Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

(Theoretical) Space Colonization

Raul-Relvion D'Kallas

On 12/9/2016 at 11:13 AM, toast said:

Thats no news to me but maybe for the OP who wasnt aware what s/he is talking about, see pending response and this comment:

Well it sure sounds like it's news to you after you incorrectly stated repeatedly that "There is no layer".  

Pressure, temperature, breathable air, 50 km to 65 km.   You're welcome.

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

Well it sure sounds like it's news to you after you incorrectly stated repeatedly that "There is no layer". 

Well it sure sounds like it's news to you that you repeatedly quoted me incomplete and so, misleading. The correct quote should read:

There is no layer within the atmosphere of Venus thats habitable for humans

Pressure, temperature, breathable air, 50 km to 65 km.   You're welcome.

An environment with wind speeds at around 400km/h isnt habitable for humans, especially not in a way as the OP has claimed:

... it merely has the pressure needed so that you could go outside with a minimum of protection for your lungs and skin.

You're welcome.

On 1/10/2017 at 5:29 PM, toast said:

Well it sure sounds like it's news to you that you repeatedly quoted me incomplete and so, misleading. The correct quote should read:

An environment with wind speeds at around 400km/h isnt habitable for humans, especially not in a way as the OP has claimed:

You're welcome.

Because there is no layer, blah blah blah.  The blah blah blah doesn't matter when you use incorrect language like "no layer".   There is a layer.   If all you can do is take exception and focus on differences, you'll miss out on a lot of good agreement and discussion.    Now you're running back to cover your neck on wind speeds?    Well that's new.   So now your "no layer" statement should have been completed with some reference to wind speeds then.

Space colonization is going to be difficult for a million different reasons wherever it occurs.   You'll never address those difficulties with "it's impossible" arguments.  In your case, discovery is DOA.   Maybe wind speeds at 400km/h are inhabitable for humans creative enough to figure out how to deal with them. 

I read the "merely has the pressure needed" statement, and yours was more incorrect than his, which prompted my reply.   When only pressure was mentioned, you should have said ahh yes that's true, because it is.

4 hours ago, Yamato said:

Because there is no layer, blah blah blah.  The blah blah blah doesn't matter when you use incorrect language like "no layer".   There is a layer.  

I didnt claimed that there is no layer, maybe you should read my posts more carefull to avoid blah-blah in future.

If all you can do is take exception and focus on differences, you'll miss out on a lot of good agreement and discussion.    Now you're running back to cover your neck on wind speeds?    Well that's new.   So now your "no layer" statement should have been completed with some reference to wind speeds then.

I dont think that I have to back each of my statements with all facts related to the statement.

Space colonization is going to be difficult for a million different reasons wherever it occurs.  You'll never address those difficulties with "it's impossible" arguments.  In your case, discovery is DOA.  

Thats blah-blah again because I didnt talkd about possibilities and impossibilities in general but only related to the OPs claim. And, I dont need coaching on astronautics, space exploration and options for/of space colonization.

Maybe wind speeds at 400km/h are inhabitable for humans creative enough to figure out how to deal with them. 

Of course but not in the fashion mentioned by the OP.

12 minutes ago, toast said:

I didnt claimed that there is no layer, maybe you should read my posts more carefull to avoid blah-blah in future.

I dont think that I have to back each of my statements with all facts related to the statement.

Thats blah-blah again because I didnt talkd about possibilities and impossibilities in general but only related to the OPs claim. And, I dont need coaching on astronautics, space exploration and options for/of space colonization.

Of course but not in the fashion mentioned by the OP.

Habitable means possible.   Denying it means it's not.    It's habitable for multiple reasons. The OP didn't say that there weren't other problems, and by trying to correct something that wasn't incorrect, you asked to be corrected yourself.

I wouldn't have responded if you hadn't said "there is no layer" multiple times.  If you had only said it once, I wouldn't have looked twice.  You wouldn't let it go, and now you're trying to deny that you even said it, so I'll take your credibility out on garbage day for ya. ;)