Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly boy in car could be guardian angel

Black Monk

A mother claims her daughter caught the moment a child ghost hitchhiked a ride in their car - and paranormal experts believe it was an accident victim warning her to wear a seatbelt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

few pictures of the mum and daughter and zero pictures of the ghost.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Its right there , the very first picture in the article. 

If we give the mother/daughter duo the benefit of the doubt thats a really creepy picture. 

Id like to see pics of the kid they are claiming died on that stretch of road to compare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

The first picture shows the ghost. The Daily Mail has also helpfully ringed the ghost for those people who wouldn't have been able to see the obvious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

A mother claims her daughter caught the moment a child ghost hitchhiked a ride in their car - and paranormal experts believe it was an accident victim warning her to wear a seatbelt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html

from the article:

A mother claims her daughter caught the moment a child ghost hitchhiked a ride in their car - and paranormal experts believe it was an accident victim warning her to wear a seatbelt.

Melissa Kurtz, 48, was driving her daughter Harper to a beauty pageant when the 13-year-old became bored on the 45-minute journey began taking selfies.

so according to the mother it was the daughter who took the picture. When you look into the mums sunglasses you can clearly see it was the mother who took the selfie.....hmmm not a great start when you cant get that one simple fact right. 

plus the mother was not wearing a belt plus taking the image which says to me she wasn't moving.....

I am sure some direct questioning to the mother would soon expose the problems with her memory of the event

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html#ixzz4Pzwn4HdC 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit to add: IGNORE POST ITS WRONG...the irony of saying 'if you cant get that one simple fact right :(!!!!

Edited by quillius
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, quillius said:

from the article:

so according to the mother it was the daughter who took the picture. When you look into the mums sunglasses you can clearly see it was the mother who took the selfie.....hmmm not a great start when you cant get that one simple fact right. 

plus the mother was not wearing a belt plus taking the image which says to me she wasn't moving.....

I am sure some direct questioning to the mother would soon expose the problems with her memory of the event

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html#ixzz4Pzwn4HdC 

Can you explain your position that  the mother took the selfie? Its the daughter in the picture just the daughter , you can see her hands in the reflection from her sunglasses reached out over the dash. 

Its the first picture in the article that has the ghost. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Can you explain your position that  the mother took the selfie? Its the daughter in the picture just the daughter , you can see her hands in the reflection from her sunglasses reached out over the dash. 

Its the first picture in the article that has the ghost. 

sorry you are correct.....

I feel like a plonker now!!!! woops my mistake

edit: would help if you guys drove on the 'correct side of the road :P

Edited by quillius
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Its right there , the very first picture in the article. 

If we give the mother/daughter duo the benefit of the doubt thats a really creepy picture. 

Id like to see pics of the kid they are claiming died on that stretch of road to compare. 

Are you saying the 1st pic has a ghost in it, cause I see the mum, and a young ALIVE boy/girl behind her, no ghost.

Anyone else noticed photo no4? 

The girl is holding a copy of the necronomicon from the Evil Dead films with the caption "Pictured Harper with an evil book in folklore called The Necronomicon" 

As if that had anything to do with it :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, quillius said:

sorry you are correct.....

I thought exactly the same thing.

20 hours ago, Black Monk said:

The Daily Mail has also helpfully ringed the ghost for those people who wouldn't have been able to see the obvious.

Wise editorial decision given the challenges facing many Mail readers. 

6 hours ago, Ralph7 said:

Anyone else noticed photo no4? 

The girl is holding a copy of the necronomicon from the Evil Dead films with the caption "Pictured Harper with an evil book in folklore called The Necronomicon" 

As if that had anything to do with it :)

Folklore? Not replica of an Evil Dead film prop, based on an idea by H.P. Lovecraft? See what happens when they don't ring things? Even their journalists get confused between fact and fiction. 

Personally I think it's the fifth photo is also very illustrative of what's going on there. I think there might be a bit of a quest for publicity in that household. 

And where are the 'ghost child's' fingers which are mentioned by the mother in the story? Doesn't she recognise her own daughter's earlobes? 

'However they would not tell me any specific details when I enquired, which leads me to believe that it was a child, as that might be why they couldn’t provide the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html#ixzz4Q4iyOasu 

Not really, it says it's none of your business. But, note there's no suggestion other than the mother's, that any child has been injured there. Also, she only states that someone was extracted by helicopter, so there's not even any reason to believe that anyone, child or adult was actually killed there. 

Later on in the article though she says how she cried realising they'd picked up that boy, for who there's no evidence, exactly a year after he died, for which there's also no evidence.

[Her seatbelt] is something I yell at her about all the time. I’ve had 13 traffic tickets in two years due to her not wearing one. She is very stubborn - though I’m always trying to catch her when she hasn’t got it on.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html#ixzz4Q4lmzx00 

'Always trying to catch' her without it on, didn't manage to look to your right and notice your child wasn't wearing a seat belt? And, on a road which she herself identifies as being 'a dangerous stretch'. 

Mr Pocha said: 'Ghosts such as the boy are prone to remain earthbound when the soul is literally ripped or thrown from the body in an accident.

'Chances are that he does not know that he has died. And chances are good that he will haunt this part of the highway forever.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html#ixzz4Q4sQeS5O 

Well that's nice and comforting for anyone who has lost a child in a road accident isn't it. Sick!Then he goes on to say that 'warning' may be the ghost's purpose. I thought he didn't know he was dead?

So, although there's no evidence that a) anybody died, b ) that even if there was, that it was a child, c) the ghost isn't supposed to know it's dead, Pocha still goes on to say that the ghost may be 'saddened' when it sees others who are also not wearing a seat belt. Apparently, this is gleaned through  'spectral profiling', in which he's an expert. And, it's doing this by appearing in a selfie? 

I can't say too much though, over here we had Jimmy Saville telling us to belt up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldrover said:

Not replica of an Evil Dead film prop, based on an idea by H.P. Lovecraft?

I know it was Lovecrafts idea, but that book is a copy of the one from the Evil Dead films. 

22 minutes ago, Ralph7 said:

I know it was Lovecrafts idea, but that book is a copy of the one from the Evil Dead films. 

Sorry mate, I probably didn't put that too well. What I was getting at was that 'The Mail' failed to relay the fact that it was a copy of a film prop. Instead they described it as being something from 'folklore' rather than modern culture. I mentioned Lovecraft to emphasis the fact that it's rooted in fiction, to illustrate how poor their standard of journalism is.

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 2

"He claims that using an image analysis program also used by the FBI and CIA it shows the boy has now colour or "temperature" in the picture, which he says adds "to the possibility that the photo may be authentic as a ghost photo"

lol-gif-35.gif

• Like 2

Wow, the ghost is really up on the popular selfie culture. He's giving the peace sign or is it "throwing up deuces"? I dunno but every picture of my kids and their friends at least one is doing it. 

'[Her seat belt] is something I yell at her about all the time. I’ve had 13 traffic tickets in two years due to her not wearing one. She is very stubborn - though I’m always trying to catch her when she hasn’t got it on.

13 year old won't wear seat belt after I got 13 citations, 13 year old would walk from now on.
  • Like 3

On 11/15/2016 at 5:21 PM, JesseCuster said:

"He claims that using an image analysis program also used by the FBI and CIA it shows the boy has now colour or "temperature" in the picture, which he says adds "to the possibility that the photo may be authentic as a ghost photo"

Since when does a photo have a "temperature" ? Images on a film do not have temps..you would need a specialized film that detects thermals from live filming..you know, "thermal imaging"? and that sort of thing. If I took out a photo of my grandparents, for example, and had it analyzed that image would not register thermal energy, you know why? Because it is a PHOTO, the images are not alive 'cause they're images.

Geez, when are people going to stop blindly believing everything they see on tv, the net or in print?

• Like 1

believe it was an accident victim warning her to wear a seatbelt.

'[Her seatbelt] is something I yell at her about all the time. I’ve had 13 traffic tickets in two years due to her not wearing one

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html#ixzz4QHBmu9ya 

First there is NO ghost. It is an optical illusion of part of her hair, the creasing of the back seat and shadowing from the sun. 

I do hope that when she does get a warning in future, it will be from the police. As a mother she should not be allowing her daughter to sit in the moving  car without a seat belt. 

This is extremely irresponsible and there is absolutely NO excuse for it. If the child does not want to wear a seat belt, then make her take the blooming bus or walk!....that is what will save her life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

First there is NO ghost. It is an optical illusion of part of her hair, the creasing of the back seat and shadowing from the sun. 

Initially I thought it was just another kid in the back, looking more closely I no longer think it is. It's either hoax, or as you say, a strong case of simulacra. I tend toward the latter. I can't 'resolve' it though. If you think it's the hair and the seat etc, can you expand a bit? 

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Initially I thought it was just another kid in the back, looking more closely I no longer think it is. It's either hoax, or as you say, a strong case of simulacra. I tend toward the latter. I can't 'resolve' it though. If you think it's the hair and the seat etc, can you expand a bit? 

Where I have put a red ring round the "hair" bit.  It is  gaps between her hair, there are 2 red rings, with in those you can see the same thing. 

hair 2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryu said:

Since when does a photo have a "temperature" ? Images on a film do not have temps..you would need a specialized film that detects thermals from live filming..you know, "thermal imaging"? and that sort of thing. If I took out a photo of my grandparents, for example, and had it analyzed that image would not register thermal energy, you know why? Because it is a PHOTO, the images are not alive 'cause they're images.

Geez, when are people going to stop blindly believing everything they see on tv, the net or in print?

When they say temperature, they don't mean it as in how warm it actually is, the phrase used was "colour or temperature" as in "colour temperature" is an actual thing in photography and imaging.  Colours toward the red end of the spectrum are said to be warm whereas colours toward the blue end of the spectrum are said to be cool.  In digital photography the term color temperature can be used to refer to white balance, which refers to how a camera balances the colours so they're either suitably neutral or set to make an image appear warmer or cooler than it otherwise would be.

Wikipedia article on the subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

But they're still clearly talking nonsense, the quoted bit is the kind of half-baked technogibberish beloved by paranormal gurus that they think makes them seem knowledgable and smart.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

believe it was an accident victim warning her to wear a seatbelt.

'[Her seatbelt] is something I yell at her about all the time. I’ve had 13 traffic tickets in two years due to her not wearing one

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3934176/He-came-warn-wear-seatbelts-Mother-shocked-discover-GHOST-boy-sitting-seat-car-thinks-appeared-daughter-safe.html#ixzz4QHBmu9ya 

I do hope that when she does get a warning in future, it will be from the police. As a mother she should not be allowing her daughter to sit in the moving  car without a seat belt. 

This is extremely irresponsible and there is absolutely NO excuse for it. If the child does not want to wear a seat belt, then make her take the blooming bus or walk!....that is what will save her life.

what about the lips?

1 minute ago, AdealJustice said:

what about the lips?

There are no lips,,, if you zoom into the pic you will see there is only part of a chin,,,clearly.

If they were lips then there would be the rest of the chin.  It looks like a crease, it could be from the back seat or more likely something they had in the back.

If you rotate the picture, they are clearly not lips.

Note the hairline of the "boy" = zoom in = does not sit on hairline and looks nothing like hair.

hair 3.jpg

• Like 1

This is the lamest BS I've seen to scare a kid into wearing a seatbelt. I agree it's just a trick of light.

Edited by moonman

I got deeply interested in this and I'm not quite sure this is a hoax or not, but would like very much to have a final answer.

Melissa Kurt's facebook had the 2 pictures concerned, which I've saved fortunately. Today, Melissa's facebook is gone, something not very good.

One of the pictures has the ghost and another not, taken almost simultaneously. From a point in the border of the road, I think the one without the ghost was taken first.

The first one is no hoax, of course, and this one has a little spot near Harper's right ear just above the seat that might be the same texture as the ghost's sleeve.

Also, in this first picture there's a small white line near the seatbelt (inside part of the seat) that also shows up in the second picture (the ghost's). I don't know if this line has any connection with the ghost.

About the program used by FBI and CIA, I'm not sure what kind of program was that, but if that's the only proof, this is a very weak one.

Is it possible to locate the exact spot where the picture was taken. This might help a lot searching newspapers for fatal accidents there one year ago.

I'm sorry that I don't have any answer or even an opinion at this time, but this is only a small assay to help find some clues for investigation. Your comments are deeply welcome.

I can only upload one picture due to size restrictions, but hope it will help.

01.jpg

Edited by Kasparovitch
Add pictures.
  • Like 1