Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trip to the Moon could be available by 2026

UM-Bot

It wouldn't be one of my top holiday destinations but views might be nice.

• Like 2

I would check the small print: "round trip" might mean they will send you round the Moon - and round and round - without any plans to bring you home! 

• Like 2

Imagine that companies insurance bill...... unless disclaimers get signed

• Like 2

I have no desire to go into space, much less risk a trip to the moon. If this ever gets to be as commonplace and as safe as airline travel, which is very unlikely, by then I'll be long dead. 

Besides, the only thing in the gift shops will be photos of the lunar surface, the Earth and some Moon rocks.

• Like 1

If I can I will! Sadly though, I suspect I will be too old by the time this becomes a reality. Pity.

• Like 1

I hope its true i would go to the moon but it wont happen, we wont see this in our life time

• Like 1

As cool as this is, I am not optimistic that it'll happen.

It seems that all of the cool stuff involving space--exploration, adventure and discovery--will happen long after I'm gone.  Guess that's another reason to seek immortality.

• Like 1

To me the only good thing about traveling is getting somewhere so it's over.  Going to the moon would be an even worse ordeal, and, in truth, there is nothing there for anyone except a scientist.  I don't need travel bragging rights.

My concern would be the lack of alcohol on the flight. Being tanked up is the only way I can survive long haul flights here on Earth, so a three day trip to the Moon would be out of the question.

21 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

If I can I will! Sadly though, I suspect I will be too old by the time this becomes a reality. Pity.

Join the club.  I'm probably too old already.  I know I'm too old physically, mentally, no.

the cost? only several million dollars lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

Just apply for a government subsidy as an underprivileged person.

4 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

From the OP

According to Jain, Moon Express could soon be offering round trips to the Moon for only $10,000

• Like 1

Ive been on a passenger jet at night..... looking out the window everything is black.....much the same I expect as a moon trip. My concerns would obviously be safety and getting back home in one piece, plus like any plane trip I get incredibly bored and feel the need to have a walk, move about etc. Well on a moon trip you couldnt really walk as there'd be no gravity so that would be fun...floating your way down to the toilets! but confined for what, nearly a week? Just sitting in the same chair? I think THAT would be mind numbingly boring to be honest....even if sat in the cockpit chair looking forward out any window it may have

Plus any passengers would need screening for any mental illness/phobias etc, you wouldnt want to leave earth orbit then have some panicking passenger freaking out and trying to open any exit doors or trying to force the pilot to turn round and go home...

But if these things are ironed out and the trips get made safely... yes I think Id buy a ticket IF I live long enough that is,,.... what a huge experience....flying round the moon, in space!!! 

Safety safety safety..... that needs to be paramount. Anyone remember the space shuttle burning up in the atmosphere? No survivors of course, and no way to get up there and help if someone was still alive..

Im confident tho.... that one day in the future, it will be a safe trip for the average person, and faster too

Edited by seeder

I'd love to go. But like Averell Harriman, the body is too old and rickety...

so we need the permission of some agency to leave the confines of the earth and their permission to land on the moon. Funny that, do they own and have say on everything