Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expedition: Plains of Abraham

dancingvendetta

HI guys,

Next week I am going on a trip with my buddies to the plains of Abraham in Quebec City, Canada. We are hoping to find something extraordinary there. You would know if you know about the battle of the plains of Abraham. 

Last weekend , I stepped into some kind of geological instrument in my friend's basement. It is an overhauser magnetometer , the ones people typically use for finding mineral deposits and archaeological studies. I 'm learning how to use it. We'll be using it to scan the areas for relics. I hope this journey will be fruitful and we could find some hidden treasures.

It is also one of the haunted places in Canada, so wish us good luck. I will keep you guys updated about our findings and experiences.

Share your thoughts and suggestions for our journey. 

Edited by dancingvendetta
  • Like 1

Good luck and happy haunting digging

• Like 1

There's already two inches of snow here in Quebec City, so bring your snowshoes. It may all melt away by next week, or it may be up to 20 inches. They announce more snow this week... And the land could be frozen, so maybe you won't be able to dig.

Also go "Chez Ashton" and order a real poutine, there are franchises all over the city. XD

I think that the National Battlefields Commission might have something to say about it.

• Like 1

They probably have combed everything over anyway and with about 12cm of snow over a frozen ground, our friend here won't "dig" for long. They announce even colder weather next week.

But it's still Quebec City in December, so it's not a lost trip, although I would work out a plan B right away.

B97107239Z.120121115074444000GQI1OFIR.11

Stoneham is open for ski and snowboard, you can skate in Place d'Youville, tea party at le Château Frontenac. The ghost tour is still working although on slow schedule. There will be one on Saturday, December 17th, at 20:00, if you are interested.

• Like 1

Guys, sorry we didn't go. The weather is not in favor at the moment. :( We have decided to postpone it until Spring. 

• Like 1

I though so, unfortunately for you. However, use the winter to study the maps more and see where to test you equipment. Les Plaines d'Abraham are vaste. Also, be wary of the underground electrical and anchorage installations for the outdoor stages, they are probably made of metal too.

Plus, notice that the main battle ground have been build over a long time ago. As seen on this map, "Les Plaines d'Abraham de nos jours", the teal oval at the bottom of the map, represent what is left of building free land...

761px-Plains2009-fr.svg.png