Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trudeau: Canada has no ''Core Identity''!

Hyades

Our peaceful, free, fair and just society is the envy of the world. That is why so many people around the world want to come to Canada. They want to adopt our values.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/14/trudeau-says-canada-has-no-core-identity

Well this is good news for all the celebrities and anti Trump  people who have vowed to leave the US and move to Canada.

• Like 4

He's clearly not a fishing enthusiast

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

He's clearly not a fishing enthusiast

Or a baby seal clubber. :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Or a baby seal clubber. :ph34r:

*Protests all the baby seals.* D<

• Like 1

Canadian Mist, Canadian Club..........:P

David Thompson alias Koo-Koo-Sint.............Samuel Hearne............. The voyageurs...............The Mounties.

Egad you canucks have a very rich history.  What kind of person would suggest otherwise?

• Like 2

Cheers, Hyades. The world needs to know what our PM thinks  of his own country...He is Canada's hillary.

Got a lot of the female (because he is soo cute) and snowflake vote...He visited a mosque, where his female entourage had to enter through a separate entrance. ..yep, islam and lgbt go hand in and.

Trudeau Visits Mosque With Terror Connections- Toronto Sun, Anthoney Furey (ha), Sep12, 2016

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/12/trudeau-visits-mosque-with-terror-connections

If the world cares, his Ma and Pa are there to search. Ma was...touched to be polite. Loved to use studio 54, loved Mic Jagger, didn't like underwear...Pa wouldn't think twice about strangling a protester, and the middle finger is known as the trudeau salute here.

• Like 3

there is not centralized Canadian core identity because we are a massive nation which most of it was only populated in the last 150 years. Every area in Canada has its own core identity but a Newfie is very different from someone from Vancuver. Who is very different from someon from Ontario and we are all different from the Quebecious. Hell in Ontario someone from the GTA is very different then someone from the Kawarthas who is different then someone from the Ottawa valley who are all different then someone from Thunder Bay.

Canada is a massive sparsely populated chunk of land.

Edited by Thanato
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Poppi said:

*snip*

If the world cares, his Ma and Pa are there to search. Ma was...touched to be polite. Loved to use studio 54, loved Mic Jagger, didn't like underwear...Pa wouldn't think twice about strangling a protester, and the middle finger is known as the trudeau salute here.

That was Jean Chretien. Remember the "Shawinigan Handshake"?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Poppi said:

Cheers, Hyades. The world needs to know what our PM thinks  of his own country...He is Canada's hillary.

Got a lot of the female (because he is soo cute) and snowflake vote...He visited a mosque, where his female entourage had to enter through a separate entrance. ..yep, islam and lgbt go hand in and.

Trudeau Visits Mosque With Terror Connections- Toronto Sun, Anthoney Furey (ha), Sep12, 2016

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/12/trudeau-visits-mosque-with-terror-connections

You really should post more often.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thanato said:

we are all different from the Quebecious.

What's a ''Quebecious'' haha? Indeed we are different but not THAT much. Sure, I speak french, but at the end of the day we ALL want what's best for our families, a good working economy, social equality and opportunities for people. That's why the Canadian federation has managed to hold together. It's a massive feat in itself. But if we didn't have those common values and interests, it wouldn't work.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Poppi said:

Hey thanks Poppi, like your comments, had a few laughs also, like!

Pretty sure i recall Trudeau punching a protester...maybe it was this bit- that looks like it has been scrubbed........................"Pierre slugged me. He's given me a black eye." - Margaret...Thanks reddit-

https://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/comments/4k3ahv/pierre_slugged_me_hes_given_me_a_black_eye_pierre/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Poppi said:

Pretty sure i recall Trudeau punching a protester...maybe it was this bit- that looks like it has been scrubbed........................"Pierre slugged me. He's given me a black eye." - Margaret...Thanks reddit-

https://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/comments/4k3ahv/pierre_slugged_me_hes_given_me_a_black_eye_pierre/

Poppi that's a reddit troll post and links been broken for 6 months and as that seems to be the only source for your claim I'm going to go that it's false

• Like 1

Unsure of your knowledge regarding Canadian history (my timeline, anyhoo).

i liked Margaret. i also love/d the Stones- not like that though....Pierre was mostly good, but, when he was bad...

The fruit does not fall far from the tree, genetics and all...wanted to post a quote from Margarets bio in Macleans magazine...but, this is starting to feel like work.

• Like 1

Like a ghost, had to revisit. ..Our WW1/2 vets probably felt they had identity. Not to mention our current batch of hero's.

Anyone who counts, would recognize Canada sent its' people into the fire of WW1 and 2, then built our current nation...Why shouldn't other nations fight and die for their beliefs?

i would say that Canada is a nation of immigrants, who managed to meld along with First Nations. Civility/knowledge/wealth came with European settlers. ..Maybe teepee's / hunter gather is better than 10 hr days and never ending bills.

• Like 2

So, Trudeau thinks all Canucks are androgynous metrosexuals like himself? Did he think it in French?

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

So, Trudeau thinks all Canucks are androgynous metrosexuals like himself? Did he think it in French?

You had me to another new word, thanks!  Metrosexuals in Wikipedia.

The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis — because that’s where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference.

Hmm!, we all know he was brought up with a golden spoon, never been exposed to scarcity much?, wonder if this type of people fit in to lead a country?  I guess, he may be if he is surrounded by people who were not raised as he, and good bureaucrats who would do the ground work, and prepared plans of development, otherwise, he would plunge the country into indefinite DEBT and consequences!   My 2 cents.

He said they were pancultural. What's the big deal about that? 

pancultural

ADJECTIVE

• Common or relevant to all human cultures; containing elements from all cultures.

Late last year, Justin Trudeau told the New York Times that Canada is becoming a new kind of country, not defined by our history or European national origins, but by a “pan-cultural heritage”.

“There is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada,” Trudeau said, concluding that he sees Canada as “the first post-national state.”

So they're post-national and pancultural. So what? Is there suddenly something wrong with that? Weren't we all about being a melting pot a while back? And then it wasn't a melting pot but more of a tossed salad where people could retain their heritage. 

• Like 2

If you read the whole article, it starts getting into some weirdness about Mosques and forcing Muslims to have women and men together in them. Apparently, they think Trudeau should do this. Or at least, that he shouldn't speak at any Mosques until they conform. 

I wonder if people are aware that there are synagogues where they essentially do the same thing. Genders are separated during prayer. Are they all about legislating them, as well? 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1