Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emerald Tablets of Thoth

steve wright

http://www.horuscentre.org/library/Hermetism/The_Emerald_Tablets_Of_Thoth.pdf

and one more interesting pdf I just was told about a few weeks ago - the Emerald Tablets of Thoth - predating our "recorded" history - Interesting stuff - Thoth was one of the so called "Gods of Egypt" the tablets have his take on the spiritual side of life - his spacecraft supposedly buried under Giza somewhere and the entrance to where the stored library is also is there

but some pretty interesting reading - only 89 pages or something  - just wondering if anyone has any comments ?

just sharing some stuff from the last month or so

steve

• Like 1

only 48 heavy pages 

• Like 1

there no evidence of the original. The ones that are claimed to be the emerald tablets are channeled writings. I don't give much credence to channeled material.

• Like 2

I did find this commentary

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-emerald-tablets-of-thoth-a-lovecraftian-plagiarism

It suggests that Lovecraft was the source of the ideas in the story.

At first I thought this might be associated with Drunvalo Melchizedek who claims to have taught Thoth and pulls scams like faking Mayan codices.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2732.0

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AdealJustice said:

there no evidence of the original. The ones that are claimed to be the emerald tablets are channeled writings. I don't give much credence to channeled material.

Actually not exactly. 

Although no origin is yet known for sure, the text probably dates back to the first centuries AD and has been around and translated for centuries. 

It's part of the Corpus Hermeticum, translated in Latin for the first time by Marsilio Ficino in 1471 (he was translating Plato at the time, but his Lord Cosimo de' Medici made him interrupt Plato to translate this text) (and by the way, it's thanks to him that Plato came back to Western culture). 

26 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I did find this commentary

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-emerald-tablets-of-thoth-a-lovecraftian-plagiarism

It suggests that Lovecraft was the source of the ideas in the story.

At first I thought this might be associated with Drunvalo Melchizedek who claims to have taught Thoth and pulls scams like faking Mayan codices.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2732.0

For the same reason, it's more probable that Lovecraft took inspiration, rather than the other way around. 

• Like 1

Thoth took malachite pills ?   :o  

Seriously ,  its a dud !     But it relates in a round about way to (or ripped off an idea from )  ;

http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/emerald.htm

I too recommend the book on Bruno ... also, check out Macello Ficino ..... and for a little compendium of easy reading that puts these guys and the hernetic tradition  together in context ;

http://www.harpur.org/PJCHsecretfire.htm

Some of the contours of his map of the imagination are familiar - the ideas of Heraclitus, Plotinus and Plato; Coleridge, Eliot and Hughes; Boehme, Blake and Yeats; Jung and Hillman - and the notion that from the early 17th century, the falling away of an imaginal reality has gathered momentum.  In the process of our increased materialism of value and thought, we have lost vital touch with the anima mundi - the soul of the world - that collective energy which manifests both spiritually and physically and whose neglect has led to our current lack of meaning and beauty.  Banished and suppressed, however, otherworldly realities do not die but return in more disturbing form - the daimonic turns into the demonic - what Yeats called those 'lethargies and cruelties and timidities' whose roots lie in a denial of imagination. "

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Parsec said:

Actually not exactly. 

Although no origin is yet known for sure, the text probably dates back to the first centuries AD and has been around and translated for centuries. 

It's part of the Corpus Hermeticum, translated in Latin for the first time by Marsilio Ficino in 1471 (he was translating Plato at the time, but his Lord Cosimo de' Medici made him interrupt Plato to translate this text) (and by the way, it's thanks to him that Plato came back to Western culture). 

For the same reason, it's more probable that Lovecraft took inspiration, rather than the other way around. 

? ? ? ?  :huh:

The Emerald Tablet of THOTH      is not     ' Tabula Smaragdina,' 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet

https://brotherhoodofthewhitetemple.com/the-emerald-tablets/

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Parsec said:

And I suggest you another interesting reading, maybe a little bit longer (around 500 pages), but surely more serious, rigorous and that doesn't talk nonsense 

Giodano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition

You can find it on Amazon. 

This was an awesome post with an awesome recommendation.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, back to earth said:

? ? ? ?  :huh:

The Emerald Tablet of THOTH      is not     ' Tabula Smaragdina,' 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet

https://brotherhoodofthewhitetemple.com/the-emerald-tablets/

Besides the fantasies in the link you provided (thank you, I wasn't aware of that) theoretically yes, since Hermes Trismegistus should be one of the manifestations of Thoth (or Hermes, or a syncretic combination of both).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve wright said:

http://www.horuscentre.org/library/Hermetism/The_Emerald_Tablets_Of_Thoth.pdf

and one more interesting pdf I just was told about a few weeks ago - the Emerald Tablets of Thoth - predating our "recorded" history - Interesting stuff - Thoth was one of the so called "Gods of Egypt" the tablets have his take on the spiritual side of life - his spacecraft supposedly buried under Giza somewhere and the entrance to where the stored library is also is there

but some pretty interesting reading - only 89 pages or something  - just wondering if anyone has any comments ?

just sharing some stuff from the last month or so

steve

Less "pre-date history" and more "made up in the 8th century".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, back to earth said:

???   'Theoretically yes'  ...  to what  ??? 

To nothing, my bad!

I misread Thoth for the Tabula.

That's what happen when you try to multitask!

the greek version of the text ended up in Arabic hands during the golden age of islam, but those texts were very different from the channeled texts being attributed to the historical documents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

To nothing, my bad!

I misread Thoth for the Tabula.

That's what happen when you try to multitask!

... when men try to multitask   :)  

• Like 1

Hey thanks all  - I don;t like channeled stuff myself - I read the Ra stuff and a friend told me not good and as a christian I had to agree - not good... will look for the bruno book and also was going to post the sacred-text website but back to earth did already and this Doreal guy - not sure - but the stuff in the tablets is certainly not bad stuff  - it is very heavy and drops some clues on spirit and life etc - whether or not Thoth's spaceship is buried at Giza I don't know  - but on the pure good spirit side it is heavy and not a problem for me ... if bad guys have used it for malicious purposes - can't help that - a lot of people have used the bible and christianity for bad purposes of the last 2000 yrs  - war and killing being a couple...  one spooky part is at the end chapter 16 where he has the deal to bring your being with you at time of death to keep your consciousness with you after you die - THAT may be not too cool  - so that may have been what lovecraft or others used.. anyway - will check out some of the links and very cool - thanks all ! 

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_giordano01.htm

heavy duty stuff Giordano Bruno wow born in 1548 and priest in 1565 at 17 years old ! entered the monastery at 13 - yep all big and small - multi universes all living and being at the same time - and maybe thought and light are smaller than one atom ... something like that ... nice 

He once reasoned as follows:

"I can imagine an infinite number of worlds like the earth, with a Garden of Eden on each one. In all these Gardens of Eden, half the Adams and Eves will not eat the fruit of knowledge, but half will. But half of infinity is infinity, so an infinite number of worlds will fall from grace and there will be an infinite number of crucifixions. Therefore, either there is one unique Jesus who goes from one world to another, or there are an infinite number of Jesuses. Since a single Jesus visiting an infinite number of earths one at a time would take an infinite amount of time, there must be an infinite number of Jesuses. Therefore, God must create an infinite number of Christs."

Needless to say, this idea did not go over too big with Church authorities when they got wind of it. Nonetheless, Bruno continued. In an extraordinary tide of information revelation, Bruno pulled the past and the future together as though it were the folds of an infinite curtain. As a physics web site explains,

"The physical world of things is embedded in the infinite, embedded in a space filled with all the other possible worlds... We see a few of those other worlds in the probability waves of quantum mechanics."

Bruno intuited the conditions of such a world as "the coincidence in the One of both the possible and the real."

As both Quantum Theory and Einstein’s Relativity now suggests, we live in a Many Worlds Universe, where all the moments of the past, the present, and future exist simultaneously as part of a single permanent existence. Oddly, Bruno the time traveler had this to say about God and Time:

"The single thought, which is Thy Word, embraces all and each in itself, Thy single word cannot be manifold, opposite, changeable ... In the eternity in which Thou thinkest, coincides all the after another of time, with the now of eternity. There is, therefore, no past nor future where future and past coincide with the present."

(McIntyre)

Giordano Bruno also prefigured the idea of the atom, and smaller still, a unit which was divisible by nothing else, a unit of thought, when he wrote:

"an atom, beyond which we cannot in fact go, although to thought it may be still further divisible; so there is in every figure, in every kind of thing, a definite number of atoms."

(McIntyre)

Today quantum physicists suggest that thought, the act of human attention, is the force that gives birth to possibilities in the world of matter. Scientist Harold McGowan proposed the "thoughtron" to be an atom tinier than any other and to be contained in all things. In his book The Thoughtron Theory of Life and Matter, McGowan proposed that the thoughtron, as the smallest elementary particle, would be the mental bridge between the thought world and formal reality. (McGowan)

Bruno looked toward mathematics and geometry for the true method of natural science, writing that,

"number is the natural and fruitful principle of the understanding’s activity; ... number is the unfolding of understanding."

(McIntyre)

Yet, Bruno also could not "conceive of a philosophy of nature, of number, of geometry, of a diagram, without infusing into these divine meanings." His philosophy was never divorced from divinity. Although he refused dogmatic teachings and always pushed the envelope, he was truly a holy man.

Bruno was the last person the Catholic Church burned at the stake.

I looked up this Harold McGowan who is called a scientist. He was actually a real estate owner in Islip. He wrote a book he called a theory of ..., which has no scientific theory in it. It's a book about scientology using a fake science explanation. He suggests that something exists and makes no effort to support that story. He simply continues to pretend it exists.

I also believe the following is not true.

As both Quantum Theory and Einstein’s Relativity now suggests, we live in a Many Worlds Universe, where all the moments of the past, the present, and future exist simultaneously as part of a single permanent existence.

Relativity certainly does not. QT I am pretty certain does not. You have to be careful with write ups about woo. They tend to state things which are demonstrably wrong.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Bruno was the last person the Catholic Church burned at the stake.

I looked up this Harold McGowan who is called a scientist. He was actually a real estate owner in Islip. He wrote a book he called a theory of ..., which has no scientific theory in it. It's a book about scientology using a fake science explanation. He suggests that something exists and makes no effort to support that story. He simply continues to pretend it exists.

well reading the biblio page who - this Girodano Bruno was the real deal - amazing - he was way out in front - even as good or better than "scientists" today i would say - and the last burnt at teh stake - well that says it all ... 1580's and you even had one thought that didn't jive wit da "church" and that was teh church of Christ ? no fing way the old CC is about as far away as the Christ and JC was to god as anything on this planet... nothing to do with the Christ in my book  - anyway - not to rant or say bad things - but the Inquisition?  how to control all humans in the name of God ? man that is the worst of the worst

5 minutes ago, steve wright said:

well reading the biblio page who - this Girodano Bruno was the real deal - amazing - he was way out in front - even as good or better than "scientists" today i would say - and the last burnt at teh stake - well that says it all ... 1580's and you even had one thought that didn't jive wit da "church" and that was teh church of Christ ? no fing way the old CC is about as far away as the Christ and JC was to god as anything on this planet... nothing to do with the Christ in my book  - anyway - not to rant or say bad things - but the Inquisition?  how to control all humans in the name of God ? man that is the worst of the worst

Bruno had a habit of ticking off people. That is how he ended up being burned in 1600. He wrote a number of heretical works that are in existence today. He ran out of patrons to shield him from the Church. You can see that he was quite a bit more than "even had one thought that didn't jive wit da "church"". He ran afoul in a large number of ways. The fact that he was in trouble with the Church went back years before he was imprisoned in Rome. The wikipedia page lists a number of places where he had to leave due to shall we say personality issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno

but he was his own man all thru it - he refused to recant - it took a lot of faith and courage to tell the inquistion to f off - and it seems he should have staid out of italy

anyway - heavy dude - and heavy stuff   

("Perhaps you pronounce this sentence against me with greater fear than I receive it")

all from wiki - copied and pasted 

"Bruno defended himself as he had in Venice, insisting that he accepted the Church's dogmatic teachings, but trying to preserve the basis of his philosophy. In particular, he held firm to his belief in the plurality of worlds, although he was admonished to abandon it. His trial was overseen by the Inquisitor Cardinal Bellarmine, who demanded a full recantation, which Bruno eventually refused. On 20 January 1600, Pope Clement VIII declared Bruno a heretic and the Inquisition issued a sentence of death. According to the correspondence of Gaspar Schopp of Breslau, he is said to have made a threatening gesture towards his judges and to have replied: Maiori forsan cum timore sententiam in me fertis quam ego accipiam ("Perhaps you pronounce this sentence against me with greater fear than I receive it").[32]

He was turned over to the secular authorities. On 17 February 1600, in the Campo de' Fiori (a central Roman market square), with his "tongue imprisoned because of his wicked words", he was burned at the stake.[33] His ashes were thrown into the Tiber river. All of Bruno's works were placed on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum in 1603. Inquisition cardinals who judged Giordano Bruno were: Cardinal Bellarmino (Bellarmine), Cardinal Madruzzo (Madruzzi), Cardinal Camillo Borghese (later Pope Paul V), Domenico Cardinal Pinelli, Pompeio Cardinal Arrigoni, Cardinal Sfondrati, Pedro Cardinal De Deza Manuel, Cardinal Santorio (Archbishop of Santa Severina, Cardinal-Bishop of Palestrina)."[citation neede"

Edited by steve wright
quotation marks

The reason to bring Bruno into the thread is his interest in Thoth. How does Bruno figure into the emerald tablets story?

Just now, stereologist said:

The reason to bring Bruno into the thread is his interest in Thoth. How does Bruno figure into the emerald tablets story?

ahhh cool question - the 64 thousand dollar question   ok well...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno_and_the_Hermetic_Tradition  so Parsec thru this out and I don't have the book yet - so Bruno must have had access to something to do with Thoth/Hermes or read some of the old tablet stuff .. however - what i have read so far is that Bruno was way up there in spirituality as a human being.. anyone in 1580 that was saying there were many planets- solar systems and Other beings was certainly tuned in to the higher spirit/being.. and of course was way ahead of his time and the church and everyone else... a small part of the Thoth tablets or maybe a good overview of it  - where everything is interconnected - life, planets, solar systems, universes, galaxies, etc... small atom to huge ever expanding galaxies... and all within "god" or ourselves ..something like that in short 

oh and have it here - free pdf volume 2 - took a couple of site to get the free one  - got it  and it works ! 

http://www.aproged.pt/biblioteca/Yatestheartofmemory.pdf

nope this is the art of memory darn