Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sherri Papini Has Been Found

ouija ouija

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3972860/None-imagined-actually-come-true-Husband-kidnapped-California-supermom-dumped-roadside-Thanksgiving-promised-children-d-holidays.html

This doesn't feel right to me. I'm looking forward to hearing more from the police in the coming days. Apparently she's still a bit 'fragile' at the moment and giving information to the police in dribs and drabs ..... nothing released to the press yet other than statements from the sister(very cagey), and the father-in-law(seems to have a lot to say).

• Like 6

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3979058/Police-say-no-reason-disbelieve-story-kidnapped-mom-two-chained-Thanksgiving-dig-past-online-activity.html

I think it's interesting that the police feel the need to announce 'that there is no reason to disbelieve the victim's story'. Also, they say there is sensitive information related to the case that has not been made public yet.

• Like 1

^ Well the sheriff said they "currently" have no reason to disbelieve her story, which sounds to me like they believe there's a lot more to investigate.

Yeah, I'd seen this story in the news about her missing, and I must say, it struck me as though something was a bit off from the get-go, although I still couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was...

Regarding this recent development, I think I've read that it's rare for an abduction to play out like this, but what strikes me the most odd is that the husband promised the children that their mother would be home by Thanksgiving! How on earth could -and why- would he have promised such a thing?

• Like 2

This topic is of interest to me because I live where all this happened. It is curious no more info has been released yet, I'm looking forward to hearing what actually happened. Aside from 2 supposedly hispanic women in an SUV releasing her, not much else publicly released

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, regi said:

but what strikes me the most odd is that the husband promised the children that their mother would be home by Thanksgiving! How on earth could -and why- would he have promised such a thing?

One possible explanation is that those were the terms for ransom money being paid ...... that she would be released on or before Thanksgiving.

• Like 3

No one is admitting to a ransom being paid .......

Plus, here is a completely whacky suggestion :w00t: : there was mention of an ex-husband and posts on FaceBook, so I'm thinking has there been some contact between 'supermom'(why was she called that? How is she better than other moms with two kids?), and the ex so the current husband has decided to teach her a lesson? He and his father seemed so confident that things would turn out fine, not just that they hoped they would turn out fine.

There was something about the current husband finding her phone on the road after she had gone missing ..... that that was quite a 'fluke'.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

What I'm wondering is why so often these crimes involve some wide-eyed blonde who looks like she is POSING for ever photo taken.  We certainly saw enough of those type of photos from Jodi Arias and, I'm sorry to speak ill of the dead, but 99 % of the photos of Missy Beaver struck me the same way.  I know different types of crimes but is there something about their egos that draws something ? 

• Like 1

^ Right, what's with the 'Supermom' bit?! :rolleyes:  

Yeah, the info. is that the husband used a 'find my phone' app. to locate the phone. Now, I don't know the location in relation to her home, but evidently, the phone was exceptionally easy to locate...

Re: the father and the father of the husband, frankly, all of these people have struck me odd...

I was surprised to learn that there's an ex-husband...:huh:

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3982222/Redding-executive-tells-called-911-spotted-kidnapped-mom-Sherri-Papini-looking-worn-scared-two-MEN-blue-pick-truck-rest-stop-just-days-found.html

This is interesting ^ ^. A woman is convinced she saw Sherri at a gas station with two men a few days before she was found.

Also there is an overly long and odd statement from the husband.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

A good article :D  Too bad our MSM is too dedicated to Trump bashing to be able to come up with some actual reporting like that !! 

I was thinking something like perhaps the description they are giving to the media has nothing to do with who actually took her....... If she was taken that is.

One question I'm left with is, what the heck is up with one of them wearing a "beanie ? "  Is that perhaps some type of English description  for a knit cap ?  I can't think of any current style that would be termed a "beanie." 

• Like 1

:lol: Yes, a beanie is a knitted hat.

I suppose 'two Hispanic women' could have captured her in the first instance and then passed her on to two men ..... one wearing a beanie :)

This is a basic beanie. Sometimes they have a little peak, sometimes they are baggy to make room for dreadlocks.

beanie-hats-2.jpg

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

When was ransom offered? The reason I ask is because to me, unless or until the abductor informed of such, then it'd appear to me that ransom was the least likely motive. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, regi said:

When was ransom offered? The reason I ask is because to me, unless or until the abductor informed of such, then it'd appear to me that ransom was the least likely motive. 

Good point. It's usually the abductor who makes the first move and even when a ransom was offered, the abductors didn't respond in this case. Even when it was changed to 'reward for information', I think I'm right in saying, the police had no response .... which is odd.

Edited by ouija ouija

49 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

:lol: Yes, a beanie is a knitted hat.

I suppose 'two Hispanic women' could have captured her in the first instance and then passed her on to two men ..... one wearing a beanie :)

This is a basic beanie. Sometimes they have a little peak, sometimes they are baggy to make room for dreadlocks.

Thank you !!!  I'm not certain if all of American is with me but I take "beanie" to mean a small skull cap, something like Jewish men wear.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3982222/Redding-executive-tells-called-911-spotted-kidnapped-mom-Sherri-Papini-looking-worn-scared-two-MEN-blue-pick-truck-rest-stop-just-days-found.html

This is interesting ^ ^. A woman is convinced she saw Sherri at a gas station with two men a few days before she was found.

Also there is an overly long and odd statement from the husband.

I'm shocked no one noted the damn plate #. I mean you see a scared lady in the back of a truck with 2 men, she acts subdued etc but you don't take license plate numbers? obviously an intelligent specimen we are dealing with.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

I'm shocked no one noted the damn plate #. I mean you see a scared lady in the back of a truck with 2 men, she acts subdued etc but you don't take license plate numbers? obviously an intelligent specimen we are dealing with.

But she did take the number plate and passed it on to the police.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

But she did take the number plate and passed it on to the police.

ma lawd, I humbly accept my misreading lol. -.-

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

ma lawd, I humbly accept my misreading lol. -.-

In one of the links there's a photo of the log sheet, however the police aren't commenting on whether they followed up on the sighting.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

In one of the links there's a photo of the log sheet, however the police aren't commenting on whether they followed up on the sighting.

Which is a quaint American LE expression for: "No, they didn't do a darn thing with it. The dispatcher that took the call couldn't spell Papini so he went on with his day" 

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3986806/Sheriff-reveals-battered-supermom-MESSAGE-branded-skin-extensive-interviews-Sherri-Papini-two-days-admits-baffled-abducted.html

^ ^ Today's report. Police say she was branded! Not with a symbol of some kind, but with a message. Also, alleged sighting of Sherri at gas station with two men has been discounted, by Sherri herself, I think.

edit to say: There has been no mention of her being raped or sexually abused in any way, has there?

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 3

^ The circumstances of this case just get more and more bizarre! :blink: Re: motive, it's coming across to me as though it's something personal, which I think surely is a most unusual motive for an abduction. :huh:

• Like 2

It crossed my mind that it could have been instigated by someone who is jealous of her, or someone who wanted to hurt her husband(disgruntled employee/work colleague?). Someone who was so angry they didn't think the enterprise through ..... they captured her, hurt and humiliated her, and then didn't know what to do next.

• Like 2

This is very anomalous. There have been assaults and murders like this. There have been few to no kidnappings like this. Past ones involve adult men working with adult women, and past ones involve minor females working with minor females. I can't think of a past case in which two or more *adult* women kidnap an adult woman. There have been horrid crimes where women help men find victims. There have been crimes of passion that involve young girls, especially when boys are involved. This one seems to be in a class by itself!

• Like 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked