Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michael Flynn had secret internet connection

Farmer77

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn installed a secret internet connection into his office at the Pentagon even though it was "forbidden," according to a profile in The New Yorker by Dana Priest.

The network connection was among other rules the former chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency broke because he found them to be "stupid," including sometimes sneaking out of a CIA station in Iraq without authorization and sharing classified information with NATO allies without approval, according to The New Yorker.

Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn reportedly had 'forbidden' internet connection at the Pentagon 

The article makes it clear there are too many unknowns to say fully what or if laws and rules were broken but  the irony is sure to make for some political gold. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn installed a secret internet connection into his office at the Pentagon even though it was "forbidden," according to a profile in The New Yorker by Dana Priest.

The network connection was among other rules the former chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency broke because he found them to be "stupid," including sometimes sneaking out of a CIA station in Iraq without authorization and sharing classified information with NATO allies without approval, according to The New Yorker.

Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn reportedly had 'forbidden' internet connection at the Pentagon 

The article makes it clear there are too many unknowns to say fully what or if laws and rules were broken but  the irony is sure to make for some political gold. 

Yes, we are in for an airing of every possible misdeed of every appointee Trump makes.  It will all become background noise soon enough.  The really amazing story will be if the media actually have something positive to say about any of them.

• Like 4

Just now, and then said:

Yes, we are in for an airing of every possible misdeed of every appointee Trump makes.  It will all become background noise soon enough.  The really amazing story will be if the media actually have something positive to say about any of them.

Man CNN was all about some Romney the other day. I about fell out of my chair at their joy of his inclusion in the discussion for cabinet positions. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man CNN was all about some Romney the other day. I about fell out of my chair at their joy of his inclusion in the discussion for cabinet positions. 

They didn't seem so thrilled about him in 2012 lol

• Like 2

How can it be a secret internet connection, if the secret is out lol?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I think it's because they're pretty sure Romney would push a separate agenda and finally be fired by Trump for it.  If Romney gets the job I suspect he will be kept on a VERY tight leash.  Trump seems to be trying to play nice and make the tent as big as possible.  I hope he gets something in return other than back wounds from all the knives that will be out.

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

I think it's because they're pretty sure Romney would push a separate agenda and finally be fired by Trump for it.  If Romney gets the job I suspect he will be kept on a VERY tight leash.  Trump seems to be trying to play nice and make the tent as big as possible.  I hope he gets something in return other than back wounds from all the knives that will be out.

Or as i have been saying since day one perhaps Trump and the GOP have been working together all along and the outsider theme was a scam from the start. 

I did enjoy the hell out of CNN raving about Romney's experience , it was like living in bizarro world for a second. 

From the article, and back on topic, "If his office was an SCIF, then that would be really bad," the DIA analyst said."  

Could be worse, he could have had his cleaning lady handle his SCIF compartment for faxing.  The Dems will NEVER, EVER have any credibility pushing for charges against mishandling such info going forward.  In fact, defense attorneys should be able to use the Clinton whitewash in their defense of idiots who accidently mishandle secrets from now on.  Saucier would walk in a heartbeat and if Obama had an OUNCE of integrity he'd fully pardon the kid.  He took a selfie in a restricted compartment.  That's ALL.  He's probably at Portsmouth Naval Prison.

• Like 2

This story does not pass the smell test.  I work in scifs from time to time and no *secret* networks can just be installed secretly or otherwise (other than the ones already known and available).  Internet access is available in scifs too.

Edited by RavenHawk

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

This story does not pass the smell test.  I work in scifs from time to time and no *secret* networks can just be installed secretly or otherwise (other than the ones already known and available).  Internet access is available in scifs too.

Nothing will ever "pass the smell test" for the partisans on one side and those on the other will be making hay from anything and everything they can. 

This one just seemed extra juicy because of the whole clinton debacle. 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Nothing will ever "pass the smell test" for the partisans on one side and those on the other will be making hay from anything and everything they can. 

This one just seemed extra juicy because of the whole clinton debacle. 

This one had nothing to do with partisanship but everything to do with experience.

• Like 2

Just now, RavenHawk said:

This one had nothing to do with partisanship but everything to do with experience.

I do know you have a background in that realm and I did not mean to offend. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I do know you have a background in that realm and I did not mean to offend. 

Now you're trying to get on my good side... :)

BTW, Generals do not out rank Network Administrators...

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Or as i have been saying since day one perhaps Trump and the GOP have been working together all along and the outsider theme was a scam from the start. 

I did enjoy the hell out of CNN raving about Romney's experience , it was like living in bizarro world for a second. 

The Dems and the Repubs both tried to screw over their party's nominee. The difference of course is that the Dems were actually successful. I dont think for a minute the GOP is happy about Trump.

As for the OP, it would take some work and a lot of gag orders to keep a secret internet connection. The IT staff would HAVE to be aware of it which means the General would have talked to them first. Or the "secret connection" may not be a physical line at all and could just be a proxy or VPN connection that the MSM has spun in to a story.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The Dems and the Repubs both tried to screw over their party's nominee. The difference of course is that the Dems were actually successful. I dont think for a minute the GOP is happy about Trump.

As for the OP, it would take some work and a lot of gag orders to keep a secret internet connection. The IT staff would HAVE to be aware of it which means the General would have talked to them first. Or the "secret connection" may not be a physical line at all and could just be a proxy or VPN connection that the MSM has spun in to a story.

Also, this guy did not make it to the very top of the military/intelligence profession by playing fast and loose with secrets.  It's just more fodder for the rage at Trump crowd.  I have a feeling they are going to become ever more frenetic and hysterical as time passes - especially if he begins making progress toward making the lives of the middle class better.  THAT, they cannot allow.

29 minutes ago, and then said:

I have a feeling they are going to become ever more frenetic and hysterical as time passes - especially if he begins making progress toward making the lives of the middle class better.  THAT, they cannot allow.

Absolutely. While i have found my position rapidly evolving on trump I did start this thread really to point out,and maybe revel in, the desperateness of the politics at this point. 

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I can't for the life of me figure how anyone could still think that after all we have seen. I mean it's not like the GOP just sat quietly and let it play out. They openly viciously attacked him at every turn. That would have to be about the dumbest conspiracy ever formulated. They didn't give him any support till he was officially elected. 

Now what's more likely? That this was some bizzaro plan all along, or that the GOP is kissing his ass cause their asses are on the line?

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I can't for the life of me figure how anyone could still think that after all we have seen. I mean it's not like the GOP just sat quietly and let it play out. They openly viciously attacked him at every turn. That would have to be about the dumbest conspiracy ever formulated. They didn't give him any support till he was officially elected. 

Now what's more likely? That this was some bizzaro plan all along, or that the GOP is kissing his ass cause their asses are on the line?

Keep in mind that I dont buy the left vs right paradigm at all. I think its all a scam and if you look at national policy from president to president I think that bares out to be true. Its not left vs right its oligarchs vs the citizenry. 

That being said there is no way in hell Trump would have been elected without the "outsider" claim. Its his "draining the swamp" that got him elected, it was classic WWF marketing. Bring in a new good guy with a fresh face, paint him as the outsider rebel and watch the ratings skyrocket. His relationship with Goldman Sachs is a great example of that, he bashed hillary for cozying up to them , then turns around and hires two of their shills to his staff.  Donald Trump's curious Goldman Sachs connections 

Its almost the same play the democrats made with Obama, hope and change in a different package. (orange)

As a side note thats why i predict the next president will be a third party candidate, they can't keep trotting out the same garbage year after year or the populace will catch on. 

I don't buy the paradigm either. I have written about it extensively here for years. To me that makes this conspiracy even more ridiculous. They all attacked him venomously. 

They are still trying to destroy him as we speak. Even though he's already saving jobs, and making deals to bring more companies back home. There is no other example of anyone so viciously attacked that wasn't ruined. Heck there is no other example of this at all. The establishment obviously hates his guts. You gotta go way out to conspiracy land to bring that one home. And I'm the conspiracy guy 

BTW Last election Goldman was the top contributor to both campaigns. Yet they didn't give him anything. Top CEO's were openly showing hatred. So anything main stream has to say, including him being a Russian operative, or having influencing ties with Goldman, is all BS

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I don't buy the paradigm either. I have written about it extensively here for years. To me that makes this conspiracy even more ridiculous. They all attacked him venomously. 

They are still trying to destroy him as we speak. Even though he's already saving jobs, and making deals to bring more companies back home. There is no other example of anyone so viciously attacked that wasn't ruined. Heck there is no other example of this at all. The establishment obviously hates his guts. You gotta go way out to conspiracy land to bring that one home. And I'm the conspiracy guy 

Comeon man saving jobs? I get the 1k jobs are there but he basically gave Carrier a tax break for sending another 1300 jobs away.   

The dude has hired the sachs shills ist already happened. 

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Not SECRET network as in the security classification, but secret as in a commercial connection that no one knew about.  If it wasn't NIPR from a dropped wired connection, it is illegal.  It could be as simple as connecting a laptop to a mobile hotspot..

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Comeon man saving jobs? I get the 1k jobs are there but he basically gave Carrier a tax break for sending another 1300 jobs away.   

The dude has hired the sachs shills ist already happened. 

Tax breaks are a powerful tool to save our industry jobs. How else are we going to become competitive with countries who have way lower taxes, combined with slave labor, and no regulations? You act like tax breaks are a bad thing. I thought you were a libertarian?

Oh you didn't hear about Ford? Yea they are already making deals to not only keep what we have, but also about bringing what left back.

BTW I'd hardly call Bannon a Goldman Shill, unless you ignore everything he's done since

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Tax breaks are a powerful tool to save our industry jobs. How else are we going to become competitive with countries who have way lower taxes, combined with slave labor, and no regulations? You act like tax breaks are a bad thing. I thought you were a libertarian?

Oh you didn't hear about Ford? Yea they are already making deals to not only keep what we have, but also about bringing what left back.

BTW I'd hardly call Bannon a Goldman Shill, unless you ignore everything he's done since

York - makes their climate control products here in the USA and they do it w/o bribes.  So, what you're saying is that it is okay to take money from YORK and give it to their competitor.  So, your'e punishing the corporations that choose to be patriotic and make their products here.  That's crony capitalism.  You had a problem with it when President Obama did it but, you celebrate it when Tramp does it.  That's the TRUE right vs. left paradigm.  The same **** is perfectly acceptable **** if it is from someone that we like or approve of.  

Edited by blacknagus