Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Dragon" sighting

mythological_explorer

So people are going crazy over this new "Dragon" sighting footage thats emerged, which consisted of this so called mythological creature flying over some mountains in china.  Naturally I call bs on it,  the thing has two legs,  clearly it's a Wyvern B) but anyways what do you guys think? 

Here's the link to the full story below

http://www.viralthread.com/mysterious-dragon-filmed-flying-mountains-everyone-freaked/3/

• Like 1

It's completely fake. You probably should include that in your OP, not just 'I call bs on it'.

• Like 3

Full and unedited ...

~

~

~

What do you think ?

:lol:

~

I must say I am impressed with the whole set up ...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

It's completely fake. You probably should include that in your OP, not just 'I call bs on it'.

"I call bs on it, the thing has two legs, it's clearly a wyvern" you are familiar with a concept called a joke right?

besides the whole point of my post was to ask people's opinions on the whole thing not to flat out debunk it.

21 minutes ago, mythological_explorer said:

the whole point of my post was to ask people's opinions on the whole thing

Joke yeah. But what other opinion do you think people will have?

Better title would read 'Another fake dragon video, looks kinda cool'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Joke yeah. But what other opinion do you think people will have?

Better title would read 'Another fake dragon video, looks kinda cool'.

I had air quotes over the word "dragon" which implies a skeptical approach to the whole thing. That being said, how I chose to title my post is my choice not yours lol so unless you have something constructive to comment that doesn't consist of picking apart how ive presented this topic, then id kindly request that you just move along :)

Edited by mythological_explorer
typo
  • Like 4

Nothing more than a weather balloon, that went through some bad weather.

• Like 2

Its actually drake, *turns on radio* ''hotline bling, that can only mean........''

Edited by MissJatti
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mythological_explorer said:

Naturally I call bs on it,

I call it quite entertaining, bs has to be attributed to the idiots who believe it.

Just like Walt Disney was out to entertain us....only an idiot would believe Donald duck (one example)  was real.

2b05951a3555f045ac706f0a96564d51.jpg

• Like 2

Are we going to ignore the real mystery here? Why does the commentator in the second video say "dray-gon" instead of "dragon"? What is this guy's problem?!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Podo said:

Are we going to ignore the real mystery here? Why does the commentator in the second video say "dray-gon" instead of "dragon"? What is this guy's problem?!

IMG_0745.JPG

One thing I'm getting tired of seeing on these boards are often the same people that demand detailed proof for the reality of something will usually be the same people who think offering up the word "FAKE" is sufficient when arguing the other side.  If you are going to dismiss this as fake I'd be interested in just how you arrived at that conclusion.  If you can't do that then you have to realize that your statement of fake carries as much weight as someone who just automatically believes.

I personally don't think this is a video of a living creature because the wyvern itself seems to have different contrast levels than the rest of the surrounding landscape both in the foreground and the background so I believe a CGI model was animated and placed on a video of the landscape which was filmed for the purpose of adding the model which is why they panned the camera the way they did.

That said I must say well done to the hoaxer who spent the time creating this :tu:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

If you are going to dismiss this as fake I'd be interested in just how you arrived at that conclusion. 

Dragons aren't real therefore this is fake.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

One thing I'm getting tired of seeing on these boards are often the same people that demand detailed proof for the reality of something will usually be the same people who think offering up the word "FAKE" is sufficient when arguing the other side.

IF all there is, is a video of that sorta quality and NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZERO provenance or proper information, then I think that's a perfectly sensible way for me and those others of like mind to NOT waste my time further.  And you can generalise all you like and think it is the wrong approach (while at the very same time agreeing with us 'same people'...?)

Yup, makes perfect sense..:blink:

I think it's a ropen. Only thing is it doesn't glow, but perhaps that's because it's in daylight. In fact, maybe the ropen was once much more widespread, before pollution and airplanes drove it into more secluded areas like PNG, perhaps even in Europe, and that's why people thought dragons breathed fire, because they glowed in the dark. 

Edit: I think they glow in the dark to help them hunt moths. 

Edited by oldrover

33 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

IF all there is, is a video of that sorta quality and NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZERO provenance or proper information, then I think that's a perfectly sensible way for me and those others of like mind to NOT waste my time further.  And you can generalise all you like and think it is the wrong approach (while at the very same time agreeing with us 'same people'...?)

Yup, makes perfect sense..:blink:

Yeah I gave the reason that I concluded this video was not of an actual creature which separates me from the 'same people'.  People who just come on and say "fake" aren't participating in a conversation they're just typing to see their own meaningless words which is a form of m********ion.

Ah, so it's those other people.. got it.  :D 

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

I personally don't think this is a video of a living creature because the wyvern itself seems to have different contrast levels than the rest of the surrounding landscape both in the foreground and the background so I believe a CGI model was animated and placed on a video of the landscape which was filmed for the purpose of adding the model which is why they panned the camera the way they did.

I think that "it's fake because dragons aren't real" is a much better reason to dismiss this than "it's fake because the contrast levels don't seem right".  

I don't think cases like this really need any justification for dismissal as not being real.  I mean, it's a freakin' video of a dragon.  The appropriate response is to laugh, roll your eyes and move on, not to play the "this is fake, I can tell because of the pixels" game.

I mean I can see what you are saying....

just when people reply with only fake, just ask them to kindly elaborate why they think so. 

In all fairness a lot of the more experienced users usually have the courtesy to explain, or will explain when asked.

to me personally the video just has this whole CGI feel to it, therefore I don't think it's real.

P.s i apologize I ment to quote oversword.

Edited by Shouldthisexist
Didn't quote

39 minutes ago, JesseCuster said:

I think that "it's fake because dragons aren't real" is a much better reason to dismiss this than "it's fake because the contrast levels don't seem right".  

I don't think cases like this really need any justification for dismissal as not being real.  I mean, it's a freakin' video of a dragon.  The appropriate response is to laugh, roll your eyes and move on, not to play the "this is fake, I can tell because of the pixels" game.

As you'll note in my original post I'm not just referencing this video I'm addressing people who do this all the time.  You gave a reason so what are you b****ing about?

Edited by OverSword

17 hours ago, mythological_explorer said:

I had air quotes over the word "dragon" which implies a skeptical approach to the whole thing. That being said, how I chose to title my post is my choice not yours lol so unless you have something constructive to comment that doesn't consist of picking apart how ive presented this topic, then id kindly request that you just move along :)

As a bare minimum, it would be nice for you to respond to the people here who have taken time to reply. :)

Edited by Timonthy
Do I really have to add a smiley face on the end?