Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

System uses fusion as fuel

trevor borocz johnson

Scan 2.jpeg

This is an invention that is capable of using fusion. There is 4 billion year supply of fusion fuel on earth. Imagine if all the streets and cars and your stuff was running on hydrogen fuel created by clean fusion fuel. They haven't figured out fusion lasers yet. I would like to take a closer look at the projects they have going on. I'm pretty good with optics. You could build maybe ten or twenty of the cavity's around one loop and have ten or twenty lasers around each cavity.

Edited by trevorjobo

Fusion is certainly a very promising for producing electricity, and laser-induced fusion is one plausible method of getting this to work.

I always like to remind people that fusion is rather easy to do, and has been done for decades. Fusion that also produces energy, however, has so far been rather elusive...

If you want to use lasers, the lasers have to be perfectly focused, and you must use very carefully prepared fuel pellets. Yes, there is enough deuterium and tritium in sea water for 4 billion years of power, but you can't just stick a bucket of sea water under your lasers and expect magic energy output. You need to remove the deuterium/tritium and incorporate it in specially prepared fuel capsule (DT gas, as an analogue of H2 gas, is popular, as is DTO as an analogue of H2O).

You need to produce temperatures in excess of 1 billion degrees to achieve efficient fusion, so you need some very powerful lasers.

The National Ignition Facility uses around 192 lasers producing a pulse of ~500 TW of light. In 2013 they produced more energy from fusion than the light energy that was absorbed by the pellet. This was far less than the total energy of the laser (not to mention energy spent preparing the fuel pellet), so they have not yet developed a commercially viable fusion energy source.

3 hours ago, trevorjobo said:

Scan 2.jpeg

This is an invention that is capable of using fusion. There is 4 billion year supply of fusion fuel on earth. Imagine if all the streets and cars and your stuff was running on hydrogen fuel created by clean fusion fuel. They haven't figured out fusion lasers yet. I would like to take a closer look at the projects they have going on. I'm pretty good with optics. You could build maybe ten or twenty of the cavity's around one loop and have ten or twenty lasers around each cavity.

[Emphasis mine] I am not sure what you mean by the bold part. Fusion isn't used to produce hydrogen fuel.

Hydrogen fuel is produced in many ways, the most popular method is water splitting. Water splitting is quite easy to do; you can do it yourself with a 9-volt battery and suitable electrodes (I think a piece of copper and an anodized piece of stainless steel will work... I am too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure you can find it online). Put a little bit of baking soda in the water to improve conductivity (don't use table salt or you will produce chlorine gas instead of hydrogen), and use a balloon or something over the electrodes to collect the gas (hydrogen at one, oxygen at the other).

Of course hydrogen produced this way is not a very effective car fuel since it would be more efficient to use the 9-volt battery directly in your car.

There are a few problems yet to be solved before hydrogen fuel really takes off:

1. It is possible to generate hydrogen fuel from water by photocatalysis: Put the correct catalytic material in water and let the sun shine on it, and H2 should start bubbling off. Making a cheap, efficient, and stable catalyst for solar-driven water splitting is a major research topic right now.
  2. It is rather difficult to store hydrogen fuel after it is produced. H2 is small enough to seep through solid steel, so making leak-proof hydrogen storage containers is another area of research.
  3. Fuel cells have been used for decades, but they all require platinum-based catalysts - making them relatively expensive. Developing cheaper fuel cell catalysts is another area of research.

If you want to do your own experiments, I suggest looking at generating H2 fuel from water rather than trying to achieve fusion. The basic electrochemical set up is quite cheap: 9V battery, some wires, two pieces of metal (or carbon black) for electrodes, and a bottle of water. Attach a balloon over the lid of the bottle, when the balloon starts to fill up you know your system is working. If you put a match to the filled balloon and it explodes in an impressive fireball, you know you have produced hydrogen (Do not hold me liable if you lose your eyebrows).

The trick is to find a chemical, additive, or other system, to generate H2 without using the battery. If you like lasers you can try laser-assisted H2 generation.

Given the amount of research and $$$ in this area, I think it is unlikely that you will stumble upon a brilliant solution before someone else does.

I  do, however, think it is much more likely for a small-scale, independent research to be successful in this area than in fusion.

Fusion will probably require a lot of high-voltage and high-temperature conditions, and there is a real possibility for accidentally producing dangerous radiation on top of the other danger of electrocution or serious burns. On the other hand, as long as you do your H2 experiments in a well-ventilated area, water splitting experiments are relatively safe.

• Like 6

• 7 months later...

One could also pre cut the land in the shape of the cavity and then blast the piece of land out with an explosive. My experiments show this works, and would be faster then digging.

A lot of people have had the idea to use a vacuum created by explosives to convert the energy into mechanical energy. Huygenus had an idea to create a vacuum in a chamber, then lift weight outside the chamber as the vacuum pulled down. When I filed for a patent the examiner who looks for other similar patents found in 1987 by John Canavalle. He had a vacuum idea and another idea close to mine where an explosive set off in a cannon would clear a room of water at the bottom of a reservoir, he would then seal the room with gates shortly after expelling the water. 

On 11/6/2016 at 7:24 AM, sepulchrave said:

I am not sure what you mean by the bold part. Fusion isn't used to produce hydrogen fuel.

Perhaps the reference is to producing electricity using a fusion reactor, and then via electrolysis produce hydrogen from water, which is then used as fuel for vehicles?

21 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

Perhaps the reference is to producing electricity using a fusion reactor, and then via electrolysis produce hydrogen from water, which is then used as fuel for vehicles?

you would get the fusion fuel you need from hydrolysis. I'm not totally sure the process of then separating out the ions that are nuclear from the hydrogen gas, the idea will be around for a while though I think. Future generations will use this system. It efficiently competes with the Tokomak. I've felt kind of underrated for that for these past 5 1/2 years since I invented it. I never really had a chance to explain it much anywhere but on these forums.

42 minutes ago, trevorhbj said:

you would get the fusion fuel you need from hydrolysis. I'm not totally sure the process of then separating out the ions that are nuclear from the hydrogen gas, the idea will be around for a while though I think. Future generations will use this system. It efficiently competes with the Tokomak. I've felt kind of underrated for that for these past 5 1/2 years since I invented it. I never really had a chance to explain it much anywhere but on these forums.

Have you thought about sending details of your invention to one of the organisations - ITER in France, for example - who are spending billions attempting to build workable fusion generators? Before doing so, send a copy of the information to an attorney, who will date stamp it and keep it in his/her safe. That way you will be able to prove it is your invention, and receive your fair share of the hundreds of billions - perhaps trillions - of dollars that will be earned. That's what I would do.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

Have you thought about sending details of your invention to one of the organisations - ITER in France, for example - who are spending billions attempting to build workable fusion generators? Before doing so, send a copy of the information to an attorney, who will date stamp it and keep it in his/her safe. That way you will be able to prove it is your invention, and receive your fair share of the hundreds of billions - perhaps trillions - of dollars that will be earned. That's what I would do.

true that each use of the cannon could yield millions of dollars in energy, but fusion is no longer something to hope for. As were seeing with the Rhode Island iceberg that's breaking off, the runaway  greenhouse effect is out of control. and ****, have you tried contacting someone high up? I tried for years to contact ANYONE in the government, senators, congressman, NASA, hundreds of people, nothing more then a will take your name and number from some 20 year old intern. I e-mailed numerous green alternative energy investors and organiizations. Very seldom got any response. Would wait months for them to tell me they didn't care. I do have a patent in Canada pending on this. I lost all my patent coverage every where else about three years ago now. 

People need to start preparing by moving to or around the Great Lakes and into Canada where no one has populated yet. Those who do prepare themselves will live in peace. I can see Lake Erie out my window so I'll be alright but overpopulation is dangerous and we need to vote on that now, not an effort to replace oil and coal when there is now available a ten billion year supply of fusion fuel that future generations will use.

The Canadian government should just basically allow people to start living up north and they can grow crops in the summer for now and we can ship their food there.  maybe a world government that allows for all people from every country to join in the migration to Canada like an army you would help build ten houses then you would get a place to stay. oil for transportation and moving of equipment needs to be free for this government. Its immoral not to fear god and prepare yourself with science, the cattle are stirring, the storm is coming.

Edited by trevorhbj

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 2:32 AM, Derek Willis said:

I have a patent and there have been a lot of mystery booms in the past 2 or 3 years, I started talking about it five years ago now.

And say we were to start a new civilization like that on mars but here on earth in Canada, Maybe it definitely could take everything science has made, or maybe it could be based on not worshiping false idols, a camping list of factories needed, work per person for those factories, maybe four months of the year, Buggy's with big wheels that are light and build with my spring engine invention that can get down paths, not so much construction needed. farm land should be most abundant, advanced farming techniques and fishing should be brought, being in the enlightenment will be heaven for those who prepare themselves, paper instead of plastic and start living like advanced civilizations this way.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2016 at 2:24 AM, sepulchrave said:

[Emphasis mine] I am not sure what you mean by the bold part. Fusion isn't used to produce hydrogen fuel.

Hydrogen fuel is produced in many ways, the most popular method is water splitting. Water splitting is quite easy to do; you can do it yourself with a 9-volt battery and suitable electrodes (I think a piece of copper and an anodized piece of stainless steel will work... I am too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure you can find it online). Put a little bit of baking soda in the water to improve conductivity (don't use table salt or you will produce chlorine gas instead of hydrogen), and use a balloon or something over the electrodes to collect the gas (hydrogen at one, oxygen at the other).

Of course hydrogen produced this way is not a very effective car fuel since it would be more efficient to use the 9-volt battery directly in your car.

There are a few problems yet to be solved before hydrogen fuel really takes off:

1. It is possible to generate hydrogen fuel from water by photocatalysis: Put the correct catalytic material in water and let the sun shine on it, and H2 should start bubbling off. Making a cheap, efficient, and stable catalyst for solar-driven water splitting is a major research topic right now.
  2. It is rather difficult to store hydrogen fuel after it is produced. H2 is small enough to seep through solid steel, so making leak-proof hydrogen storage containers is another area of research.
  3. Fuel cells have been used for decades, but they all require platinum-based catalysts - making them relatively expensive. Developing cheaper fuel cell catalysts is another area of research.

If you want to do your own experiments, I suggest looking at generating H2 fuel from water rather than trying to achieve fusion. The basic electrochemical set up is quite cheap: 9V battery, some wires, two pieces of metal (or carbon black) for electrodes, and a bottle of water. Attach a balloon over the lid of the bottle, when the balloon starts to fill up you know your system is working. If you put a match to the filled balloon and it explodes in an impressive fireball, you know you have produced hydrogen (Do not hold me liable if you lose your eyebrows).

The trick is to find a chemical, additive, or other system, to generate H2 without using the battery. If you like lasers you can try laser-assisted H2 generation.

Given the amount of research and $$$ in this area, I think it is unlikely that you will stumble upon a brilliant solution before someone else does.

I  do, however, think it is much more likely for a small-scale, independent research to be successful in this area than in fusion.

Fusion will probably require a lot of high-voltage and high-temperature conditions, and there is a real possibility for accidentally producing dangerous radiation on top of the other danger of electrocution or serious burns. On the other hand, as long as you do your H2 experiments in a well-ventilated area, water splitting experiments are relatively safe.

You do understand that the system in the drawing is to convert fusion fuel into electricity, not hydrogen fuel right?

11 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

You do understand that the system in the drawing is to convert fusion fuel into electricity, not hydrogen fuel right?

No, I did not understand that. I cannot see your drawing, all I can see is the word ``scan2.jpeg''.

My post was in response to what you wrote, and what I quoted you saying: ``Imagine all the streets and cars and your stuff running off hydrogen fuel created by clean fusion fuel''.

5 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

No, I did not understand that. I cannot see your drawing, all I can see is the word ``scan2.jpeg''.

My post was in response to what you wrote, and what I quoted you saying: ``Imagine all the streets and cars and your stuff running off hydrogen fuel created by clean fusion fuel''.

Fine then I will describe the method to you. First you have a cavity in the ground ten times in depth then in width. The bottom 10% of the cavity is lined with steel. A turbine is operated by lowering water weight from the top of the cavity to the bottom. This is done outside of the cavity and the water is then lead into the cavity by conduit. Once water fills the bottom of the cavity, an explosion is set off in the water that sends it up out of the cavity and into a circulating loop situated on the ground next to the cavity. The water now on the surface is then re lowered back down to the bottom of the cavity where it spins a turbine refilling the now empty cavity. Let me know if you can see the picture at this website https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=68118.msg519450#msg519450

You can test this with a soup can buried in the ground, some water, and a bottle rocket or other.

Edited by trevorhbj

5 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

Fine then I will describe the method to you. First you have a cavity in the ground ten times in depth then in width. The bottom 10% of the cavity is lined with steel. A turbine is operated by lowering water weight from the top of the cavity to the bottom. This is done outside of the cavity and the water is then lead into the cavity by conduit. Once water fills the bottom of the cavity, an explosion is set off in the water that sends it up out of the cavity and into a circulating loop situated on the ground next to the cavity. The water now on the surface is then re lowered back down to the bottom of the cavity where it spins a turbine refilling the now empty cavity. Let me know if you can see the picture at this website https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=68118.msg519450#msg519450

You can test this with a soup can buried in the ground, some water, and a bottle rocket or other.

Since you allegedly have a patent on this, your technology is protected and and you can naturally tell us about the material sciences used for the walls of this fusion reactor and why that has been an issue for the rest of the world.

Cheers,
Badeskov

13 hours ago, badeskov said:

Since you allegedly have a patent on this, your technology is protected and and you can naturally tell us about the material sciences used for the walls of this fusion reactor and why that has been an issue for the rest of the world.

Cheers,
Badeskov

I'd guess, definitorated unobtanium would be a solution...

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 4:34 PM, badeskov said:

Cheers,
Badeskov

So? You have the time to answer questions to your (other utter uneducated) ideas. Now want to dig up the courage to answer in this thread? Not that I am very hopeful given what I have seen hitherto. 

Cheers,

badeskov

Edited by badeskov

13 minutes ago, badeskov said:

So? You have the time to answer questions to your (other utter uneducated) ideas. Now want to dig up the courage to answer in this thread? Not that I am very hopeful given what I have seen hitherto. 

Answer what? 

12 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

Answer what? 

What? Can't you read? The question was right there in the post you quoted (it was repeated from an earlier post)! But I will do you a favor and ask you a third time (supposedly three is a charm):

On 8/30/2017 at 4:34 PM, badeskov said:

Cheers,
Badeskov

Bolding mine for emphasis on the pertinent part of the question. 

13 hours ago, badeskov said:

Cheers,

badeskov

Now, do you need any more repetitions? I expect given the patent protection that you claim you can naturally elaborate on this brilliant technology as asked, but if not, I guess this thread is dead as you are just another anonymous poster with wild and unrealistic claims completely ignorant of what you are actually talking about. So what is it going to be?

Cheers,
Badeskov

2 hours ago, badeskov said:

Now, do you need any more repetitions? I expect given the patent protection that you claim you can naturally elaborate on this brilliant technology as asked, but if not, I guess this thread is dead as you are just another anonymous poster with wild and unrealistic claims completely ignorant of what you are actually talking about. So what is it going to be?

I don't know what kind of fusion reactor you're talking about but this is an idea for a power plant, not for using fusion alone. You could use all sorts of reactions to create the explosion. The power plant idea is novel. I'm just saying it can be built to scale that is capable of using larger explosions, something a gunpowder IC engine can't.

1 hour ago, trevorhbj said:

I don't know what kind of fusion reactor you're talking about

This is one such fusion reactor. And here is an image of the inside:

pub_end112-899x600.jpg

but this is an idea for a power plant, not for using fusion alone. You could use all sorts of reactions to create the explosion.

Then why is the title of your thread "System uses fusion as fuel"? And your opening post states:

And then we get to my question: what kind of material would you use for that little gem? One of the largest obstacles for making a fusion reactor is the material used to contain the fusion reaction due to the immense heat. And that is still an issue - it simply doesn't last. So what are you using that thousands of scientists around the world haven't figured out?

The power plant idea is novel. I'm just saying it can be built to scale that is capable of using larger explosions, something a gunpowder IC engine can't.

Please explain how it is novel. Again, you claim to have a patent so you can speak openly about it.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited to add: fusion is not a fuel, it is a process using fuel.

Edited by badeskov

4 minutes ago, badeskov said:

So what are you using that thousands of scientists around the world haven't figured out?

The reaction takes place in a pool of water. The water absorbs most of the energy. Water is highly energy absorbent, they use it to put out fires. The pool of water being very deep and wide converts the energy to weight displacement when the explosive is set off. Steel walls for the container an inch thick I think is appropriate.

5 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

The reaction takes place in a pool of water. The water absorbs most of the energy. Water is highly energy absorbent, they use it to put out fires. The pool of water being very deep and wide converts the energy to weight displacement when the explosive is set off. Steel walls for the container an inch thick I think is appropriate.

Water is the liquid with the highest heat capacity indeed, but it is really bad with respect to compression. So if you set off an explosion inside a water tank, you are gonna get very wet and very disappointed. I think you should go talk to some submarine designers about that particular subject, as that is one they have been dealing with for the last 100 years or more. And you still haven't answered my questions. How do you possibly think you could keep a fusion process going in a pool of water? And especially expect the wall to survive? Again, you allegedly have a patent, so please do share. Or do I need to do a search for this alleged patent myself (I do have the access to do so, so what would I find)? 

Cheers,
Badeskov 

How silly of ITER spend their time building this: https://www.iter.org/

ITER Reactor - Click to enlarge in another window

When they could just dig a hole in the ground instead. :whistle:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

How silly of ITER spend their time building this: https://www.iter.org/

ITER Reactor - Click to enlarge in another window

When they could just dig a hole in the ground instead. :whistle:

One wonders.....:rolleyes:

Cheers,