Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Dreams Come True!

Harshdeep_Singh

I know some of you have already heard of this thing from many but I assure you that my case is actually true. You see, it happens many a times that when I sleep, I have some dreams. Those dreams are not weird - simple dreams like I'm playing football in the ground with my friends in school, or talking to my mother while helping her in kitchen, etc. As usual, when I wake up, I usually forget about them. However, after some days (or weeks), I encounter the exactly same situation as had happened in my dreams, and I recall all of it at that moment.  When I mean "exactly", I mean really EXACTLY - I can actually tell that what person will do what next or say what next at that moment. One time, I had a dream that I am sitting with my friends in the garden and we are telling each other some jokes and laughing. Then after some days, one of my friend invited me and my other friends at his home. We went there and sat in the garden itself . At that moment, I remembered that dream I had days ago. Before anyone said anything, I knew what joke he was going to tell or what he was going to do, and it happened exactly as I remembered! I told them about this thing but they just laughed it out and ignored. I don't know what this it - am I something special or does it happen with others too? Please share your thoughts on this and stories too if you have some similar ones...

Edited by Harshdeep_Singh
  • Like 2

Hello and welcome to UM

I too have had dreams, that happens in reality days later. 

But its bad luck with me, because, one time, I had a dream of a car accident, which really happened days later. Another one was an Incident at work.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Hello and welcome to UM

I too have had dreams, that happens in reality days later. 

But its bad luck with me, because, one time, I had a dream of a car accident, which really happened days later. Another one was an Incident at work.

Thanks MissJatti... It is really unfortunate that the accident happened with you... I hope you and I don't have such bad dreams in future... BTW, What are reality days?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harshdeep_Singh said:

Thanks MissJatti... It is really unfortunate that the accident happened with you... I hope you and I don't have such bad dreams in future... BTW, What are reality days?

Yeah, what are reality days? Great!

Commas were born for a purpose.

• Like 3

Hello! I too get that kind of dreams. I have to say this: I messed up, following some advices they gave me... so think twice before you take any advice on the internet. 

Secondly, it's a bless, I believe, if you know how to use it right. my friends believed me when I started telling them dreams I had, and days later they came true. so I think you need to start remembering your dreams. (The advice I'm gonna give you, has nothing to do with dreaming)

something that helps me remember my dream is, when I wake up, I don't open my eyes. This actually helps. Also I always have a dreaming diary next to me. It is easier to remember a dream, if you write it down in present simple , not in past continuous. 

Edited by Kyuubi

10 hours ago, Harshdeep_Singh said:

am I something special or [...] ?

I believe everyone uniquely gifted by God and that, from my experience, is well to keep in mind.

0:-) MGby.

That is great that your dreams come true with such frequency and that you enjoy the experience.

Since we're on the subject of dreams I would like to mention that two mornings ago I experienced the most amazing dream. It was so affecting that I dare say it was borderline mythological and profound and it left me ever since in this state of aftershock and quietude. I don't talk about what the dream was about but I thought I would mention it.

Edited by Zalmoxis

35 minutes ago, Zalmoxis said:

I don't talk about what the dream was about but I thought I would mention it.

tumblr_m08wj2FHQb1rqr624o1_400.gif

• Like 2

It would be super helpful if you guys started accurately documenting your dreams before the fact. Otherwise it's just the normal story with anything paranormal; all claims and no proof since the beginning of human history.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

It would be super helpful if you guys started accurately documenting your dreams before the fact. Otherwise it's just the normal story with anything paranormal; all claims and no proof since the beginning of human history.

So, given that synopsis, which incidentally I agree with, if you mean hard, transmissable evidence, it looks like a slam dunk  for the sceptics. A whitewash. A  settled argument. But, strangely enough, the sceptics still come to debate it. Do you know why ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

So, given that synopsis, which incidentally I agree with, if you mean hard, transmissable evidence, it looks like a slam dunk  for the sceptics. A whitewash. A  settled argument. But, strangely enough, the sceptics still come to debate it. Do you know why ?

Sometimes to show they're right. Sometimes to teach sensibility,  sometimes because they secretly hope the poster was genuine. And last but not least because people who refuse to post evidence just become easy targets.... Any think of other reasons?

I'd suggest that, subconsciously, they know it ain't a settled matter at all. 

20 hours ago, Habitat said:

I'd suggest that, subconsciously, they know it ain't a settled matter at all. 

That's not it. It's that I'd simply love for any of this stuff to be true, and it should be so easy to prove in so many cases.

Reading the believers arguments on UM has made me the skeptic I am today. I had a much more open mind before I joined. I have not seen one piece of solid evidence of anything paranormal/ET on Earth related etc. on here, or anywhere else in history.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

That's not it. It's that I'd simply love for any of this stuff to be true, and it should be so easy to prove in so many cases.

Reading the believers arguments on UM has made me the skeptic I am today. I had a much more open mind before I joined. I have not seen one piece of solid evidence of anything paranormal/ET on Earth related etc. on here, or anywhere else in history.

So you deduced from that, that the matter is settled in the negative ? I suggest that is an unsafe conclusion.

34 minutes ago, Habitat said:

So you deduced from that, that the matter is settled in the negative ? I suggest that is an unsafe conclusion.

Definitely far more likely to be negative. How is that an unsafe conclusion?

Again, there are so many claims which should be so easy to prove, but there has never been any real, solid, repeatable evidence provided.

3 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Definitely far more likely to be negative. How is that an unsafe conclusion?

Again, there are so many claims which should be so easy to prove, but there has never been any real, solid, repeatable evidence provided.

This is the great conundrum, that sets in when you do witness that which cannot be rationalized away.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

This is the great conundrum, that sets in when you do witness that which cannot be rationalized away.

Plenty of rational explanations which the believers choose not to subscribe to on any given day.

• Like 1

Just now, Timonthy said:

Plenty of rational explanations which the believers choose not to subscribe to on any given day.

Oh, no doubt true in many cases. I was never what you'd call a defaulter to "alternate" explanations. But neither prepared to be dismissive. I think it an attitude that will hold anyone in good stead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

Oh, no doubt true in many cases. I was never what you'd call a defaulter to "alternate" explanations. But neither prepared to be dismissive. I think it an attitude that will hold anyone in good stead.

It is a good attitude if you like to sit on top of one of the highest fences in the universe. You must be packing many the oxygen mask!

I want to be wrong, but I really can't see it happening.

The dismal doctrine of materialism is wrong. Manifest love in this world, and you will learn the truth of it. Nothing else can suffice.

• Like 1

There is the story of the man who dreamed he was on a tumbril being taken to execution in revolutionary France, he was laid on the Guillotine, the second the blade hit his neck he woke because part of the four-poster bedding had fallen onto his neck.

The problem is, how did his dream "know" how it would end?

Or was the falling bedding the only action, and the dream was either instantaneous or imaginary?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alibongo said:

There is the story of the man who dreamed he was on a tumbril being taken to execution in revolutionary France, he was laid on the Guillotine, the second the blade hit his neck he woke because part of the four-poster bedding had fallen onto his neck.

Or was the falling bedding the only action, and the dream was either instantaneous or imaginary?

Or, was it all a coincidence?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alibongo said:

This is interesting, inasmuch as I can verify from my own experience, that dreams that seem to last a long time, actually are, or can be, of quite short duration, in "waking time". Bit of a long story as to how I arrived at that conclusion, but it seems to be the case.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Or, was it all a coincidence?

That is the problem, it cannot have been a coincidence. Coincidence side-steps the problem.

So how is the story resolved?