Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Error code: 1C205/3

cormac mac airt

Have recently tried to search multiple items and keep getting the above error code, with a suggestion to try again in "X" seconds. Why am I getting this and why can't I find what I'm looking for? Also, are hyphenated words searchable (separate query)?

Just to add:  This is true for me in multiple browsers (i.e. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox).

cormac

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cormac mac airt

• Saru

• Habitat

• PersonFromPorlock

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably you should just wait the stipulated "x" seconds before attempting the next search. 

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Presumably you should just wait the stipulated "x" seconds before attempting the next search. 

Been there, done that.

cormac

I don't know what the problem is, but there's a lot of discussion about it available via this search page.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

56 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

I don't know what the problem is, but there's a lot of discussion about it available via this search page.

Doesn't help, but any information is better than none I guess. Thanks.

cormac

On this site? A google search shows people having the problem on other forums.

Probably a quirk of the forum platform. I have always found the search function here extremely good.

9 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Have recently tried to search multiple items and keep getting the above error code, with a suggestion to try again in "X" seconds. Why am I getting this and why can't I find what I'm looking for?

You need to wait 'x' seconds between searches - this is part of the forum's flood control system.

It's just to stop bots from conducting a large number of immediate, consecutive searches.

9 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Also, are hyphenated words searchable (separate query)?

Yes - put the search phrase in quotation marks i.e. "fast-forward".

6 hours ago, Saru said:

You need to wait 'x' seconds between searches - this is part of the forum's flood control system.

It's just to stop bots from conducting a large number of immediate, consecutive searches.

Yes - put the search phrase in quotation marks i.e. "fast-forward".

I have Saru, it didn't make a difference yesterday and it's not making one today.

Have tried both a hyphenated word in quotes, and a normal word without and it still gives me that same error code. Every search attempted gives me that EC no matter how much time I put between attempts, which I've gone as long as several minutes between.

cormac

1 hour ago, Saru said:

What specifically are you searching for ?

Originally I was searching for a post I'd written a while back concerning Yahweh having been co-opted by the Hebrews and not being original to them, using the specific word co-opted, when every search attempt afterwords whether related to my original query or not led to an apparently continuous loop of Error Codes. I'm assuming at this point I'm never going to be able to use the search function at UM again. If true, that royally sucks.

cormac

Have you tried logging out of your account and back in ?

What about clearing your browser cache ?

The only thing I can think of is that some mechanism responsible for determining search frequency has become stuck in your case.

2 hours ago, Saru said:

Have you tried logging out of your account and back in ?

What about clearing your browser cache ?

The only thing I can think of is that some mechanism responsible for determining search frequency has become stuck in your case.

Yes, have tried both. Even gone as far as clearing out the junk files, ran registry cleaner and defragged my computer none of which has helped a bit.

cormac

Next I would try it with a different browser and see if you are still having the problem.

Also, if possible, try it with a different IP ( if you have a dynamic IP provider )

19 minutes ago, Saru said:

Next I would try it with a different browser and see if you are still having the problem.

Also, if possible, try it with a different IP ( if you have a dynamic IP provider )

As mentioned in my original post I've tried it in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox all with the same results. 

Sorry, not possible as I don't have a dynamic IP provider.

cormac

The only thing I can suggest is that I log in to your account to investigate the problem first-hand.

Let me know if you would like me to go ahead with that. ( it will require me to reset your password )

Sorry to take so long, been busy since early this AM. Yes, please go ahead and do that if you think it will help. Any info, including new password, you can PM me with and thanks for your help.

cormac