Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SLOVAKIA law bans Islam as a religion

seeder

Slovakia passes law to BAN Islam from being registered as a religion
SLOVAKIA has passed a law which will effectively ban Islam from gaining official status as a religion, in the latest signs of a growing anti-Muslim sentiment across Europe.

The legislation hints at a dramatic changing attitude towards the religion in the past year across the continent, which has struggled to stem the escalating migrant crisis.

The former communist state has fiercely resisted European Union (EU) efforts to cope with an influx of migrants travelling into Europe by turning its back on the bloc’s introduction of migrant quotas.

But prime minister Robert Fico's government has repeatedly said Islam has no place in Slovakia.

Attitudes toward the religion appear to reflect fear of so-called Islamisation.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/738462/Slovakia-law-Islam-ban-registered-religion-Eu-migrant-quota-Muslim-sentiment

• Like 5

Religious wars have happened for as long as religion has existed ........ and they have been some of the most Bloody.  The problem is .... you can't kill a belief.  Out law it and it will just go under ground ....... 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Forever Cursed said:

Religious wars have happened for as long as religion has existed ........ and they have been some of the most Bloody.  The problem is .... you can't kill a belief.  Out law it and it will just go under ground ....... 

yes but the popularity and belief in religion can whither , we can site many religions for this. Do people still believe in the greek and roman gods in their day to day practices? Who knows maybe decades from now Allah will be a day in the week or something :P

• Like 3

Correct if I am wrong but wasn't Islam around before Christianity ?  And I believe they also seriously out number most other religions....  seems like a pretty big concept to just up and fade away.

Edited by Forever Cursed

To clarify, Islam has not been banned in Slovakia.

However, according to the most recent census there are only around 2,000 Muslims in the country (although the Islamic Foundation in Slovakia suggests the current number is nearer 5,000).   This new rule means that this would need to increase to 50,000 before Islam  could be deemed an official "state religion" and qualify for state subsidies and be allowed to run its own schools.   Previously, the figure was 20,000.   ie it makes this less likely to happen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forever Cursed said:

Correct if I am wrong but wasn't Islam around before Christianity ?  And I believe they also seriously out number most other religions....  seems like a pretty big concept to me...

No, Christianity came before but Islam is the fastest growing religion.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Forever Cursed said:

Correct if I am wrong but wasn't Islam around before Christianity ?  And I believe they also seriously out number most other religions....  seems like a pretty big concept to just up and fade away.

No Islam is the most recent sect of the Abrahamic religion, only created in the 7th century

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Spot on the money.

And Muslim armies have invaded Europe on many occasions, here is a good map of events

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

depends on the form of Christianity but yes this is true. Islam is the fastest breeding religion in the world.

• Like 1

It's not surprising is it, for years Muslims all over Europe have complained about everything you can think of, they expect special treatment, though you can say what you like about every other religion a word (Islamophobia) was invented to prevent criticism why did we let this happen? Muslims are going to have to assimilate or move out, stop wearing medieval clothes men and women (there's nothing in the Quran stating they should) wear them on special occasions only make it clear there are no 'Muslim' areas. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Only because of birth rate.

• Like 1

No because of the collapse in the roman empire and the Eastern holy roman empire pretty much collapsed

What do they think they can actually accomplish with this law? Do they think they can ban people from believing something?

You will no longer believe in your religion, because it is unofficial. Lol. It doesn't work that way. And they might not be able to get subsidies for schools, but they shouldn't have been subsidizing religious schools to begin with. 

It really does seem like the whole world is going mad from fear of terrorism. And that's how terrorists win, folks. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

It is the irresponsibility of Islamic leaders and imams that is resulting in these actions. Never have I heard Islamic leaders say to their comunnities , don't have an expansionist mind set, don't preach islam to others or stop saying islam is perfect in every way , stop acting like people need to conform to islam etc. These people live and act like their ideology is superior and then react like victims when people respond with apprehension to their supremacist ways.

You shared that you were Muslim at one time, you said you went from one extreme to another from  Sunni to Wahhabi , were you telling the truth about that? 

21 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Islam is not the fastest growing religion in the world. Islam is the dominant religion of the third world where the birth rate is high. In these same Countries, Muslims are killed if they convert to Christianity.

21 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

depends on the form of Christianity but yes this is true. Islam is the fastest breeding religion in the world.

what is this? it depends on the form?

21 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Only because of birth rate.

A top Iman has told Muslims to use the migrant crisis to breed with European citizens and 'conquer their countries'.

Sheikh Muhammad Ayed gave the speech at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem claiming Europe was only welcoming refugees as a new source of labour.

He said Europe was facing a demographic disaster and urged Muslims to have children with westerners so they could 'trample them underfoot, Allah willing.' 

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

~

why was Jesus White?

~

wut ??

He was Jew.  Yeshua / Jesus the Messiah was a Jew, what about it?

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

He was Jew.  Yeshua / Jesus the Messiah was a Jew, what about it?

You wanna umbrella ella ella ?

~

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You wanna umbrella ella ella ?

~

Not the one that he went under.

Named Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr after his father 

Later, Ali announced: “Cassius Clay is a slave name. I didn’t choose it and I don’t want it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/muhammad-ali-death-cassius-clay-why-did-he-change-his-name-nation-of-islam-a7065256.html

Edited by Ellapennella

9 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Named Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr after his father 

Later, Ali announced: “Cassius Clay is a slave name. I didn’t choose it and I don’t want it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/muhammad-ali-death-cassius-clay-why-did-he-change-his-name-nation-of-islam-a7065256.html

So ? What about it ?

You wanna kill him for converting to Islam now ?

~

• Like 1

Who cares about radical Islam when the new bogeyman is the "Red Scare" Russia? The not so funny part is that Russians aren't moving to other countries randomly attacking innocent citizens. Democrats have been bound and determined to oust Assad and go toe to toe with Russia for some time now. But, Obama has proven to be a warmonger his entire time in office so it should really be no surprise.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You shared that you were Muslim at one time, you said you went from one extreme to another from  Sunni to Wahhabi , were you telling the truth about that? 

Looking back, I don't see a huge difference between Sunnism and Wahabism, both are equally strict with one limiting ritualism and the other accepting it. Yes I believed in both for for a period of time. Thankfully I do not and have not for several years.  What reason would I have to lie?

51 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Islam is the dominant religion of the third world where the birth rate is high

the same applies to Christianity. in the West it is decreasing. The third world is what keeps both regressive religions booming due to birth rates and lack of education. Why close ur eyes to Christianity's parallels in this regard? maybe because you have more allegiance to one belief and non to the other? Obviously no bias there.

52 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

what is this? it depends on the form?

Ever heard of sects? Earlier Christian sects were different to the modern form. In fact the divination of Christ occurred at the Council of Nicaea... certain pagan elements and holidays were assimilated into Christianity such a Easter..  Forms of popular Christian sects such Catholicism, Protestantism ,etc developed with time. It started with likely a Jewish sect which through time turned into Christianity.. after all Yeshua was Jewish.

as for your latter posts they come off even kookier than the earlier ones... seriously. 

• Like 3