Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blue sphere 'UFO' shows up on NASA camera

UM-Bot

Weather balloon

Swamp gas inside a weather balloon causing the blue glow.

• Like 5

NASA even has a page on its website explaining how STEREO can produce images of this nature.

"Because the images from the Heliospheric Imager (HI) telescopes are built up from a large number of exposures added together, this sometimes results in "double exposures", where data from several telescopes appear in the same image," the article reads.

There is little doubt that the image, far from being evidence of ET, shows nothing more than a common graphical anomaly consistent with combining photographs taken by two satellites. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/300941/blue-sphere-ufo-shows-up-on-nasa-camera#sthash.OqFVzJmN.dpuf

Well we have the answer  ^^^^^

Some people are beyond belief :

The Internet was abuzz last week with claims of extraterrestrial visitors after the image, - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/300941/blue-sphere-ufo-shows-up-on-nasa-camera#sthash.OqFVzJmN.dpuf

• Like 6

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

NASA even has a page on its website explaining how STEREO can produce images of this nature.

"Because the images from the Heliospheric Imager (HI) telescopes are built up from a large number of exposures added together, this sometimes results in "double exposures", where data from several telescopes appear in the same image," the article reads.

There is little doubt that the image, far from being evidence of ET, shows nothing more than a common graphical anomaly consistent with combining photographs taken by two satellites. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/300941/blue-sphere-ufo-shows-up-on-nasa-camera#sthash.OqFVzJmN.dpuf

Well we have the answer  ^^^^^

Some people are beyond belief :

The Internet was abuzz last week with claims of extraterrestrial visitors after the image, - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/300941/blue-sphere-ufo-shows-up-on-nasa-camera#sthash.OqFVzJmN.dpuf

Come on freetoroam, explanations take all the fun out of it.  I'm sure there are plenty of "experts" out there the "know" NASA is covering it up and this explanation is smoke and mirrors.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

Cool coverup bruh! ;):D

What cover up is that then? what information do you have to contribute to dispute the explanation given?

• Like 1

The "graphical glitch" theory is statistically the most favorable. Until any other claim/theory - accompanied by supporting evidence - is made, it is most logical to go with the "graphical glitchtheory.  

Believing it is an ET object and NASA is covering it up, is just ludacris & a bit crazy to be honest.  

Edited by Badfish312
Typo
  • Like 2

Mystery of the sun's strange 'blue sphere' is solved: Nasa says there IS a hole in our star...but it's not what conspiracy theorists think

Huge blue sphere was picked up by cameras on the STEREO HI1 satellite
    Some suggested the strange sight could be a wormhole or rogue planet   
    Nasa said the strange sight was caused by a combination of two images being put together and that it 'happens sometimes'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3959880/Mystery-sun-s-strange-blue-sphere-solved-Nasa-says-hole-star-s-not-conspiracy-theorists-think.html#ixzz4QkRFzRIi

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

What's more terrifying to believe that E.T is out their or to know were alone.?

I believe there is life somewhere out there, that is not terrifying. 

I think it is exciting that NASA are "searching" our Universe. 

As for alone? how can we be alone when  we have a planet full of life?

• Like 2

Old news. We haven't been alone in the universe since 1965. il_570xN.280795499.jpg

well based on classified data that NASA has covered and being leaked throughout the years, there's a high probability of true things being covered up..that's all..never trust the media...and it's my OPINION ..sooo i don't know why u want to argue with me :) 

1 hour ago, The_V_Spirit said:

well based on classified data that NASA has covered and being leaked throughout the years, there's a high probability of true things being covered up..that's all..never trust the media...and it's my OPINION ..sooo i don't know why u want to argue with me :) 

Until today no credible NGO, not a single one, has ever leaked something that would back your claim. I say NGOs because "testimonials" by drunken farmers, YT vids of shady profiteers and claims by the global bunch of NASA-lies!-weirdos are not of any relevance and cannot be subject to any kind of respectable discussion about extraterrestrial intelligence, by principle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_V_Spirit said:

Arguing?  Or just asking you to discuss...?   Please cite the best evidence you have for this classified / covered / leaked data - I'd like to examine this 'high probability' you refer to..

• Like 2

Do I want to believe this story? No, but I cannot stop thinking about what is their intention of having classified data being leaked somewhere. Mass media overall (including online media) can be easily manipulated thus making it less credible. Which news media can be trustworthy? I can't answer that; seek yourself and find the answer yourself.

2 hours ago, coolmaximum said:

Do I want to believe this story? No, but I cannot stop thinking about what is their intention of having classified data being leaked somewhere.

WTH(eck) are you talking about???  Who is 'they'?  If NASA, be specific and point to what and where this 'classified data' is 'being leaked somewhere'...  Or is this just a meaningless handwaved word salad?

The OP is about a picture that due to data errors, includes a partial image from another source.  Are you suggesting that there really was a huge blue sphere there and not a single other solar observatory noticed it?  There are LOTS in several other countries, not to mention the thousands of amateur/pro sun watchers like Thierry LeGault.

This sort of silly claim is only ever made by those without a clue about just how thoroughly our skies are monitored and recorded.

• Like 4

On 12/6/2016 at 11:50 PM, ChrLzs said:

This sort of silly claim is only ever made by those without a clue about just how thoroughly our skies are monitored and recorded.

That ^...  precisely!

On 12/7/2016 at 0:50 AM, ChrLzs said:

WTH(eck) are you talking about???  Who is 'they'?  If NASA, be specific and point to what and where this 'classified data' is 'being leaked somewhere'...  Or is this just a meaningless handwaved word salad?

The OP is about a picture that due to data errors, includes a partial image from another source.  Are you suggesting that there really was a huge blue sphere there and not a single other solar observatory noticed it?  There are LOTS in several other countries, not to mention the thousands of amateur/pro sun watchers like Thierry LeGault.

For your information, "they" is for whoever you think/know can be co-conspirator of mass media and misinformation distributor. I cannot point my finger at who is they; it is your decision, not mine. As you mentioned "data errors", I smiled; their intention is clear, which is to confuse us with "realistic" probability of the event. Anyway, I said what I said.

1 hour ago, coolmaximum said:

For your information, "they" is for whoever you think/know can be co-conspirator of mass media, and misinformation distributor. I cannot point my finger at who is they; it is your decision, not mine.

Translation - "I handwave away any requests for information, and have no idea who 'they' are or even what 'they' do.  I certainly have nothing to say to support my claim, and you just have to believe me.."

As you mentioned "data errors", I smiled;

Your smile, sadly, is not an educated one - the attempt at smarm/sarcasm fails dismally.  So.. you don't believe data errors exist?  You've never seen what happens on digital TVs when the signal strength is too low and the images break up and areas of the screen 'freeze'?  You've never seen what happens when a JPEG file gets corrupted and parts of it are overlaid with another image file?  You can't conceive of how such things can happen when we are talking about a spacecraft many millions of miles away, with a tiny transmitter, in the face of a huge amount of varying levels of solar radiation?

May I, with all due respect, suggest that you are completely and utterly out of your depth on this topic?  That perhaps you should choose a simpler topic to build a fantasy conspiracy upon?  That in future you actually answer questions and address issues rather than offer such silly and meaningless platitudes?

their intention is clear, which is to confuse us with "realistic" probability of the event. Anyway, I said what I said.

Yes, unfortunately you did say it, and now you have completely failed to back it up with anything at all.  So, 'their' intention is only clear in your own mind, and I think we can see how informed and logical that mind is..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Translation - "I handwave away any requests for information, and have no idea who 'they' are or even what 'they' do.  I certainly have nothing to say to support my claim, and you just have to believe me.."

Your smile, sadly, is not an educated one - the attempt at smarm/sarcasm fails dismally.  So.. you don't believe data errors exist?  You've never seen what happens on digital TVs when the signal strength is too low and the images break up and areas of the screen 'freeze'?  You've never seen what happens when a JPEG file gets corrupted and parts of it are overlaid with another image file?  You can't conceive of how such things can happen when we are talking about a spacecraft many millions of miles away, with a tiny transmitter, in the face of a huge amount of varying levels of solar radiation?

May I, with all due respect, suggest that you are completely and utterly out of your depth on this topic?  That perhaps you should choose a simpler topic to build a fantasy conspiracy upon?  That in future you actually answer questions and address issues rather than offer such silly and meaningless platitudes?

Yes, unfortunately you did say it, and now you have completely failed to back it up with anything at all.  So, 'their' intention is only clear in your own mind, and I think we can see how informed and logical that mind is..

You simply enjoy attacking my thought. Ponder on your own. Don't force someone to trust you, or believe that you are the educated one. Don't close my mind. I am open to peaceful discussion but not to arguing. We're not mad politicians here. After all, I am here to understand this topic but you force me to stick my head into sand and believe your judgement.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:58 PM, The_V_Spirit said:

Stating that something is your opinion isn't a reason not to argue with it. 

What is it with some people who think that because they state that what they say is their opinion somehow absolves them from having it criticised?

This post is merely my opinion so no-one should argue with it.