Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 9
Dunbaraj

So, where do Bigfoot sleep/settle?

869 posts in this topic

Have you guys thought much about this?  Yea, we all know that Sasquatch could live up in the mountains, deep in the woods, somewhere in the swamp, etc.; but what kind of homes would they come up? And wouldn't they have an effect on the environment somehow? This BFRO article touches on that. 

Caves seem like the likely domicile, but what about trees? Do you think grass huts are possible? And, assuming they are the architects, do Sasquatch settle beneath those bizarre tree structures? Bigfoot Base cites over 500k abandoned mines in the United States alone. If you ask me, I think these old mine shafts might be the most popular destination for roaming Bigfoot in need of a longterm rest. They better be cool with bats though. 

Any thoughts?

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People studying great apes in Africa can track gorilla wanderings and spot the sleeping nests they make.  As far as I know no equivalent structure has been found in North America.  Winter in the Cascades is a lot harsher than the tropical jungle.  It might require substantial shelter.  Material evidence like a nest or shelter would be fantastic evidence.  It would likely contain hair and plenty of other DNA samples.   Nothing.  No claims or pictures.  It is not a good sign for existence of Bigfoot.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In his cloaked spaceship.

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They dwell in the minds of people that want to believe. The Loch Ness monster dwelled in my mind until I came to my senses. Unfortunately other people cannot pull themselves from thoughts/behaviors in a mechanism that evolved to reinforce said thoughts/behaviors. 

Do yourself a favor, and research beyond confirmation bias.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think IF a sasquatch was real, it would probably build crude structures out of branches, mud, etc, or otherwise find shelter within caves or deep, deep forest. However, the chances of it being real are slim-to-none.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2016 at 1:10 AM, Tatetopa said:

People studying great apes in Africa can track gorilla wanderings and spot the sleeping nests they make.  As far as I know no equivalent structure has been found in North America.  Winter in the Cascades is a lot harsher than the tropical jungle.  It might require substantial shelter.  Material evidence like a nest or shelter would be fantastic evidence.  It would likely contain hair and plenty of other DNA samples.   Nothing.  No claims or pictures.  It is not a good sign for existence of Bigfoot.

I know there have been claims of bigfoot hunters finding nests.   What disqualifies them for me is that no hairs are retrieved from them.  

I think if it was real, bigfoot would have built some decent structures.   People claim it is very smart. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montoursville-Cabin-09-sm.jpg

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for retro caravan

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

b50c5353737d131f6b3ad61d88694b96.jpg

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what they should do is capture a big foot, tag him, then track him with the tag to find their nesting locales. Should be pretty easy to do, once you find a big foot, that is. (Small detail, i forgot to mention)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

b50c5353737d131f6b3ad61d88694b96.jpg

Hmmmm ..... this could well explain why the bigfoot habitat has never been fond ! .   Note the reflective 'invisible effect' of the caravan.    

Well found !

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tagging a bigfoot would be like trying to put some manacles on a Wookie, me thinks.  I'm not volunteering for that.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you get them into an arm lock they're like putty. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey !   Settle down !   Dont treat them like that. I have found them compliant.   Once when i was camping, around the fire at night, one approached the fire. I acted calmly and poured him a cup of tea from the billy and placed it on the ground near him.  Eventually he got closer. sniffed it and took it up and had a sip.

Blerck !   he didnt like it, so then I added some sugar ... he sure liked that !   before long he was sitting by the fire happily with his tea.   We talked about the footy ... apparently he liked the Rabbitohs  as he felt some affinity with Russell Crowe  .    I noted the resemblance  . 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that would have been a yowie though. Bigfoot,or it's eastern (Welsh) cousin the yeti, is a tougher proposition, they only respond to firmness and expert wrestling techniques. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Yeah, that would have been a yowie though. Bigfoot,or it's eastern (Welsh) cousin the yeti, is a tougher proposition, they only respond to firmness and expert wrestling techniques. 

You need to beg someone to "Like" a comment of yours.    You are at 666.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's OK I'm a Diabolist. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for bigfoot motel

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldrover said:

Yeah, that would have been a yowie though. Bigfoot,or it's eastern (Welsh) cousin the yeti, is a tougher proposition, they only respond to firmness and expert wrestling techniques. 

Hmmmm ... true .... may it was Russell Crowe ?  The resemblance was uncanny !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, oldrover said:

It's OK I'm a Diabolist. 

You're a level-6 Prestige class with a Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, or Lawful Neutral alignment? Do you have your Imp familiar yet?!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2016 at 1:53 AM, Dunbaraj said:

Have you guys thought much about this?  Yea, we all know that Sasquatch could live up in the mountains, deep in the woods, somewhere in the swamp, etc.; but what kind of homes would they come up? And wouldn't they have an effect on the environment somehow? This BFRO article touches on that. 

Caves seem like the likely domicile, but what about trees? Do you think grass huts are possible? And, assuming they are the architects, do Sasquatch settle beneath those bizarre tree structures? Bigfoot Base cites over 500k abandoned mines in the United States alone. If you ask me, I think these old mine shafts might be the most popular destination for roaming Bigfoot in need of a longterm rest. They better be cool with bats though. 

Any thoughts?

I think BF live almost completely underground. If you look at the areas around the world that have strong traditions of BF or BF like creatures in their folkore you fins that very often there is a serious underground network of caves in the vicinity. In fact I think thats really the only way they could exist and be an actual physical animal. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Podo said:

You're a level-6 Prestige class with a Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, or Lawful Neutral alignment? Do you have your Imp familiar yet?!

I did do but they got a better offer. Imps...what can you say?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With his feet up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it seems for every area they have different behavior, so that all depends on where you are at that moment. Caves, grass huts, beneath fallen tree's, etc.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vast majority of 'Bigfoot hair' tested has been found to come from Brown Bears.

So, where do bears sleep/settle?

(I know what they do in the woods!)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 9

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.