Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Einstein WRONG about the speed of light?

seeder

Was Einstein WRONG about the speed of light? New theory could completely change our view of the universe

Albert Einstein believed the speed of light was constant in a vacuum
    This constant has formed the basis of many theories in modern physics
    But the model of inflation leaves a conundrum called the Horizon Problem
    Physicists believe that light may have travelled faster in the early universe, before slowing to present levels, which could be tested with observations

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3978402/Was-Einstein-WRONG-speed-light-New-theory-completely-change-view-universe.html#ixzz4RLWavG9u

I can't stand this sort of reporting. "New theory could completely change our view of the universe".

No. It won't. And this is exactly why the general public don't get (or even really like) science.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 1

Didnt they discover recently that focusing or manipulating the structure of light pulses reduces their speed, even in vacuum conditions? So if the "conditions" of the early universe were exotic and you had much denser gravtional fields everywhere wouldnt that mean that the speed of light would be different from what it is today? I think they may be onto something, I just hope they dont say "a constant with an exception" or something like that bc its still technically not a constant.