.

• Like 1

Not saying its the be all and end all to everything but fasting ... I recommend ... a bit of keeping over indulgence in check is a good thing ... nothing too severe or extreme but a bit of it now and then does wonders and helps keep the body and mind ...

~

• Like 2

Moderation in all third eye?

Definitely the key I reckon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

My Mother in law had an aneurysm on her spine at the base of her neck. Very integrated, almost impossible to remove without turning her into a vegetable.

One Doctor could do it in Sydney, a leading surgeon in this field.

We contacted him, he said call me back when you have $100,000.00

She died. Because we could not raise $100,000.00 in time.

Not the first time I have heard a story like that. Many of these people exploit their little monopoly by even refusing to see uninsured patients, despite bank statements indicating they can afford to pay. One such patient was told complications may result in the bill being higher than they had the cash to fund, so ta-ta !

9 hours ago, Yamato said:

With Americans in particular, a holistic approach to good health is about far more than their rampant drug use, it's also about the epidemic of obesity beyond the pale when compared to other countries.   This correlation is no accident unless we're to think that being overweight is conducive to or unimportant for good health.   It's more likely that the reason we "need" more drugs in conventional health care is because we are so fat.   If a good doctor was so bold (so bad a businessperson) as to tell their patients to lose some weight and they run out of there never more insulted in their lives, but that doesn't happen because doctors aren't in practice to lose customers, they're in practice to prescribe chemicals, to do what it is that they're trained to do.  Their patients' poor perceptions of health are more important than preserving and maintaining good health itself.

Let's go deeper than almost all the "real" doctors and figure it out then.  Why are we so fat?   Is it just that the "Food Pyramid" we're still taught is the key to a good diet would be better off if it was flipped upside down?  Nope, it's a lot more than that.  The conventional wisdom of "eat four to six small meals throughout the day" or otherwise "your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism plummets" along with "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is also some of the worst advice ever given that people can follow.  

So let's set this misinformation straight, program our intelligent bodies to work for us and not against us, and we'll help protect ourselves from the nightmare epidemic of brain damage for our trouble.

Myths. Busted.

Newer practices in the quest for health and wellness like intermittent fasting aren't for everyone, particularly those in poor health.   When we're already half drowned in physical, chemical and emotional toxicity and barely getting through the day as it is, rocking the boat with massive dietary changes can be dangerous.  IF is for healthy people willing to consider new information to take their health to another level.  It's highly unlikely to be an overnight change that all but the most disciplined can commit to.  The principle here is that there is no universal diet that's perfect or ideal for everyone.   For example, Americans get more antioxidants from coffee than any other source.  This doesn't mean a person with anxiety, or with their nervous system locked into chronic fight-or-flight, or with adrenal fatigue, or insomnia, or a smoker that needs a cigarette while drinking coffee, et al and etc., should be drinking six cups of coffee a day.   If for whatever the reason, coffee is your major source of antioxidants and the caffeine doesn't bother you, abandoning or severely limiting your greatest source of antioxidants from your diet wouldn't be a good idea.  Replacing the crappy coffee from Walmart with organic coffee from Trader Joe's still would.

This is interesting. I was close to doing this anyway with my eating habits. After watching that I'm gonna fine tune the way I've been eating. Where I go wrong is eating after 7 pm. I'm very interested in what will happen if make some small adjustments. Thanks for the info. 

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

Not saying its the be all and end all to everything but fasting ... I recommend ... a bit of keeping over indulgence in check is a good thing ... nothing too severe or extreme but a bit of it now and then does wonders and helps keep the body and mind ...

~

I think you're right.  A little fasting >> no fasting at all.  I don't IF five days a week like Dr. Mike but a few days every few weeks, 16 hours straight with bulletproof coffee exactly as prescribed.   IF has re-trained my gut to have healthy signals now.  It used to be chronically uncomfortable when empty and even worse after I ate.  Now it feels uncomfortable when empty for too long and satiated after I eat.  It's almost like the signals have flip flopped.  My appetite has adjusted so that I don't crave that much food anymore.  A little fuel goes a long way.   I'm headed toward my upper 30s and I now weigh the same as I did when I was 19 years old.  

I can't remember the name of the scientist or nutritionist (a Russian or E. European name) who said something to the effect of "I learned too much about food, so I stopped eating." but he's way up there in his '60s and his body looks like a ripped lean 21 year old.

Fitness the way nature intended takes some reprogramming from all the nonsense beliefs American society has conveniently spilled into our collective conscience, and working together with the amazing systems we've got instead of banging our heads against the wall fighting against them.  Conventional health care has turned some of our best friends into our worst enemies, on permanent war-footings against the dumbest of targets.  Take a look at US govt policy and it's amazing how the exact same patterns emerge.  I feel bad for the millions of obese American people who go to the gym, get frustrated, quit going, and abandon their new years resolutions again.  That insane cycle of doing the same thing over and over again and the false hopes of expecting it not to happen again... keeps the junk food companies and the more-drug companies in business.  

But good for business doesn't mean Good.

• Like 1

Here's the complementary video to the Intermittent Fasting video, if people really want to take it to the next level.  Learning how to eat is good enough on its own.  Learning how to exercise too takes fitness into the stratosphere.

• Like 1

I'm going to be honest I didn't watch the video but I know what intermittent fasting is already. Looked into it before. 

It will help you loose weight. Its not really healthy though.

Intermittent fasting is basically what anorexics do. Just like with them it feels good when you fast because it gives you an adrenerline boost and then you see you lost weight so you feel pretty good tricking you.

Your body needs to eat when hungry. It was designed to tell us hunger for a reason.

When your body does not take in enough calories and you feel that hunger feeling first it eats the fat, then the bones then the organs and lastly the brain. You feel full after feeling hunger for a while because you body decides to fill up on you.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yamato said:

I think you're right.  A little fasting >> no fasting at all.  I don't IF five days a week like Dr. Mike but a few days every few weeks, 16 hours straight with bulletproof coffee exactly as prescribed.   IF has re-trained my gut to have healthy signals now.  It used to be chronically uncomfortable when empty and even worse after I ate.  Now it feels uncomfortable when empty for too long and satiated after I eat.  It's almost like the signals have flip flopped.  My appetite has adjusted so that I don't crave that much food anymore.  A little fuel goes a long way.   I'm headed toward my upper 30s and I now weigh the same as I did when I was 19 years old.  

I don't follow any strict regiment or religious time table ... like you say, its more like the body giving me the signs, never really thought about it but a fair guess would be about 30 to 40 days a year, though I do go along with the Muslims on Ramadan for a few days while they do their full month.

Usually I have a simple breakfast and then its just water all day till sundown ... no booze no coffee no tea no tobacco ... then a hearty dinner, I wont go so far as to claim anything than it makes me feel better and I digest my food better all year round, it depends on what and how I eat the rest of the year, I'm not a big eater and I don't binge, no matter how much I like or love the food I take my bites and I'm done ~

Sometimes I do the fiber and fruit diet for a day ... nothing but greens and fruits the whole a day ... I dunno ... it just feels right ...

I sure as heck wont add to my stress about counting calories and making notes about what I've been eating or not ... I just go with what I feels like having ... happy go lucky

Won't say I'm physically tip top but for a fella who is tip toeing into my fifties sometimes people I meet insists that I'm just inching into my forties , and for a guy with a greying beard and facial hair that's not to shabby I guess ... :lol:

~

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm going to be honest I didn't watch the video but I know what intermittent fasting is already. Looked into it before. 

It will help you loose weight. Its not really healthy though.

Intermittent fasting is basically what anorexics do. Just like with them it feels good when you fast because it gives you an adrenerline boost and then you see you lost weight so you feel pretty good tricking you.

Your body needs to eat when hungry. It was designed to tell us hunger for a reason.

When your body does not take in enough calories and you feel that hunger feeling first it eats the fat, then the bones then the organs and lastly the brain. You feel full after feeling hunger for a while because you body decides to fill up on you.

You didn't watch the video but when you do you'll realize there is no calorie deprivation here at all.  It has nothing to do with depriving your body of calories, it's everything to do with narrowing your eating window.   How it's not healthy...how's that?

• Like 2

It's also incorrect to say that when you feel hungry, you need to eat.   Obese people feel hungry too.  At the same time, they have fat stores available till the cows come home but they never allow their bodies to utilize it. 

Which leads to another prevalent dietary myth circulating around these days that isn't helping, that our brains "need sugar in order to function."  About 97% of our brains don't need any sugar at all.

On 10/27/2016 at 9:10 AM, preacherman76 said:

18 hours ago, Yamato said:

That fact alone is a really big deal.   How lopsided does it have to get before Americans start questioning it?

Meanwhile, in the world where people aren't trying to sell you something:

People are Living Longer and Healthier, Harvard Researcher Says

50 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I don't follow any strict regiment or religious time table ... like you say, its more like the body giving me the signs, never really thought about it but a fair guess would be about 30 to 40 days a year, though I do go along with the Muslims on Ramadan for a few days while they do their full month.

Usually I have a simple breakfast and then its just water all day till sundown ... no booze no coffee no tea no tobacco ... then a hearty dinner, I wont go so far as to claim anything than it makes me feel better and I digest my food better all year round, it depends on what and how I eat the rest of the year, I'm not a big eater and I don't binge, no matter how much I like or love the food I take my bites and I'm done ~

Sometimes I do the fiber and fruit diet for a day ... nothing but greens and fruits the whole a day ... I dunno ... it just feels right ...

I sure as heck wont add to my stress about counting calories and making notes about what I've been eating or not ... I just go with what I feels like having ... happy go lucky

Won't say I'm physically tip top but for a fella who is tip toeing into my fifties sometimes people I meet insists that I'm just inching into my forties , and for a guy with a greying beard and facial hair that's not to shabby I guess ... :lol:

~

Not too shabby third_eye.  I've always skipped breakfast but while doing so I've always believed that it was unhealthy to do so, long before I knew about intermittent fasting. 

Thanks to the same propaganda mill of disinformation that preaches that processed wheat products covered in sugar and served with the antibiotic-hormone milk is "an important part of a balanced breakfast." 

I never eat garbage anymore unless it's absolutely delicious.   I've lost my appetite for it, for whatever the reasons.  Whoever it was who penned the quote: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." knew what they were talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aquatus1 said:

Meanwhile, in the world where people aren't trying to sell you something:

People are Living Longer and Healthier, Harvard Researcher Says

What does that have to do with the quote you just replied to?   Either you're taking the position that 5% of the world's population should take 90% of the world's drugs, or that everyone else in the world should take as many drugs as Americans?  

Who's got something to sell here, really?   How many hundreds of billions of dollars do drug companies have to make before "trying to sell you something" applies to them?

• Like 1

Just now, Yamato said:

What does that have to do with the quote you just replied to?

It is a type of counter argument where you blend both an emphasis on the lack of validity of a given argument with a reputable linked source of data which argues the opposite of what was initially referred to.  In this case, it highlights the blatant exaggeration of insinuating there is "declining health" and linking it to pharmaceutical and vaccines, avoiding defining any particular term in anything other than the vaguest terms, while simultaneously throwing percentage numbers to create a false sense of mathematical probability as opposed to only the same sort of vagueness.

But you probably already knew that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

It is a type of counter argument where you blend both an emphasis on the lack of validity of a given argument with a reputable linked source of data which argues the opposite of what was initially referred to.  In this case, it highlights the blatant exaggeration of insinuating there is "declining health" and linking it to pharmaceutical and vaccines, avoiding defining any particular term in anything other than the vaguest terms, while simultaneously throwing percentage numbers to create a false sense of mathematical probability as opposed to only the same sort of vagueness.

But you probably already knew that.

Yes in fact if you read your own source, you'd find that it confers with what I'm saying. 

In conclusion:

"In many cases, the best investments for improving population health would likely be public health programs and multisectoral action to address risks such as physical inactivity, diet, ambient particulate pollution, and alcohol and tobacco consumption."

Those are not drug-doctor solutions btw, which confers with what we're discussing here.   So you've posted an article which reached the same conclusions you and I should be reaching together already based on what's already been discussed here.   But I've got something to sell I guess?   Are you kidding?

The fact that Staff Writer chose a title like "People are Living Longer and Healthier, Harvard Researcher Says" in an article presenting that many facts with that many sources including that many researchers is what it is.  But there's also a tremendous financial interest in using drugs.  Don't think for one minute that "pharmaceutical" companies (formerly known as chemical companies) aren't making a fortune.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Imagine if we didn't calorie-deprive, but got almost all our calories from healthy food!    I wonder if unhealthy people would get healthier doing that?   It's something that also speaks to how society prevents enlightenment.   From the time constraints imposed by the daily grind of contemporary lifestyles, it's a lot easier to pick up a calorie-dense piece of fried chicken and wolf it down in time to get back to work on time.