Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran: Dog Owners to be Lashed 74 Times

AdealJustice

Saudi Arabia represents Sunnism and Wahabism, Iran represents Shiaism.  What wonderful examples... 

" Dog owners in Iran will be sentenced to 74 lashes if they are caught keeping the pets at home or walking them in public. "

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iran-dog-owners-be-lashed-74-times-new-national-ban-1473709

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 2

74 times ? How strange a number to pick ! 

I understand that if you are caught with a Dalmatian, the penalty is 101 lashes.

• Like 4

I remember something regarding the headline here ...

Iranian who killed dog gets 74 lashes

2016-04-06 17:51

Tehran - An Iranian man has been sentenced to 74 lashes for killing a dog, the judiciary-linked Mizan news agency reported on Wednesday, after an online video showed him hurling the animal repeatedly against his car.

~

~

Iranian man who killed dog sentenced to 74 lashes

Online viral video shows the man hurling the dog against his car, then beating him to death with a shovel

By AFP April 6, 2016, 10:40 pm

~

Either someone messed up with a copy paste batch of text with google translate or someone is having a go with a tainted sense of humor somewhere ...

~

• Like 2

I hope you're right Third_eye. It would be much better that the Iranians were punishing animal cruelty vs punishing dog owners.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

I remember something regarding the headline here ...

~

~

Either someone messed up with a copy paste batch of text with google translate or someone is having a go with a tainted sense of humor somewhere ...

~

DUUUUUDE if your source is accurate this is straight up classic WW2 style propaganda (the original post not yours) . The enemy eats children and hates dogs watch out or you're next!  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

Saudi Arabia represents Sunnism and Wahabism, Iran represents Shiaism.  What wonderful examples... 

" Dog owners in Iran will be sentenced to 74 lashes if they are caught keeping the pets at home or walking them in public. "

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iran-dog-owners-be-lashed-74-times-new-national-ban-1473709

This one has been going around for a couple years now. Here's a bit more of a descriptive one from November 2014: http://iran-times.com/majlis-may-move-against-canines-kept-as-pets/

Most articles recirculated since 2014 are just a reprint of the same OP article, that there's plans or proposals about it.. but at least in the last couple years since the story started appearing, there aren't any articles about such measures passing or being implemented.

• Like 4

I do know one thing for sure, there are Radical Extreme Jihadists who do hate dogs, abuse/enslave women/girls, behead people of other religions. Now, that's not to say which nations (other than ISIS) sanction any or all of these behaviors.

• Like 5

Dogs and Islam is a tribal thing ... not a religious factor ... hunters has been using dogs since before there was Islam ...

~

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusting. The problem with Iran is that not everyone is a Muslim and have to adhere to this barbaric law. I don't believe all Muslims hate dogs and there are some who respect the animals. There are Iranian people who are distressed having to lose their dogs. 

Why is this even still on the board when we know it's propaganda?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Why is this even still on the board when we know it's propaganda?

Because people don't want to think or change their positions and articles like this are conveniently published to meticulously keep the fires of ignorance and hatred stoked.

Look how easy it was to illicit comments of hatred and anger without thinking for one second just how silly and nonsensical the headline read.

Wouldn't be any different than if, instead of Iranians it was Germans, Japanese, Russians or whatever group people have been conditioned to hate.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2016 at 9:48 AM, third_eye said:

Dogs and Islam is a tribal thing ... not a religious factor ... hunters has been using dogs since before there was Islam ...

~

Doesn't the Qur'an say something about angels not entering or visiting a house with a dog?  I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.  My wife had a Pakistani Muslim friend/colleague when she was in medical Residency and Hafeez definitely didn't like being around our dogs ;)  He wasn't rude, but you could tell it didn't seem right to him.

2 hours ago, and then said:

Doesn't the Qur'an say something about angels not entering or visiting a house with a dog?  I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.  My wife had a Pakistani Muslim friend/colleague when she was in medical Residency and Hafeez definitely didn't like being around our dogs ;)  He wasn't rude, but you could tell it didn't seem right to him.

I think its more of a Hadith than something from the Quran ... and Rahmat means more alike 'blessings from Allah SWT' than 'angels' ... I dunno ... I've had it explained to me in numerous ways by numerous people but all in all I got the point that its more a Custom rather than a religious tenet, more to the point is the issue of 'cleanliness' so its not exactly 'Haram / Forbidden' but more towards 'not advised/advisable' or is frowned upon ...

~

edit : I missed the point you raised about the good Doc and the dog ... I don't think its fair to associate that with Islam as some people not used to being around dogs or has had bad experiences with dogs also don't like being around or have dogs around them ...

~

Edited by third_eye
too early in the morning

This is genuine.

My Golden Retriever does NOT approve!

It is an attempt to stop the Western cultural invasion. France passes similar laws (without the punishment of course) to try to preserve their language from Anglicisation (is that a word?):https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/06/iran-dog-owners-40-lashes-pets-islam

Edited by alibongo

No its not ... its more of changes to Municipal Codes regarding residential areas ... the Iranians will just have to cope with the changes and steps are already being taken to help ...

~

A sanctuary for stray dogs grows in Iran thanks to social media

Animal lover Maryam Sanei has set up a hospice for unwanted pooches. A draft law penalising those who harass stray animals was referred to the President’s office last month

Denise Hassanzade Ajiri for Tehran Bureau

Tuesday 29 March 2016 08.00 BST

The Tehran Bureau is an independent media organisation, hosted by the Guardian. Contact us @tehranbureau

`

~

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

I think you might be right. Religion, what a pain in the -------- it is.

• Like 1

ISIS Fighters Reportedly Killed By A Heroic American Military Dog

dog-kills-ISIS-696x362.jpg

A battle in northern Iraq (near the ISIS fort in Mosul), had just to a grisly death. A group of SAS commandos traveling in a caravan of four vehicles were headed back to their base when a roadside bomb exploded and obliterated one of their trucks. That wasn’t the death I was talking about, though.

50 ISIS militants surrounded the troops, who quickly got armed, out of their vehicles, and found cover. The militants had Toyotas mounted with machine guns, and it seemed sure that few of the commandos would survive. In the midst of the firefight, one soldier decided to release one of their military K9 dogs. The massive German Shepherd charged towards one of the ISIS members who tried, and failed, to shoot the dog down.

In seconds the dog had ripped apart the ISIS soldier and returned to his trainer. That was what I was talking about.

Share away, people!

http://www.heroviral.com/dog-kills-isis/

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, and then said:

mixed tbh. There are verses of the Quran saying a great people of the past had dog companions and the verse speaks of them with respect. the Hadith on the other had seem to promote cats instead of dogs. Abu Huraira ( Father of Cats), was known to love cats and is attributed with being one of the earliest sources of the Hadith.

• Like 2

I support this because I was victim of relentless barking of my neighbors dog whole night for a whole year, people who own dogs and can't control them should be lashed, it's pain and suffering of my sleepless nights that's talking. 

25 minutes ago, kartikg said:

I support this because I was victim of relentless barking of my neighbors dog whole night for a whole year, people who own dogs and can't control them should be lashed, it's pain and suffering of my sleepless nights that's talking. 

What did you do about it ? Even if the owners ignore your complaint, there should be local by-laws covering noise nuisance.