Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can speak to spirits. Looking for advice

TooterFish

I have been able to speak to spirits most of my life and I have always kept this to myself but I feel like I need to reach out to find others like me to share and possibly learn from. 

quick breakdown of my experiences or interactions. 

I have only ever seen spirits a very few times and it was very brief. still not positive I saw anything but that could just be the rational part of my mind trying to explain it away  

i can feel spirits when they communicate with me.  I can quickly tell their emotional state and gender this way.  I can also feel them make physical contact, it does not feel like someone touching me but rather a sensation of warmth or tingling of some kind.  

i can tell when a spirit is around me and wishes to talk it's like an itch or feeling like I need to do something.  

Anyways I could write a book here but that is the basics.  I am most interested in speaking and sharing with those who have similar experiences and gaining some insight into what exactly I am doing.  If there is any interest I will share more. 

Thanks for reading 

• Like 1

Can you give an example of how one of these conversations went?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What an excellent question ! I hope you get an excellent answer.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I would be glad to. Please keep in mind that this paraphrased from my memory but I will do my best to be as accurate as possible.

Recently i was at a park near my home and I was sitting on the grass relaxing and enjoying the unseasonably warm weather when I felt that itch. So I asked if there was someone who wanted to speak with me. 

Spirit: "Hello, I would like to speak to you". 

Me: "Hi its nice to meet you what's your name?"

spirit: "Candy and I like to have fun"

Me: (I have met another spirit before that called herself Candy and I wanted to see if this spirit was someone that I had talked to before) "Candy, have I spoken to you before?"

Spirit: "no"

me: "is Candy your actual name?"

Spirit: "No, but I like it, it's fun."

Me: "Can you tell me your real name?"

Spirit: " I don't want to"

Me: "Ok, i know a spirit who calls herself candy and it's confusing to me if you use the same name can you pick something else?"

Spirit: "call me Hannah" 

Me: "Ok, it's nice to meet you Hannah"

Hannah: "let's have fun" 

Me: "what do you mean by fun"

Hannah: "like this"  

at this point I feel a warm sensation on my leg and then neck

Me: "what are you doing Hannah?"

Hannah: "did you feel that?"

Me: "Yes, but let's talk. This is my space and I didn't invite you to do that."

Hannah: "Sorry, you are just not like others I get to talk to. You don't seem afraid or think I am evil"

Me: " why would they think that?"

Hannah: "because sometimes I am naughty and I tell them the things they are afraid to hear"

me: "can you give me an example "

Hannah: "well sometimes I tell them I am a Demon and say scary things, it's pretty funny"

Me: "That sounds like a mean thing to do"

Hannah:" well, they shouldn't be so afraid before they even talk to me."

Me: Ok ok, so do you want to tell me about yourself?"

Hannah: "not really, I don't like to talk about it"

Me: I understand, can you tell me why?"

Hannah: "Well....(long pause without a response)"

Me: "Hannah, are you still wanting to talk?"

Hannah: "this conversation isn't fun anymore I think I am going to leave"

i got her to talk a bit more about random things but I could tell that she was not interested in talking to me much more after that.  This is a small example of a simple conversation with a random spirit that I met. 

I have found most do not like to share their actual names or their history, or what their current state is like. It seems to depress them or make them disinterested in talking further.

im gonna recommend you speak to a doctor.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AdealJustice said:

im gonna recommend you speak to a doctor.  

I often wonder the same thing but i have had experiences where a spirit has told of things that I would have no way of knowing. I once had a spirit tell me they liked the blue color of my back door. I got home from work and the landlord had painted our backdoor a deep blue and it was previously dark green. I had no way of knowing this or that my landlord was planning on painting anything,  and therefore it couldn't have come from my mind. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TooterFish said:

I would be glad to. Please keep in mind that this paraphrased from my memory but I will do my best to be as accurate as possible.

Recently i was at a park near my home and I was sitting on the grass relaxing and enjoying the unseasonably warm weather when I felt that itch. So I asked if there was someone who wanted to speak with me. 

Spirit: "Hello, I would like to speak to you". 

Me: (I have met another spirit before that called herself Candy and I wanted to see if this spirit was someone that I had talked to before) "Candy, have I spoken to you before?"

Spirit: "no"

me: "is Candy your actual name?"

Spirit: "No, but I like it, it's fun."

Me: "Can you tell me your real name?"

Spirit: " I don't want to"

Me: "Ok, i know a spirit who calls herself candy and it's confusing to me if you use the same name can you pick something else?"

Spirit: "call me Hannah" 

Me: "Ok, it's nice to meet you Hannah"

Hannah: "let's have fun" 

Me: "what do you mean by fun"

Hannah: "like this"  

at this point I feel a warm sensation on my leg and then neck

Me: "what are you doing Hannah?"

Hannah: "did you feel that?"

Me: "Yes, but let's talk. This is my space and I didn't invite you to do that."

Hannah: "Sorry, you are just not like others I get to talk to. You don't seem afraid or think I am evil"

Me: " why would they think that?"

Hannah: "because sometimes I am naughty and I tell them the things they are afraid to hear"

me: "can you give me an example "

Hannah: "well sometimes I tell them I am a Demon and say scary things, it's pretty funny"

Me: "That sounds like a mean thing to do"

Hannah:" well, they shouldn't be so afraid before they even talk to me."

Me: Ok ok, so do you want to tell me about yourself?"

Hannah: "not really, I don't like to talk about it"

Me: I understand, can you tell me why?"

Hannah: "Well....(long pause without a response)"

Me: "Hannah, are you still wanting to talk?"

Hannah: "this conversation isn't fun anymore I think I am going to leave"

i got her to talk a bit more about random things but I could tell that she was not interested in talking to me much more after that.  This is a small example of a simple conversation with a random spirit that I met. 

I have found most do not like to share their actual names or their history, or what their current state is like. It seems to depress them or make them disinterested in talking further.

Have you ever had contact with someone you know?

And do you have any opinions on why some don't want to tell you their names?

Edited by Kismit
Because spelling is my nemisisis
  • Like 1

Just now, Kismit said:

Have you ever had contact with someone you know?

And do you have any opinions on why some don't want to tell you there names?

I have not had contact with anyone I know and I have asked a few spirits that I have talked with often about why i haven't been able to do this. The answer I most get is that they are too newly passed on and are confused about their current state and who they actually are. So according to them it would be difficult for them to locate me and if they did they wouldn't be able to communicate very well as it takes a lot of energy and focus for them to be able to do so. 

The reason I am most often given for not being given their name is that it is painful to remember and would rather not share it. most of them seem to be firmly against looking back and only want to not feel alone. It's hard to press them when I feel like It would hurt them. They seem to be having a difficult enough time as it is. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask 

• Like 1

Alright let's make this a quick test. Ask one of your spirit friends what's Xenofish's first name. You've got one shot make it count.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Alright let's make this a quick test. Ask one of your spirit friends what's Xenofish's first name. You've got one shot make it count.

I would love to have that ability. How would they be able to know your name? Just because they are spirits doesn't mean they can pick you out of billions of people based on your user ID on an Internet forum. Furthermore, I never claimed to be a psychic or that communicating with spirits provided me with any abilities. I merely speak with beings that are not of me and I came here hoping to gain some insight into how it works or what it is. 

I feel like a flashlight in the dark searching for answers in a world that I don't understand. I am just a listener and sometimes friend. There is nothing special about what I do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TooterFish said:

I would love to have that ability. How would they be able to know your name? Just because they are spirits doesn't mean they can pick you out of billions of people based on your user ID on an Internet forum. Furthermore, I never claimed to be a psychic or that communicating with spirits provided me with any abilities. I merely speak with beings that are not of me and I came here hoping to gain some insight into how it works or what it is. 

I feel like a flashlight in the dark searching for answers in a world that I don't understand. I am just a listener and sometimes friend. There is nothing special about what I do. 

Fair comment, I did not see any claims of omniscient spirits in conference !:lol:

• Like 1

Have you ever tried to help any of these ghosts move on? I've heard people claim that ghosts are spirits that are stuck for one reason or another. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Have you ever tried to help any of these ghosts move on? I've heard people claim that ghosts are spirits that are stuck for one reason or another. 

I have tried and I am not sure if it has been successful or not. Though the ones that I tried to help I never spoke to again afterwards except one. I had a spirit that called himself Steve, he was rather unpleasant to talk to. Not scary or malicious just more like a cranky old man.  He was clingy and controlling in the sense that he would try to keep me from talking to other spirits.  Finally I got fed up and worked for months trying to get him to leave me alone. By the end of this he had admitted he was afraid of moving on and afraid of not being around me. To him I was like a bit of debris that he was clinging on to for dear life.  He was possessive because he thought he would lose his connection to me and become adrift again. I was the first and only person he had talked to and he told me repeaditly he could not let go or let me go because he did not know what would happen to him. I finally had to force him away and whenever he would show up again I would immediately break contact and tell him he was not welcome.  It took almost a year for him to finally leave, but he still "visits" as he calls it but these are becoming less and less frequent.  

Needless to say I digressed a bit but I feel like I must have helped some of them but I have no way of knowing.  I do hope they found peace. 

Have you ever asked one of them to do something at some other location, as a test?

In other words, is there any actual evidence of what you are claiming? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Have you ever asked one of them to do something at some other location, as a test?

You naughty boy. A thinly-veiled, "I don't believe a word of this" ! So you want witnesses ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You naughty boy. A thinly-veiled, "I don't believe a word of this" ! So you want witnesses ?

Who, Moi?  Never.  If this happened to me, I'd desperately *want* to prove it to naysayers - and just telling stories, no matter how cool those stories may be, will not help in that regard.  So I'd think up some way to actually prove it - if you want examples I can make some suggestions...

..but if the OP isn't wanting to do anything like that then I shall not bother, and politely bow out, leaving the obvious implication for others to consider...

:)

• Like 1

I'd bet the house on him not being able to demonstrate it. That would not establish it as an imposture, though.

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Could you be a bit more specific about do something at some other location?  

I have already explained that I was told about the change to my house while I was at work that a spirit described to me. 

If you are saying that I should have them interact with the physical world in some way. Sadly, this is something that as far as I understand they cannot do. 

I could try some experiment but I would need it to be in a place that I know and would have to contact them there first to give them a point of reference.   They describe their connnection to this plane by connections to people. When I ask them how they find me they say I am like a light in the dark and they are drawn to it. 

I will be completely honest that I am not positive that information or knowledge I have tried to gain over the years is accurate in any way. I know spirits or these other beings to enjoy telling half truths and to delight in being purposefully cryptic. 

I will again repeat I have zero special abilities. I only communicate. If you try listening you may find yourselves able to hear them as well. It will be messy at first and often times confusing but as you learn to quiet your mind you will start to find it easier and more coherent. I will also say that it is not an audible voice but one in your mind or just outside like someone whispering in your ear. 

then again I could be crazy as I often tell myself I must be. Just to give you some info I am an engineer and an atheist so you can see how this is a dilemma that wars with my world view. I wish I could discount it and move on but there is enough evidence for me to be unable to dimiss this as my own delusion. This is one of the main reasons I decided to reach out. I want to understand exactly what this is and how it works and was hopping to find someone like me who could shed some light on it. 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, TooterFish said:

Could you be a bit more specific about do something at some other location?  

I have already explained that I was told about the change to my house while I was at work that a spirit described to me. 

If you are saying that I should have them interact with the physical world in some way. Sadly, this is something that as far as I understand they cannot do. ....

And yet they can affect your brainwaves......?

ALL of your anecdotes have involved things that we cannot possibly verify.  Telling us stuff about what happened at your house was an after-the-event thing, and obviously could be just be a story or a false memory.  We ALL have false memories..  So until you 'test' your spirits by asking them to tell you something you could not possibly know, and getting a credible witness to the verification of that, is why I mentioned the other location thing.

But this has been attempted by innumerable others and NEVER has it been successful.  Hence my skepticism.  Hint, a prediction here before the event was verified, followed by a statutory declaration from a JP who wuitnessed the whole event/process might garner my interest.  But why do you think you are 'the one' who can do what no-ne has ever done before?

Anyway, I'll bow out - if you wish to keep believing that's fine, but if you want to be taken seriously by skeptics/science/the legal system, etc, then you need to apply some pretty basic and pretty obvious methodologies and rules regarding what is useful 'evidence' and how things get proved beyond reasonable doubt.  If these spriits don't want to play by any of those rules, then all I can say is gosh, that's pretty inconvenient/unfortunate.  They may as well not exist.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TooterFish said:

Me:

candy.png

Edited by NightScreams
  • Like 3

Well OP read the link in my signature. Might shed some light on this ghost business. I'm not convinced but meh I rarely am.

• Like 1

I think this ability is probably like a burden.  I would only offer the OP that he set up clear boundaries for the types of spirits that would be a pest like "Steve" was..  Sent TooterFish a message (check your inbox). 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Duh....it's Xeno.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SSilhouette said:

I think this ability is probably like a burden.  I would only offer the OP that he set up clear boundaries for the types of spirits that would be a pest like "Steve" was..  Sent TooterFish a message (check your inbox). 

Oh my...

Are these spirits forgetful? What happens when they move on?