Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Santa vs Jesus board game 'blasphemous'

Still Waters

12 minutes ago, and then said:

one thing ALL those denominations usually have in common are a belief in the Godhood of Christ.

There are a small % of "Christians" that are a part of sects that believe Jesus was human and simply a messiah of gods. A small number lower than 3% of the total Christian population but that still amounts to millions.  So  not "ALL" of them believe in a man god.

If one believes he is GOD then it would be difficult for his creation to justly rage against his "ego".

Huh? i think i need to reiterate. "For a universal deity he seems to exhibit quite the human ego" As in very limited human quality for a so called universal deity.

For those who reject his Godhood then nothing seems to be excessive

Huh? what r u on about.

His message is VERY clear.  Very simple

If you say so, 2000 years later , 1000+ sects later, etc etc. Yup So simple. Again like the Islamic doctrine, 1400 years, so perfect, clear simple, yet not at all at the same time. Baseless claims for self soothing.

People just have to decide to accept it or reject it and once the decision is made, hope for the best

Yes. Most of the intelligent DO reject it. Most of the "believers" aka the brainwashed were born into it, raised in it, brainwashed since childhood to believe in it, believe out of fear ( hell , wrath of god) ,etc...

I'm also aware that in not ONE case did they truthfully use holy scripture to justify their deeds

So you have a better understanding of the Christian faith than the earliest churches , believers did? Sounds legit.

Many here love to point to OT scriptures where the God of Israel demands total annihilation of peoples yet don't seem to register the fact that unless a person was of THOSE particular groups at THAT particular time, no such command was ever generally given

So Divine genocide was ok as long as you were commanded by some voice to do it to your own people? again, sounds legit .

You genuinely believe your Christ, your bible > 812034017407120921 other claimed deities, claimed divine beings, claimed divine scriptures?
it takes a certain level of brainwashing / cognitive dissonance to maintain that stance in todays world.

Edited by AdealJustice

4 hours ago, Horta said:

Actually, I'm not obliged to do anything or submit to any rules you make up.

Well, yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with this other than me being a mod.  The rules I talked about are those of rational discussion, not my own.  If those were my own rules, there would be precious few people on this site I could converse with.

They obviously didn't know what jesus looked like, so they got someone to give him up. If they had known, they wouldn't have needed this.

Wow, that's exactly what I said, but in your words.

This says nothing (outside of your imagination) as to what he might have actually looked like, or not.

It says that he didn't have anything sufficiently distinctive that would set him apart at a distance.  They literally needed someone to go straight up to him to tell who they were after.

No more, no less.

He might have been extremely ugly, tall, fat, or something else but at the risk of dragging the wrong ugly, tall, or fat  person off needed someone who knew. For all you, I, or anyone else knows. That is the point, no one knows (despite your claim to know).

I take it you don't know what "extrapolate" means?

Good grief.

I know, right?  But it is a common thing, the Anglazisation of historical celebrities.  Heck, a bunch of people believe Mozart and Beethoven where white.

Because they are not personal accounts.

I accept your "Na, Na, I'm right, you're wrong" declaration.

Then you should read the relevant parts of the thread. It was from a passing comment that some people, such as yourself, seemed to take issue with.

And you would be wrong, but this topic is silly enough as it is.  Heck, you probably think I'm a Judeochristian. of some kind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I guess Satan has the better team.

it seems you would know your on it.  trying to destroy god.

1 minute ago, danielost said:

it seems you would know your on it.  trying to destroy god.

I can't destroy something that doesn't exist.

70fccdd25d446e389223b28a11059cd1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wouldn't the fact that you prayed be more important than how and what direction? Doesn't make any logical sense. But it's religion so logic is out the door.

not in islam.  you must bough in the direction of mecca.  which in the usa is neither east or west.  so he asked the wrong question to start with.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I can't destroy something that doesn't exist.

70fccdd25d446e389223b28a11059cd1.jpg

but, you can make something that does exist, seem not to exist.

Just now, danielost said:

not in islam.  you must bough in the direction of mecca.  which in the usa is neither east or west.  so he asked the wrong question to start with.

Which is religious stupidity at it's finest. Because nothing is sacred at all. A world without religion. One less stupid thing to deal with.:rolleyes:f

Just now, danielost said:

but, you can make something that does exist, seem not to exist.

dafuq am I trying to read here? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Which is religious stupidity at it's finest. Because nothing is sacred at all. A world without religion. One less stupid thing to deal with.:rolleyes:f

dafuq am I trying to read here? 

the catholic church did it during the dark ages.  told the peasants the world was flat so they wouldn't leave their lords with out permission.

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

thenug-Lmn5hBs4Nq.jpg

Yep, yep, and yep. Knowledge is power and ignorance is a long walk off a short pier.

yes, he worships science.  but, science is just a tool  like logic is a vulcan tool that is all.

5 minutes ago, danielost said:

yes, he worships science.  but, science is just a tool  like logic is a vulcan tool that is all.

he himself says science is a tool of understanding. You paint him as a worshipper of science.

Lets say he does worship science, its still a better than worshipping any earthly religious deity.

It does not matter if the entire universes worth of evidence was in front of you, you would still believe your religion.  the brainwash is strong in you.

762956c331f97955d64e361ac1c4a2fc.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danielost said:

Where the hell are you getting this idea of science worship. Is that what they teach you mormon to keep you in line? Don't listen to the satanic science minded devil people or you'll go to hell!!!!! Because that's what I'm getting. 

I love science because it teaches me things. It expanse my mind. I become smarter and I like that. I hold nothing in science as an absolute truth, because science changes unlike religion. 

I toss religion into the psychology bin. Because it has to do with beliefs and emotions not hard facts. I made a thread about how it works. I just don't understand how the hell you think. Why you can be so adamant that "God did it". If there is a god it won't be god, it won't be like anything out of any stupid human belief system. It is so egotistical to think that you are so special any god would care about you and that the universe was made just for you. We are a microbe on a mudball spinning around our sun at 18.5 miles per hour, while the earth itself spins 1040 mph. 

• Like 1

All right, I think we've strayed well and far away from the original OP, the follow-up, and have landed in the same old Vs game yet again.  Since we all know what the next few pages are going to bring, let's just cut it short right here.  If anyone can think of a good reason to re-open it, send me a PM.

• Like 6

• The topic was locked