Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi woman pictured not wearing hijab

Unusual Tournament

Saudi woman pictured not wearing hijab faces calls for her to be killed

A woman in Saudi Arabia pictured without a hijab is facing calls for her to be killed.

Some social media users reacted with outrage after the emergence of the image taken in capital city Riyadh, with one man demanding: “Kill her and throw her corpse to the dogs”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-woman-no-hijab-execution-abaya-muslim-a7450096.html

• Like 2

That's what courage looks like

• Like 7

Brave woman. I wonder what would happen if all Saudi women did that? 

Of course the response to her bravery is religious stupidity at it's finest. I hope the best for her. Maybe the world will grow up one day.

• Like 8

This isnt exclusive to Saudi Arabai, Malaysia is seeing a rise in Islamic stringency..  Wheres that deluded Reza Aslan to explain how this is all very moderate stuff ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3377187/Screaming-agony-woman-caned-crowd-close-proximity-man-not-married-Indonesian-region-s-sharia-law.html

Malaysia and Turkey both his examples of peaceful "islam" were actually better off when secularism was regarded with respect. 

• Like 6

The UK is also becoming more Islamic.

It is the world's fastest growing religion.

22 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

This isnt exclusive to Saudi Arabai, Malaysia is seeing a rise in Islamic stringency..  Wheres that deluded Reza Aslan to explain how this is all very moderate stuff ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3377187/Screaming-agony-woman-caned-crowd-close-proximity-man-not-married-Indonesian-region-s-sharia-law.html

Malaysia and Turkey both his examples of peaceful "islam" were actually better off when secularism was regarded with respect. 

And you know this how ?

FYI Malaysia and Indonesia are two totally different Sovereigns ...

• Like 1

From the article; "Despite the outrage, many more users in Saudi Arabia came out in support of the woman’s actions."

Glad for that.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

From the article; "Despite the outrage, many more users in Saudi Arabia came out in support of the woman’s actions."

Glad for that.

Maybe the new generations are finally getting tired of mistreatment?

• Like 5

Its a social media flame war ... so what's next ? Abdullah's little Ismail has a crooked nose and wont get a pretty wife ?

Geeez ... I know a lot of 'people' here enjoy a Saudi stomping and a Muslim mauling here and there but this is just getting ridiculous ....

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe the new generations are finally getting tired of mistreatment?

"Let freedom reign..."

• Like 3

hey.....this is a SAUDI news reporter....on TV, wheres the headscarf?

A female news anchor in Saudi Arabia blasted fellow Arabs for terrorism in a video clip that’s going viral.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/saudi-tv-host-goes-nuclear-on-terror-hypocrites/#zgUthWxLh0Kpz0G7.99

Saudi-TV-Host-nadine-al-budair-600.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

And you know this how ?

FYI Malaysia and Indonesia are two totally different Sovereigns ...

my apologies

this was the link i wanted to paste -.- 
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jakarta-indonesia-muslim-blasphemy-protest-christian-governor/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

... that's okay ... still what does this have to do with Malaysia ?

Furthermore that's Indonesians protesting , freedom of speech and all that ... nothing different from whatever Nationalities protesting say ... building a mosque near their houses ... just citizens exercising their rights to be idiots ...

~

• Like 1

9 hours ago, third_eye said:

... that's okay ... still what does this have to do with Malaysia ?

Furthermore that's Indonesians protesting , freedom of speech and all that ... nothing different from whatever Nationalities protesting say ... building a mosque near their houses ... just citizens exercising their rights to be idiots ...

~

holy ****, man i must have been out of it -.- i was on a facebook thread discussing Indonesia and on here trying to discuss Malaysia haha i promise im not geographically hindered -.- 

http://tribune.com.pk/story/841392/female-circumcision-on-the-rise-in-malaysia/ 

http://www.mei.edu/content/map/rise-islamism-and-single-party-rule-malaysia

As for my misplaced Indonesia link. For an example. the 200,000 protesting against a christian governor regarding alleged insult of the prophet and implementing the blasphemy law. thats a big difference to protesting a mosque being built.  It further reflects an increase in stringent islam  gaining popularity.  

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

holy ****, man i must have been out of it -.- i was on a facebook thread discussing Indonesia and on here trying to discuss Malaysia haha i promise im not geographically hindered -.- 

I fully understand and you are not the first one I've encountered that confuses the geography between the ASEAN countries ... heck CNN couldn't tell the difference not so long ago ...

~

All Malaysians however, do not support the practice. Syarifatul Adibah, who is the Senior Programme Officer at Sisters in Islam, a local women’s rights group, insists that female circumcision isn’t once mentioned in the Quran.

Instead she points to its popularity as a stemming from an increasingly conservative interpretation of Islam. “Previously it was a cultural practice but now because of Islamisation, people just relate everything to Islam. And when you link something to religion, people here follow it blindly, they don’t enquire,” she explained.

The practice is not banned in Malaysia, although public hospitals are prevented from performing the surgery. More concerning however is that in 2009 the Fatwa Committee of Malaysia’s National Council of Islamic Religious Affairs ruled that female circumcision was obligatory for all Muslim women, unless it was harmful.

Female circumcision is 'ritualistic' and based on personal choices ... freedom and all that ... the option is not withheld from those that seeks it due to personal beliefs ...

~

The Rise of Islamism and Single-Party Rule in Malaysia

By David Martin Jones | Honorary Reader - University of Queensland | Aug 02, 2016

This one though takes your cake ... your 'expert' here is applying Middle Eastern theoretic Principles and misplacing his logic here to South East Asia ... suffice to say I don't agree with his opinions in lumping a single flavor of Muslim and Islam in every 'ism' pot and plot ... Malaysia does things moderately and through 'integration' ... we embrace our differences ... as long as its according to the Golden Rule we tend to be easy going with it ...

~

As for my misplaced Indonesia link. For an example. the 200,000 protesting against a christian governor regarding alleged insult of the prophet and implementing the blasphemy law. thats a big difference to protesting a mosque being built.  It further reflects an increase in stringent islam  gaining popularity.  

You are peering at it with biased lens ... you have already pre judged and decided even before you looked to understand the situation ... its not Islam here ... its a political power of a party that base its influence on the religion of its supporters ... this Governor challenged the leaders this political party and the supporters canvassed the displeasure through numbers ... that the numbers are overwhelmingly Muslim is because Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world ...

And its not 'gaining' popularity ... Islam has been here in the region going back a thousand years or so ... the problem is the militant version and for that we blame the Western Warhawks for manufacturing them on a daily basis ... much alike what you are doing ... you draw the lines for aggression confrontation, you get a aggressive confrontation ... you wanna wipe them out, they will want to wipe you out first ... and so it goes ... on and on and on ... 

~

• Like 1

I think most men do not like this harsh treatment  of their mothers, wives and daughters in Islam . Its going to take good men to stand up against this old ideology.

where is Dubai?

Good...now google,  "Girls, Dubai beaches", and see the images

Yes indeed......more like any other european beach

http://www.guide2dubai.com/visiting/tourist-information/dubai-travel-tips

Take that link for what you will. I will never visit a place where you can't hold hands or give your spouse a peck on the cheek, without the risk of being arrested for public display of affection.

They tolerate it on vacation resorts but not in public. I wouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

I saw a male/female Arab Couple holding hands in the IBN Battuta Mall.  The female was holding her head-wear in her other hand, almost swinging it around

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

http://www.guide2dubai.com/visiting/tourist-information/dubai-travel-tips

Take that link for what you will. I will never visit a place where you can't hold hands or give your spouse a peck on the cheek, without the risk of being arrested for public display of affection.

They tolerate it on vacation resorts but not in public. I wouldn't risk it.

I imagine that if a gay couple were showing affection while touring the Vatican they'd frown on that too. No idea what the punishment would be though.

30 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I imagine that if a gay couple were showing affection while touring the Vatican they'd frown on that too. No idea what the punishment would be though.

They may asked you to leave, but you wouldn't be thrown in jail or given the death penalty, far as I know.

I take it you think this tidbit of information is propaganda.