Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can speak to spirits. Looking for advice

TooterFish

13 hours ago, TooterFish said:

hen again I could be crazy as I often tell myself I must be. Just to give you some info I am an engineer and an atheist so you can see how this is a dilemma that wars with my world view. I wish I could discount it and move on but there is enough evidence for me to be unable to dimiss this as my own delusion. This is one of the main reasons I decided to reach out. I want to understand exactly what this is and how it works and was hopping to find someone like me who could shed some light on it. 

take a look at this alternative science I have https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread148069.html .  I have an invention made out of elastic but I don't know if its useful to the science yet. I'm giving it a rough test so I'll let you know if anything happens.

Hey @-ZZ- have u been looking at this?

14 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

Hey @-ZZ- have u been looking at this?

I skimmed it, but I have nothing of any note to contribute.

• Like 1

Just now, -ZZ- said:

I skimmed it, but I have nothing of any note to contribute.

a thought of mine at best but i appreciate ur response! i was improper to rush in to thinking you might have a view on this subject 

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 9:59 PM, Rlyeh said:

Are these spirits forgetful? What happens when they move on?

They can be forgetful when it comes to their past. Once they have collected themselves enough to communicate coherently they seem to have the same cognitive abilities as anyone. With that said, I would say that many that attempt to communicate are not very good at it. I am unsure of the amount of effort needed but to some it seems monumental. 

The moving on part is as much of a mystery to them as it is to us. Many are frightened of it, but I do know it's relatively simple for them, they just need to let go and then they are gone or at least gone to me. Please keep in mind, I am not an expert on any of this and only know what I have experienced.

Great questions by the way.  I wish i had better answers or someone else here did. I know most of the posts here have been skeptics and I would be a skeptic myself if I didn't have a daily reminder of how very real it is for me. 

So you never had a friend or family member contact you? Isn't that a bit odd?

Have you ever had contact with spirit animals?

Here's some questions I've wanted answers to for years if I were to assume ghosts were real. And I never understood why no self proclaimed ghost whisperer ever asks such important questions. Instead they ask stupid stuff, like what is your name..etc. Screw that, tell us what we can expect to experience after we are dead.

1. What do ghosts do all day/night? No TV, no internet, games...nothing. What do you do for all eternity or is it even eternity?
  2. Do ghosts sleep? If not which seems logical, then that's 24/7 that you would be awake for eternity? ....Man that would want to make a ghost end it all..but they can't? That would suck
  3. If animal ghosts exist. Do I have to fear floating around with a Great White Shark ghost chasing me? What about a T-Rex, how does a ghost avoid a ghost T-Rex?
  4. Do ghosts that were children when they died, do they grow, learn? Are they forever stuck at that age?

Frankly, nothing about an afterlife seems very plausible or natural. There's nothing about the idea that would make any real sense. It's very existence defeats the purpose of a physical world to begin with. Also, has anyone that has listened to a ton of EVP's over the years ever notice how so many of them don't really make much sense. They are short words or sentences, often unrelated to the excitement of successful communication. If a living person finally acknowledged that they heard you, wouldn't you have something more legitimate to say than the weird crap that is normally said? I heard one clearly that said a person's name, then nothing ever again...so why address someone then say nothing if they heard you?...I could go on but would be nice if someone would ask ghosts some better questions.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

Here's some questions I've wanted answers to for years if I were to assume ghosts were real. And I never understood why no self proclaimed ghost whisperer ever asks such important questions. Instead they ask stupid stuff, like what is your name..etc. Screw that, tell us what we can expect to experience after we are dead.

1. What do ghosts do all day/night? No TV, no internet, games...nothing. What do you do for all eternity or is it even eternity?
  2. Do ghosts sleep? If not which seems logical, then that's 24/7 that you would be awake for eternity? ....Man that would want to make a ghost end it all..but they can't? That would suck
  3. If animal ghosts exist. Do I have to fear floating around with a Great White Shark ghost chasing me? What about a T-Rex, how does a ghost avoid a ghost T-Rex?
  4. Do ghosts that were children when they died, do they grow, learn? Are they forever stuck at that age?

Frankly, nothing about an afterlife seems very plausible or natural. There's nothing about the idea that would make any real sense. It's very existence defeats the purpose of a physical world to begin with. Also, has anyone that has listened to a ton of EVP's over the years ever notice how so many of them don't really make much sense. They are short words or sentences, often unrelated to the excitement of successful communication. If a living person finally acknowledged that they heard you, wouldn't you have something more legitimate to say than the weird crap that is normally said? I heard one clearly that said a person's name, then nothing ever again...so why address someone then say nothing if they heard you?...I could go on but would be nice if someone would ask ghosts some better questions.

Good point, the people you call "ghost whisperers" seemingly would not be journalists. Cut to the chase, give us the guts of the situation. However, allowing the validity of your complaint, it may well be that nothing can be conveyed that would make sense to us, stuck as we are in this reality, not their (possibly) altogether different reality.

Tell the sprits to have the guitar gods to shine on me and make me a great guitar player

Are you of an age to have imaginary friends?  Did you when  you were younger?

You are probably pretty safe in public if you talk to spirits, wear a Bluetooth earpiece.  People will think you are talking on the phone and not give you a second look. Enjoy the company, you may not always have the ability.

1 hour ago, NightScreams said:

How about I bake your noodle a little bit.  Let's assume for a moment that I am not crazy and I am actually contacting beings on a different plane. Let's suspend all skepticism(including my own) for a moment and just look at what I have experienced. 

Lets say that this communication is like a mind share and only a small fraction of it is translated into language. The rest coming through in a rush of feelings and disjointed fragments of imagery. I often have to sort it out before I get the entire picture. 

Now on to your questions. I will answer them the best that I can. Please keep in mind I only know what I have been told.  I would also like to preface the answers by saying that I am almost positive that the beings I am able to contact are those that are still bound to this world for some reason or another. Think of it as if I have a direct line to a phone at a train station where these beings are either waiting for or avoiding the next train.  Once they board it I am no longer able to contact them.  Still with me? 

Ok

1 and 2) What do they do all day and night? Do they sleep?

I have asked this question lots of times and have gotten several different answers. I will tell you about one spirit in particular. Her name is Donna and she said she liked to watch children playing and she spent most of her time doing that. When she was not watching them she said she rested. I asked her what that meant for her and was it like sleeping. Her answer was that in a way it was like sleeping but the best way she could describe it was like meditation.  Mostly what I gathered from that was it was hard for her to put it into terms that I would understand. She made a point of telling me several times while I was asking my questions that she was not like me and her world was not like mine.  

3. I do not think there are animal ghosts though I have never asked. So let me get back to you on that.  

4. I have met a being that I immeaditly recognized as being a child or having a childlike mentality.  I asked her what age she was when she passed and she told me that she was 9 years old. I spoke with her on several different occasions and she would tell me that it was raining outside and ask if I would go out barefoot in the wet grass so she could feel it.  She also asked me turn on cartoons for her and would want me to read to her.  This is also the being that told me about my backdoor being painted while I was at work. She thought it was pretty.  One day after being in contact with her for about a month or so she was simply gone. I tried to reach out to her several times and got nothing.   My hope is she found peace and moved on.  

The stuff about EVP I don't know anything about. I can say however, that reaching out to us in anyway takes a lot of energy and focus from them and often at the end of extended sessions of contact they will often tell me they need to rest. As a side note here I also feel extremely tired at the end of these sessions like I have been up for several days without sleep. I have no idea what this means or what makes me so tired but I normally need to take a nap.  I have tried several experiments with varying the time of day or using a stimulant before and after but the result is always the same. There is a direct correlation between the length of the session and how exhausted I am afterwards. 

Great questions and if I can gather anymore insight I will share it in this thread. 

If anyone else here has anything at all to add about this topic that has any experiences that are similar to mine please please please either comment or message me. It would be nice to know that I am not alone or crazy. 

30 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you of an age to have imaginary friends?  Did you when  you were younger?

You are probably pretty safe in public if you talk to spirits, wear a Bluetooth earpiece.  People will think you are talking on the phone and not give you a second look. Enjoy the company, you may not always have the ability.

I do no speak to them out loud. The communication is direct.  Like having a conversation with yourself in your mind but the responses are not your own. I use my hand like auto writing to be able to tell when they are speaking. I hear the thought but the hand movements help me keep my mental voice and theirs separate. Though as time has gone on I need the hand movements less and less because I can quiet my mind enough to hear the separate voice.  Also, there is the feeling and imagery that comes along with it. This also helps me tell that it is not a thought from my conscious mind. 

Like I have stated previously here, I could be just plain crazy, so take what you want from it. I am not here to convince anyone. I came looking for advice and help.

Edited by TooterFish
I suck at typing in my phone.

41 minutes ago, coolguy said:

Tell the sprits to have the guitar gods to shine on me and make me a great guitar player

For that my friend you need to practice. I am a guitar player as well and greatness is a function of time and persistence. 

No one but you can make you great 

17 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

So you never had a friend or family member contact you? Isn't that a bit odd?

Have you ever had contact with spirit animals?

I have not had a friend or family memeber contact me and i do find it odd, but it has only been the last few years that I have been able to establish strong connections and I have not had anyone pass that's close to me in that time frame. 

I have not had any contact with spirit animals and I am not sure what that is exactly. 

When it comes to the traditional paranormal psychic stuff I must admit that I am ignorant to the field as a whole.  I only know what I have experienced and have never really delved into the literature as I feel like most of it is either way off the mark or just something written to make a buck.

if you have any suggestions as to some things  I should read please share. 

1 hour ago, TooterFish said:

I have not had a friend or family memeber contact me and i do find it odd, but it has only been the last few years that I have been able to establish strong connections and I have not had anyone pass that's close to me in that time frame. 

Why would they need to pass during the time you had this ability?

40 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Why would they need to pass during the time you had this ability?

Because, if you read through the other posts I have made on this thread you would see that as far as I can tell it seems that I am able to only contact those that have not moved on. In other words those that are still bound to this plane like the recently deceased or those that have just chosen to not move on yet for what ever reasons they have.  Those that are at peace or rest or moved on...or however you want to say it, seem to be gone or ignore me.  Whatever the reason or the why that is how it works for me as far as I understand it. Hope that clarifies it for you.  

18 hours ago, TooterFish said:

How about I bake your noodle a little bit.  Let's assume for a moment that I am not crazy and I am actually contacting beings on a different plane. Let's suspend all skepticism(including my own) for a moment and just look at what I have experienced. 

Lets say that this communication is like a mind share and only a small fraction of it is translated into language. The rest coming through in a rush of feelings and disjointed fragments of imagery. I often have to sort it out before I get the entire picture. 

Now on to your questions. I will answer them the best that I can. Please keep in mind I only know what I have been told.  I would also like to preface the answers by saying that I am almost positive that the beings I am able to contact are those that are still bound to this world for some reason or another. Think of it as if I have a direct line to a phone at a train station where these beings are either waiting for or avoiding the next train.  Once they board it I am no longer able to contact them.  Still with me? 

Ok

1 and 2) What do they do all day and night? Do they sleep?

I have asked this question lots of times and have gotten several different answers. I will tell you about one spirit in particular. Her name is Donna and she said she liked to watch children playing and she spent most of her time doing that. When she was not watching them she said she rested. I asked her what that meant for her and was it like sleeping. Her answer was that in a way it was like sleeping but the best way she could describe it was like meditation.  Mostly what I gathered from that was it was hard for her to put it into terms that I would understand. She made a point of telling me several times while I was asking my questions that she was not like me and her world was not like mine.  

3. I do not think there are animal ghosts though I have never asked. So let me get back to you on that.  

4. I have met a being that I immeaditly recognized as being a child or having a childlike mentality.  I asked her what age she was when she passed and she told me that she was 9 years old. I spoke with her on several different occasions and she would tell me that it was raining outside and ask if I would go out barefoot in the wet grass so she could feel it.  She also asked me turn on cartoons for her and would want me to read to her.  This is also the being that told me about my backdoor being painted while I was at work. She thought it was pretty.  One day after being in contact with her for about a month or so she was simply gone. I tried to reach out to her several times and got nothing.   My hope is she found peace and moved on.  

The stuff about EVP I don't know anything about. I can say however, that reaching out to us in anyway takes a lot of energy and focus from them and often at the end of extended sessions of contact they will often tell me they need to rest. As a side note here I also feel extremely tired at the end of these sessions like I have been up for several days without sleep. I have no idea what this means or what makes me so tired but I normally need to take a nap.  I have tried several experiments with varying the time of day or using a stimulant before and after but the result is always the same. There is a direct correlation between the length of the session and how exhausted I am afterwards. 

Great questions and if I can gather anymore insight I will share it in this thread. 

If anyone else here has anything at all to add about this topic that has any experiences that are similar to mine please please please either comment or message me. It would be nice to know that I am not alone or crazy. 

So I can look forward to being bored a lot for all eternity? I mean no matter what you do, you get tired of it to some extent eventually. To even think of being conscious for eternity sounds depressing but one could hope that time perception is very different. I take it from #4 that one does not learn nor grow mentally. That too is a depressing though so, no offense, hopefully you are just crazy and none of that is real.

Edited by NightScreams

43 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

So I can look forward to being bored a lot for all eternity? I mean no matter what you do, you get tired of it to some extent eventually. To even think of being conscious for eternity sounds depressing but one could hope that time perception is very different. I take it from #4 that one does not learn nor grow mentally. That too is a depressing though so, no offense, hopefully you are just crazy and none of that is real.

As I said in the beginning that I believe that those that I am able to contact are ones that haven't moved on yet. Like they are here for only a certain amount of time. Maybe it's like a like an inbetween this world and the next. 

Obviously I am not certain of any of this but that is the most plausible explanation because I don't think you would be stuck as a child for eternity.  That would be awful and is counterintuitive to the concept of an afterlife. 

Anywas, take what you will from what I have shared but I feel like I am repeating myself a lot. If you are only skimming my replies then please take the time to read what I have taken the time to share. You missed a few key points. 

I've always found it funny that when people say they see ghost all the time. They never think. Is a ghost watching me in the shower, while I'm on the toilet, or doing that other thing;)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've always found it funny that when people say they see ghost all the time. They never think. Is a ghost watching me in the shower, while I'm on the toilet, or doing that other thing;)?

Rofl that is a good one.  Way to add some much needed levity. 

4 minutes ago, TooterFish said:

Rofl that is a good one.  Way to add some much needed levity. 

I'm serious. No one ever thinks about that. I mean if ghost are real maybe they spend their time perving on the living? Maybe that's the origin of ectoplasm.:blink:

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm serious. No one ever thinks about that. I mean if ghost are real maybe they spend their time perving on the living? Maybe that's the origin of ectoplasm.:blink:

I've thought about it many times, yeah. Doesn't bother me or stop me for that matter hehe. I've theorized that it's plausible or likely that they can intercept your brain's signals and experience what you experience. So while your having sex with your partner, they are too. While you eat that steak, they can taste it too. They would be energy so seems natural to be able to coincide with brain's electrical signals perhaps?