Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noxious smells

Rosanne58

Are there instances where poltergeists are known to create only bad smells without causing other manifestations? If so, please give examples. Thanks

There are phantom smell but we need something more specific. Because what you're smelling could be a number of things. Ranging for a gas leak to burning wires.

Ectoplasmic flatulence. 

• Like 4

Poltergeist means noisy ghost and some believe it isn't a ghost at all, but some phenomena surrounding a particular person. Whatever you believe it might be, it would have to be noisy and not smelly.

A lot of times people have rodent problems or other issues that can lead to bad smells (sometimes they die in a wall or something). If you're only experiencing bad smells, I would consider non-paranormal causes first. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Ectoplasmic flatulence. 

Lol. Hey, ya never know. I had cat box noises going on after I didn't have a cat anymore. 

If there is such a thing as an afterlife, I really hope there are no cat boxes in it. 

• Like 1

I have experienced bad smells but they always had a reality-based reason.

For example I live near a sewage treatment plant and let me tell you, the smell can be plenty raunchy especially in the summer. There are farms near a park I go to and when they spread the liquefied manure or other fertilizers, the stench is enough to make your brain curl up and die.

Sometimes a normal food smell can be interpreted as stinky, a sinus infection can really do a number on your olfactory receptors.

On occasions when my kitty walks by, she'll really let loose a stink bomb.

So..smells come from physically related circumstances.

Maybe the spook overdosed on Red Bull and summer sausage.  I know that combination makes ME persona non-grata.  :w00t:

5 hours ago, Ryu said:

There are farms near a park I go to and when they spread the liquefied manure or other fertilizers, the stench is enough to make your brain curl up and die.

I suffer the same thing, mostly in late winter, early spring, here.  The smell takes your breath away.

• 2 weeks later...