Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fires

docyabut2

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Its odd, but there does seem to be so many fires going on in the U.S.  Israel had a problem with fires destroying  their  country, could this be some kind of  a new act of terrorism going on  ?

More like an act of climate change resulting in drought conditions.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Its odd, but there does seem to be so many fires going on in the U.S.  Israel had a problem with fires destroying  their  country, could this be some kind of  a new act of terrorism going on  ?

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/fires/

I hope not, but the thought did cross my mind. I live a little less than 1:30 minutes from a little town called Gatlinburg Tn, That pretty much burnt down.  I haven't seen it for myself since the fires. From what I hear, their pretty sure it was arson.

• Like 1

I mean do these terrorists know where these areas of drought are and  are starting these fires and also where these buildings of where people are partying like Oakland, and there was other buildings  burning now  in the US

42 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Naturally occurring weather cycles?

I don't know what's going on in Oakland, California, but it's highly unlikely that weather had any part in all the "wild" fires we've been seeing in upstate South Carolina or in other areas of the Smoky Mountains; Gatlinburg, Tennessee, for example. They've arrested several on charges of arson but the investigation is still ongoing. Innocent until proven guilty obviously, but I'd bet money that these fires were started by man.

• Like 1

Too many humans in the world making too many humanly mistakes, we are human after all.

It not just in the US, its everywhere.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, White-Coyote said:

I hope not, but the thought did cross my mind. I live a little less than 1:30 minutes from a little town called Gatlinburg Tn, That pretty much burnt down.  I haven't seen it for myself since the fires. From what I hear, their pretty sure it was arson.

I live on the other side of the mountain, the smoke had been terrible when the fires first started. I hate it for all those people who've lost everything. I heard on the news that it might have been arson. 

• Like 1

I think it's a real possibility that many of theses fires could be arson...even terrorism. The authorities need to deeply investigate IMO.

Interesting, a few years back Homeland Security warned of fires being set by terrorists: https://publicintelligence.net/homeland-security-warns-of-terrorist-wildfire-attacks/

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 2

It's actually the cause of us controlling small burns which normally remove the undergrowth while leaving the over growth. Since we stop these small fires the under grows grows thick and dry and when a big fire happens its expands fast because of all the undergrowth feeling it.

it has nothing to do with terrorism. Since wildfires are very hard to predict.

On 12/4/2016 at 6:58 AM, XenoFish said:

I live on the other side of the mountain, the smoke had been terrible when the fires first started. I hate it for all those people who've lost everything. I heard on the news that it might have been arson. 

I hate it for them too. People in my area are donating things like cloths and food to try to help some. Dolly Parton says she's going to give a thousand dollars per month for each family that was affected. It's going to be a hard road for them, but hopefully they'll come through it stronger than before.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

What? No terrorists? Unpossible.

With 14 people dead, almost 150 injured and over 1,700 homes / businesses destroyed that's way too soon.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Michelle said:

With 14 people dead, almost 150 injured and over 1,700 homes / businesses destroyed that's way too soon.

But... it's not too early to declare 'terrorists' did it?

Edit: That was an original speculation from the OP, not me. Which is what I was addressing (since she raised that threat, twice, in posts #1 and #6).

I could have made that clearer.

Edited by Likely Guy

12 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

But... it's not too early to declare 'terrorists' did it?

Edit: That was an original speculation from the OP, not me. Which is what I was addressing (since she raised that threat, three times).

I could have made that clearer.

It's a legitimate concern. A man was caught in NYC with a gas can, matches and a "Son of Hamas" book yelling and causing a general disruption.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Man-With-Gas-Can-Shouting-Arrested-Rockefeller-Center-Tree-Terroristic-Threat-405091615.html

The sex of the perps hasn't even been revealed. My nephew couldn't make it home, people were sleeping on the lobby floors and stairwells of hotels and he had to sleep in his truck. There was quite a while when we had no idea if he was safe.

The victims haven't even been buried yet and last I heard there are still people missing. It's too soon to make snide remarks.

• Like 1

On Sunday, December 04, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I don't know what's going on in Oakland, California, but it's highly unlikely that weather had any part in all the "wild" fires we've been seeing in upstate South Carolina or in other areas of the Smoky Mountains; Gatlinburg, Tennessee, for example. They've arrested several on charges of arson but the investigation is still ongoing. Innocent until proven guilty obviously, but I'd bet money that these fires were started by man.

Farmers or herders usually do this because it makes the grass grow better. 

A few years back, a buddy of mine decided to clear his newly purchased acreage with a "controlled" burn.  The grass was too high to mow, you see.   Unfortunately, the former owner left some gas/oil cans in the yard that was hidden by the grass.  After the fire dept. came out and finally put out the fire, he got his butt chewed by the fire chief.  The only reason why they didn't charge him $10,000 to put it out was because he had cerebral palsy.

We know Israel is saying it was terror arson , which sounds like the name of an 80's punk band btw, and we know the Japanese tried the same thing during ww2 so it seems logical that it would be happening on some level here now. 

That said I think @Hammerclaw is mostly right about the increase in wildfires. There are drought conditions all over the nation that I know of and i assume that can be extrapolated out to the rest of the globe. 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

We know Israel is saying it was terror arson , which sounds like the name of an 80's punk band btw, and we know the Japanese tried the same thing during ww2 so it seems logical that it would be happening on some level here now. 

That said I think @Hammerclaw is mostly right about the increase in wildfires. There are drought conditions all over the nation that I know of and i assume that can be extrapolated out to the rest of the globe. 

And a little arson, on occasion,  to get things going.

• Like 1

The fires were in the southeastern US where it had not rained in quite a while. Fire bans were posted in many camping areas to prevent such a disaster from hitting other places.

Be careful in ascribing the fires to climate change. Falls can be typically dry in the southeastern forests. This was a bit drier than usual.

Some of the worst forest fires were around 1910 in the Rockies. Huge fires caused eastern cities to smell the smoke.

http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/Policy/Fire/FamousFires/1910Fires.aspx

http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/Publications/region/1/1910_fires/sec1.htm