Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the purpose of life ?

UM-Bot

That is just a physical explanation for our purpose.   There is more to being human than that!

Our purpose could be answered as a species, i.e. the purpose of humans .... is it to reproduce?  (maybe we could slow down on that one!).....

and/or subjectively/personally.  Our purpose could change with time though.  Also there may be a difference to what we make our purpose and what is 'designed' for us (if you believe in there being a divine guiding hand overseeing the process).  Often I have felt I had a purpose, i.e. was in the right place to save someone but I am mostly aware of making my own purpose i.e. to be the best person I can be, spiritually (which involves taking responsibility for my actions and being mindful/caring of how I interact - developing the heart).

Life can have meaning without a purpose/end goal though....

Edited by sees
  • Like 3

The purpose of life is for pure spirit to experience, and participate in, a physical world.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The purpose of life is for pure spirit to experience, and participate in, a physical world.

That's the higher purpose of life :)

^ ^  Maybe it's the only one!

A few quotes on purpose of life.

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

“It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters,”
Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations

“You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.”
Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

“The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.”
Robert F. Kennedy