Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do we like shiny things ?

UM-Bot

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• brlesq1

• rashore

• Ashotep

Popular Days

Interesting. I like shiny, but as I've gotten older, I seem to be more into matte.

While I dislike jewelry and 'bling' of any sort, I do get gold fever.

As in mesmerised almost by the sight of it. It needs to be an expanse of it though, and it's got absolutely nothing to do with avarice or financial value, a 50p sheet of gold leaf will look to me like a force of nature and keep me staring, whereas an 18ct Rolex just looks tasteless.

It's the colour, the warmth and the glow, it just seems to radiate some sort of power to me. If I went into a room of bullion I genuinely think I'd shut down. I completely understand why it was revered in the past. 

this just reminded me of that quote from barney from how I met your mother lol 

what is one thing that fish and women are attracted too. shiny objects.

nah but honestly i think just shiny objects are just something animals and humans are just captivated by by nature.

There is something about light and color. Sit in a darkened living room or or family room, just for awhile, with just the Christmas tree lights on this season.There is something very comforting in, don't know why.