Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

proposed Montreal-area Muslim housing

glorybebe

When you move to someone else country they do not have to chang for you.

I all fine with helping people integrate into a new society. But the society should not have to change because you decided to move there...

• Like 1

I raised my daughter to look at the human race as one people.  I taught her not to judge anyone by their race, sexual orientation or religion.  I hate bigotry of any shape.  But, I am finding myself getting frustrated and extremely concerned with the way things are going with this religion. If they want to believe in their religion, fine.  The problem is they expect so much more rights than anyone else.  When moving to a new country for a new start, you accept the laws and rules of that new country.  You do not start changing it to be like your old country.

• Like 4

Blood oil money is fueling discontent in Western societies...Rather than spend billions on weapons development/war- they spend hundreds of millions to corrupt our politicians. clinton foundation for example.

With the new US discovery of an even larger field than the Bakken, mid east blood oil should be boycotted...Look at how opec recently tried to destroy other economies. Not to mention saudi  9 11.

On 12/3/2016 at 0:04 PM, glorybebe said:

I raised my daughter to look at the human race as one people.  I taught her not to judge anyone by their race, sexual orientation or religion. 

well, one day your daughter will meat their daughters what do you think they teach theirs?

Definitely not going to happen. Québécois dislike zealots, especially Muslim zealots, this kind of project will never pass with the population.

5 hours ago, aztek said:

well, one day your daughter will meat their daughters what do you think they teach theirs?

Read the rest.  I said I was frustrated and concerned about our future with all that is happening.

9 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

Definitely not going to happen. Québécois dislike zealots, especially Muslim zealots, this kind of project will never pass with the population.

The only zealots Québécois approve of is French language zealots.

• Like 1

On 03/12/2016 at 2:23 PM, Ashotep said:

It seems like to me there is no other group that western governments will go so far out of their way to appease.  That needs to stop.

Absolutely.

The problem is that nobody has the balls to deal with these issues. Instead of handling them now, while they are still within controlable measures - if indeed they are still within control - you just know that things will grow worse and worse until something inevitably snaps.

Only today on the BBC - and bear in mind the BBC loves its liberal values and political correctness - there was an article about the current state of multiculturalism and mass immigration in Britain:

Segregation at 'worrying levels' in parts of Britain, Dame Louise Casey warns

"Afraid of being dubbed racist, afraid of losing support, afraid of challenging minority communities - that is Dame Louise Casey's view of Britain's decision-makers."

What will come of this critical report? My guess would be absolutely nothing.

Judging from the OP, Canada seems to be in a similar position.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

*snip*

...What will come of this critical report? My guess would be absolutely nothing.

Judging from the OP, Canada seems to be in a similar position.

No, we really enjoy our differences. There is a level of conflict, true. But it's nothing that will undo our country.

Don't feel special Canada, this story from 2011.

LINK - Muslim group wants sharia law in Australia

The Australian Federation of Islamic Councils wants Muslims to be able to marry, divorce and conduct financial transactions under the principles of sharia law.

In a submission to the Federal Parliament's Committee on Multicultural Affairs, the Federation has asked for the change.

It argues that all Australians would benefit if Islamic laws were adopted as mainstream legislation.

That is not a view shared by many other contributors to the usually low-profile committee.

It has received hundreds of submissions on the topic.

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Don't feel special Canada, this story from 2011.

LINK - Muslim group wants sharia law in Australia

The Australian Federation of Islamic Councils wants Muslims to be able to marry, divorce and conduct financial transactions under the principles of sharia law.

In a submission to the Federal Parliament's Committee on Multicultural Affairs, the Federation has asked for the change.

It argues that all Australians would benefit if Islamic laws were adopted as mainstream legislation.

That is not a view shared by many other contributors to the usually low-profile committee.

It has received hundreds of submissions on the topic.

Just an FYI but in Canada's Lrgest Province Sharia, along with other Religious based Arbitrations/Courts are banned after an attempt of Muslims to institute a Sharia court system under the old Arbitrations Act. The Act was disposed of and now religious courts are of all faiths are banned.

• Like 3