Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aussie man punches a kangaroo

Black Monk

A kangaroo grabs a man's dog in a headlock. The man goes up to the kangaroo, the kangaroo releases the dog, and man and kangaroo square up to each other. The man then punches the kangaroo in the face before it hops away...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3998278/Man-fights-kangaroo-Australia-save-pet-dog.html#ixzz4RsAPEwdN

• Like 7

I love the Kangaroo's reaction 

• Like 5

That punch will be nothing to that kangaroo. It'll be used to such a thing. Kangaroos are often fighting and punching each other.

• Like 3

Why is int this man arrested, I'm sure kangaroo's are protected species there. 

Also where's roger 

latest?cb=20130907005058&path-prefix=en

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Also where's roger 

From an animal lovers perspective the dude had a choice, watch a dog get gutted and die a painful and slow death or bop a roo on the nose. 

• Like 5

Yeah, but, Im sure the man knows the dangers of the outback. How and why did his dog run lose into trouble? 

He put himself and the dog in danger. Then he attack the poor confused animal. Whether the animal felt pain or not.

And was he out hunting animals?

11 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Yeah, but, Im sure the man knows the dangers of the outback.

Well we also get idiots from the cities...who decide to go on these little outback safari adventures with their truck, mates, dogs and beer.

How and why did his dog run lose into trouble?

I think (by the vid) there were a couple of dogs running loose...these guys may have stopped the truck (for whatever reason) and let the dogs loose. Who knows..the dogs may have been chasing the roo...which in turn defended itself. Believe me, his dog would have come off second best...if the guy hadn't of intervened. These big roo's are pretty tough...so the guy who bopped him was lucky that the roo hopped away.

If they were recreational hunters (weekend warriors) - they may have been hunting, either pigs..foxes..feral cats..or rabbits.

Also Kangaraoo's are a protected species. Shooters have to have a licence to kill them.

But yeah..I kinda felt sorry for the Kangaroo too...but hey! at least they didn't shoot him :tu:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

Yeah, but, Im sure the man knows the dangers of the outback. How and why did his dog run lose into trouble? 

He put himself and the dog in danger. Then he attack the poor confused animal. Whether the animal felt pain or not.

What if he was hunting? Is that a crime? There's such a thing as hunting dogs and lots of people take them on hunting trips. 

Look where he is. He's in the country, obviously. People let their dogs run around in the country. And as far as I know, there's no place "safe" and free of wildlife. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

If you were swimming with your partner and a shark took hold of him/her, would you not go and poke it in the eye? or, if you had a knife, stab the shark?

Your in the sea, shark territory, man is in the out back, roo territory, 

The dog would of come off worse, as would your partner. 

Think he did the best thing for his k9 friend, but, I can't believe he turned his back on the roo, that was incredibly stupid.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, MissJatti said:

Also where's roger 

They're everywhere here and sad as it is very common to see dead ones on country roads or outback because they jump in front of cars and trucks. Also you can hunt non protected birds and Rabbits here but need a gun licence. Also Kangaroos can be nasty animals. As much as I love animals I would

• Like 4

*cough*

• Like 2

I think the roo will be just fine considering it got punched in the face. Better that way then a bullet in the gut and die a slow painful death.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MissJatti said:

Also where's roger 

I ate some for dinner, not entirely protected.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MissJatti said:

They were hunting wild boars with a terminally ill cancer patient. It was the patient's wish to catch a huge boar. There was a TV crew with them.

• Like 2

I was behind a ute (pick-up truck) this morning, it had the spotlights on the roof, and sign written pics of wild pigs and roos, along with the message, " Just shoot s**t ". :(

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, MissJatti said:

Also where's roger 

You cant be serious.

• Like 2