Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Nostradamus predict Trump's victory ?

UM-Bot

12 hours ago, Dyna said:

Guess that was a fail.Unless...he becomes a dictator instead.

I was about to say something along the lines of "well arent they all?" ........buuuut lets hold off on judging that last sentence for a bit :lol:

Nostradamus was the ultimate cold reading for a world filled with cities, states and regions with varying alliances and intrigue which would impact the man on the ground.

Not that he is a fraud or cold readings are always fake because one can spoil the genuine easily but harder is turning the fake into real.

Nostradamus was a folk prophet and healer in the same vain as others less known but who fulfilled both offices.

He turned petty politics into a good will blessing for ages to come. Look to those who spread news that heals for modern equivalents.

Edited by I hide behind words

• 3 months later...

Century III, Quatrain 81:

The great shameless, audacious bawler,
He will be elected governor of the army:
The boldness of his contention,
The bridge broken, the city faint from fear.

Note that the quatrain doesn't say that the "bawler" (which, by the way, means someone who weeps loudly in public) is shameless or audacious in a bad way, whether he is responsible for the breaking of the bridge or whether he is causing the "city" to be "faint from fear".

I was going to write a long list of possible candidates, but it's pretty pointless since the list of possible, elective officials with military power that could fit that quatrain is astronomically high.

This is extremely vague, like all of Nostradamus' predictions. And, also like all of his predictions can be applied to any number of things and events. They can be very poetic and "spooky" but they aren't telling us the history of the world.

To Demonstrate:

By night will come through the forest of "Reines,"
Two couples roundabout route Queen the white stone,
The monk king in gray in Varennes:
The election causes tempest, fire, blood, slice.

My favorite quatrain. C 9 Q 20.

I say it's about the Marvel Comics event. "Avengers VS X-Men" Two couples: Emma Frost and Cyclops/Storm and Black Panther. The monk king is Cyclops and Black Panther who both became more morally grey characters in recent years. Queen the White Stone is Emma Frost (duh!) and can also fit Storm. The event caused tempest, fire, blood and the X-Men titles were cut down following it. It also ended with Mutantkind and the X-Men electing new leaders. 

See what I mean? Those quatrains can mean anything.

I don't put much stock into Baba Vanga either, but I do like to speculate what the "truly terrible" thing might be we are supposed to encounter during our search for intelligent life.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1

The Nostradamus quatrains are basically POSTdictions rather then PREdictions. Like the book of Revelations in the Bible it ia all phrased in such a nebulous fashion that  mostly what you got out of it is a bunch of wild speculations and then after something happens someone finds a quatrain that sort of lines up with it and "TRA DA see, he predicted it!!" A real prediction is only worthwhile when it tells you about something in the future in a way that allows you to know what is going to happen BEFORE it happens. 

In general I prefer to make my own quatrains and predictions and actually run about as well as Nostradamus did. Generally none of it makes any sense until AFTER something happens and then I look Brilliant!! ;-)