Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

ParaGirlsHauntedDiary

I'm 26 now so in 10 years I'd be 36, guess I can see myself FINALLY in a stable job with a few cats around the house haha!

How about you? And would you change anything that will affect your future positively? 

• Like 5

Well, this one is crystal clear.

Sitting upon a thrown of skulls back-lit by a thousand burning cities while surrounded by a group of semi-human (standing upright on a stage made of cotton candy) kitties playing death metal at a dirge times 3 pace all while a group of bikini clad hard bodied men paint pictures of Roman Legionaries on campaign in Thracia, a giant worm slithering across surface of gaseous giant planets would display open non-co-ope apartments to screaming seahorse renters in a demographically sophisticated neighborhoods and bar bellied hill billies drink raw rye whiskey outta untempered lead jugs as they sing lyrical hysteria ringed by the terrors of a thousand recumbent memories, the type the drips slowly over the boundaries of time slower than bureaucratic molasses interwoven with silken threads of Merlot glory, the taste of peach tree smiles burnt amber in crystal dreams wherein Echo Knights race clean towards unsteady goals, constantly retreating on Martian soils of unrioting masses whose crass smiles sink low on blistered lips salted raw in the cascading layers of fading light......errr, wait....what was the question?

10 years? Hmmmmm. In a dead-end job or dead.

• Like 7

But to put things into perspective at 20 I thought I would be dead at 30 and at 30 I thought I would be dead at 40 and at 40 I think I will be dead at 50 and at 50 I will probably be a wizard because I have escaped death so many decades in a row.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bubblykiss said:

But to put things into perspective at 20 I thought I would be dead at 30 and at 30 I thought I would be dead at 40 and at 40 I think I will be dead at 50 and at 50 I will probably be a wizard because I have escaped death so many decades in a row.

I guess we all feel like we won't live past 30 lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In 10 years I'll be 38 so I'll be married, paying off a house and working nothing too exciting  

In 10 years time, I will be 52. The plan is to have the house, the monaro, and both rentals paid off. Be working part time, and building a holiday home we can enjoy with our children and grandkids. 

I will be 32 in ten years. 

And I have no idea really lol. I am perfectly fine with that.

All I know is I graduate with my bachelor's in spring.

On Friday, November 04, 2016 at 5:35 AM, bubblykiss said:

Well, this one is crystal clear.

Sitting upon a thrown of skulls back-lit by a thousand burning cities while surrounded by a group of semi-human (standing upright on a stage made of cotton candy) kitties playing death metal at a dirge times 3 pace all while a group of bikini clad hard bodied men paint pictures of Roman Legionaries on campaign in Thracia, a giant worm slithering across surface of gaseous giant planets would display open non-co-ope apartments to screaming seahorse renters in a demographically sophisticated neighborhoods and bar bellied hill billies drink raw rye whiskey outta untempered lead jugs as they sing lyrical hysteria ringed by the terrors of a thousand recumbent memories, the type the drips slowly over the boundaries of time slower than bureaucratic molasses interwoven with silken threads of Merlot glory, the taste of peach tree smiles burnt amber in crystal dreams wherein Echo Knights race clean towards unsteady goals, constantly retreating on Martian soils of unrioting masses whose crass smiles sink low on blistered lips salted raw in the cascading layers of fading light......errr, wait....what was the question?

10 years? Hmmmmm. In a dead-end job or dead.

I will never understand how your mind works lol

I will be in my late 50's then and hopefully enjoying a low budget retirement.  I may sell most of my things and put the rest in storage.  Then travel around North America, maybe elsewhere if I have enough money.  After a few months of travel then pick a cheap place to live and settle there. 

I have not ruled out retiring in a foreign country, renting a home but not buying.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:12 AM, ParaGirlsHauntedDiary said:

I'm 26 now so in 10 years I'd be 36, guess I can see myself FINALLY in a stable job with a few cats around the house haha!

How about you? And would you change anything that will affect your future positively? 

I'm 10 years older than you. Stable job? Not quite in a random short-term net, but exceptionally stable monthly or so. I make and sell art and it can be a pain but I do it anyway.

In 10 years, I hope to have an animated series on television and a couple of books in print and my Graveyard Condom comic strip published in every newspaper in America. Will it all happen? Probably not, but it's worth the struggle, even if one thing becomes a reality.

• Like 1

In 10 years I think we will have reached, or have gone past peak oil to the point of a collapse.  That's a big thing Jesus warns about is the oil, but he also said not to worry about these things because they have to happen.  However, I think it's wise to consider the oil dilema, because it seems like it's being swept under the rug, but we all learned in elementary school it is going to happen.  I wonder if they're even still teaching the stuff about renewable and nonrenewable resources in school.  Anyway, I guess that means lights out, and martial law and or civil war.

In ten years time? the way this world is going, in a straight jacket!

or

still on my boat, with my husband and  my dogs, still travelling around the water ways of the UK.

We have what we need, i do not ask for much, just that ten years is on my side.

• Like 2

Im mid 40's i see my self DEAD IN TEN YEARS, to the topic starter ur ginna be 30 before u know it and its all down hill 

Edited by coolguy

I have a relative who swore he'd never get to 40. Turned 80 recently.

Ten years from now I'll be 47.  But beyond that, I don't know much about where I'll be by then with my life because I, for the most part, take one day or even one moment at a time.

Hence, I'm not worried about where I'll be in year 2026.

I'm 72 1/2. Four possibilities: still in good health, a blathering old man suffering from senile dementia, In a nursing home, dead. :)

All these are amusing to look forward to, The last three will be new and interesting experiences. I'm not too worried about them.

I'll be 36. I hope to have competed my Ph. D and be studying old manuscripts or restoring something in a museum or university somewhere in Asia.

I'll be 50. Hopefully still be sucking in air, taking up space and being a pain in someone's backside.

Well in 10 years I'll be 48 and hopefully retired and possibly a grandpa. Maybe living in a different state away from everyone I know, having a new and hopefully peaceful life. And that my wife will still be with me. She's got a long fight ahead of her:( and we both want to move somewhere quiet once it's over.

• Like 1