Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Writing on wall

jackjumpedup

I recently noticed on the wall in my daughters room writing that had not previously been there. My daughter is away at college but I frequently have been in her room so this has to have shown up fairly recently. The only other people in the house are my wife and son and both deny writing on the wall and I believe them as they wouldn't lie about something like that and it would be out of character for them to do that. No one else has been over recently and no one has access to the house when we are out. I'm really stumped about this as we have lived in the house for 16 years and the only other thing that has happened unexplained like this was about 4 or 5 years ago. My daughter when she was a young teenager said that she walked into her room and all the drawers on the dresser were wide open and her closet doors were also wide open. At the time I just brushed it off and didn't really think about it.

The other odd thing is that the writing is done with some kind of ash. It was not pencil for sure because it brushes off very easily with no residue. The red X on the top right of the pic looks to be done with pen as it doesn't smear or wipe off very easily. The disconcerting thing about all this is the word that is written. I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to this stuff but this one has me a little freaked out. Any advice? My wife wants me to google something called smudging.

wallwriting.jpg

15 minutes ago, jackjumpedup said:

my wife and son and both deny writing on the wall

One of them if fibbing.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

One of them if fibbing.

agree.gif?v=2   Looks suspiciously like a ...er...jumpedup situation!

• Like 2

you know, this sounds just like the ominous writing on the wall in the book of Daniel chapter 5

1Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand. 2Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein. 3Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them. 4They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

The Handwriting on the Wall

5In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote. 6Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another. 7The king cried aloud to bring in the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers. And the king spake, and said to the wise men of Babylon, Whosoever shall read this writing, and shew me the interpretation thereof, shall be clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of gold about his neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom. 8Then came in all the king's wise men: but they could not read the writing, nor make known to the king the interpretation thereof. 9Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonied.

10Now the queen, by reason of the words of the king and his lords, came into the banquet house: and the queen spake and said, O king, live for ever: let not thy thoughts trouble thee, nor let thy countenance be changed: 11There is a man in thy kingdom, in whom is the spirit of the holy gods; and in the days of thy father light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, was found in him; whom the king Nebuchadnezzar thy father, the king, I say, thy father, made master of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers; 12Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation.

Daniel Interprets the Handwriting

13Then was Daniel brought in before the king. And the king spake and said unto Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, which art of the children of the captivity of Judah, whom the king my father brought out of Jewry? 14I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee. 15And now the wise men, the astrologers, have been brought in before me, that they should read this writing, and make known unto me the interpretation thereof: but they could not shew the interpretation of the thing: 16And I have heard of thee, that thou canst make interpretations, and dissolve doubts: now if thou canst read the writing, and make known to me the interpretation thereof, thou shalt be clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of gold about thy neck, and shalt be the third ruler in the kingdom.

17Then Daniel answered and said before the king, Let thy gifts be to thyself, and give thy rewards to another; yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation. 18O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour: 19And for the majesty that he gave him, all people, nations, and languages, trembled and feared before him: whom he would he slew; and whom he would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down. 20But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him: 21And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will. 22And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this; 23But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified: 24Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written.

25And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN. 26This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it. 27TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting. 28PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.

29Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom.

30In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain. 31And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.

Edited by Opus Magnus

Yeah, except that wasn't done with a charcoal pencil and a biro. So it's probably best left out of this one. 

Hi Jack...,

Firstly I'd say 

24 minutes ago, jackjumpedup said:

My daughter when she was a young teenager said that she walked into her room and all the drawers on the dresser were wide open and her closet doors were also wide open. At the time I just brushed it off and didn't really think about it.

Don't make connections between this and the writing. And forget the paranormal, whatever made these marks, they did it with two, very human implements. 

Most important question is where on the wall did this writing appear?

Has any work been carried out there, if so when, and when was the wall last painted?

Also remember the word die doesn't necessarily mean expire, it could mean cut a screw thread here. Which brings up another question, what is the wall made of?

• Like 1

How old is your son? Does he ever have friends over?

• Like 2

I think the big Circle with the cross in it is like the Earth, and the small X is the moon, or it's like a parent with the child orbiting around it and it means DIE when it comes around to hit in revolution.

Oh yeah .... that story was exactly like what happened !  

The feast, the king, him watching the finger write, D aniel and the wise men of babylon present ....' just like it'   .... ominous !   :D 

... and stupid .... any chance to get a bible quote in h  eh   

• Like 4

The feast, the king, him watching the finger write,  Daniel and the wise men of babylon present ....' just like it'   .... ominous !   :D 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I think the big Circle with the cross in it is like the Earth, and the small X is the moon

Like the Earth? it looks nothing like the Earth. may i recommend you pop over to google and have a look at what our planet looks like, cos its nothing like that. And the moon...well, rest assured it is not the shape of an X.

You really have let your imagination run riot on this one. :D

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, back to earth said:

The feast, the king, him watching the finger write,  Daniel and the wise men of babylon present ....' just like it'   .... ominous !   :D 

You only get one likey . :P

ok, cos its you, will give you one more, but thats it!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, oldrover said:

Absolute nonsense. 

That`s the  polite way of putting it. :)

• Like 8

To be fair, a circle with a cross in it is an accepted sign to represent Earth.  

4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Sorry, weej, I ain`t accepting it..:P plus its a very bad circle, but disrespectful to our fine planet.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

It's also universal sign for drill here. The circle may be to highlight that as the area, rather than the other red X. That's speculating though. We won't know how likely any of this is unless we get more information from the OP.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I think the big Circle with the cross in it is like the Earth, and the small X is the moon, or it's like a parent with the child orbiting around it and it means DIE when it comes around to hit in revolution.

As there are no other options you must be right but anyway, many thanks for the fully detailed and self-evident explanation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Or a cross-head screw. Means, we now have to await the arrival of the final cross-head screw (revelation).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toast said:

As there are no other options you must be right but anyway, many thanks for the fully detailed and self-evident explanation.

We got 2 other options, actually 3 = oldrovers theory and mine =  the wife or son.:)

• Like 2

Just now, freetoroam said:

We got 2 other options, actually 3 = oldrovers theory and mine =  the wife or son.:)

Thats impossible and illogical.

:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast said:

Or a cross-head screw. Means, we now have to await the arrival of the final cross-head screw (revelation).

Has this got anything to do with Philips (  Philippians 1:13 ) ?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Yeah, except that wasn't done with a charcoal pencil and a biro. So it's probably best left out of this one. 

Hi Jack...,

Firstly I'd say 

Don't make connections between this and the writing. And forget the paranormal, whatever made these marks, they did it with two, very human implements. 

Most important question is where on the wall did this writing appear?

Has any work been carried out there, if so when, and when was the wall last painted?

Also remember the word die doesn't necessarily mean expire, it could mean cut a screw thread here. Which brings up another question, what is the wall made of?

Most important question is where on the wall did this writing appear? About 6' high on the wall inside the room right before walking out of the door.

Has any work been carried out there, if so when, and when was the wall last painted? No the last time the room was painted it was done about 3 years ago and I was the one that painted it.

Also remember the word die doesn't necessarily mean expire, it could mean cut a screw thread here. Which brings up another question, what is the wall made of? Plaster, it is an old house.

Also to add, I do not think it was done with a charcoal pencil. It was too easily wiped away, I took a tissue and wiped it off, everything is gone except for the red x. That's what has me most perplexed it almost looked like ash but how would it have been applied so neat. I literally blew on it when I saw how easy it was coming off and it was blowing off the wall.

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Has this got anything to do with Philips (  Philippians 1:13 ) ?

Yeah, with Philips 4x35 miles to be exact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

How old is your son? Does he ever have friends over?

My son is 14, he does have friends over from time to time but it has been at least a few months since anyone has been to our house. I know this showed up recently.

6 minutes ago, toast said:

Yeah, with Philips 4x35 miles to be exact.

Watt? let me just check my Book of Numbers.

• Like 1