Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Car ticketed for 4 days with corpse inside

OverSword

In a crude indictment of both human inattentiveness and local parking enforcement, it appears that over the course of four days, multiple parking citations were issued to a car that contained a dead man.

The SunSentinel reported that Jacob Morpeau, 62, of Miami, was found by police, his body slumped under the steering wheel. County resident Carolyn White, who discovered the body inside an Isuzu Axiom SUV, said the man held a credit card in his hand.

Read the rest HERE

• Like 3

if he was under the steering wheel the parking attendant would not have seen him wit a causal look through the window.

• Like 3

No it wouldn't have been easy to see him but after the first ticket you would think they would become a little more curious. 

• Like 5

Sad.... it reminds me of a "funny", though.  In X-Ray school I had a prof who told the story of a senior student that was sent to obtain a portable chest exam.  She went up to the room, sat the patient mostly erect in bed, placed the film cassette behind him, asked him to take a deep breath and made her exposure.  Upon returning to the department she hears a code blue for the same room and floor and discovers she just imaged a dead man.  You'd have to understand the extremely dry sense of humor the prof had.   He says he just looked at the student in class the next day and asked her ... "when you asked him to take a deep breath?"  I don't think she was ever the same again  :w00t:  It was a cool object lesson for students, though.  PAY ATTENTION to your work!

• Like 4

Good luck getting him to pay for those tickets. You know if they ever prove that ghosts exist 100% then I wonder if insurance companies will have foreign speaking cubical workers holding seances calling them to come up with the cash or else they'll send out the Ghost Asylum guys after them.

Edited by NightScreams
  • Like 2

The tickets were dropped under the circumstances.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2016 at 5:35 PM, Ashotep said:

The tickets were dropped under the circumstances.

The article says they dropped $160 of the tickets.  Surely four parking tickets add up to more than that?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The article says they dropped $160 of the tickets.  Surely four parking tickets add up to more than that?

They're refusing to be stiffed for the whole amount.  (I heard)

• Like 3

Actually I just asked someone who told me that parking tickets in Seattle are $40, so if they're the same amount in Miami then that would be all.

• Like 3

I didn't think a parking ticket would be very expensive but you never know.

• Like 3