Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump announces SoftBank's plans

AdealJustice

I Notice many people criticizing his carrier deal but how about this massive move? thoughts?  Seems be doing more as President Elect before even getting into office...

"US President-elect Donald Trump has revealed that SoftBank Group plans to invest $50bn (£39.48) in the country and create 50,000 new jobs. The Japanese telecom and internet giant's plans were revealed by Trump on Tuesday (6 December) in the lobby of Trump Tower in Manhattan."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/donald-trump-announces-softbanks-plans-invest-50bn-add-50000-jobs-us-1595209

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 2

thats 50,000 jobs isn't it.  trump is already on the job and hasn't even taken office.  where's obama golfing?

• Like 2

It's looking like Trump promised them to curb regulations preventing them from merging Sprint and T-Mobile.

The $50 billion investment is coming from a $100 billion fund set up with their partner the Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund and will be invested in start-ups.  My question is, "Are these loans that the start-ups pay back? Or are these start-ups going to be owned by Japan and Saudi Arabia?"

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

I Notice many people criticizing his carrier deal but how about this massive move? thoughts?  Seems be doing more as President Elect before even getting into office...

"US President-elect Donald Trump has revealed that SoftBank Group plans to invest $50bn (£39.48) in the country and create 50,000 new jobs. The Japanese telecom and internet giant's plans were revealed by Trump on Tuesday (6 December) in the lobby of Trump Tower in Manhattan."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/donald-trump-announces-softbanks-plans-invest-50bn-add-50000-jobs-us-1595209

Ive held off on commenting because i think its still entirely too early to see how or whether this will actually benefit America. There seems to be some collusion regarding regulations involved and id rather our nation went broke than became a full blown corporatocracy BUT I also dont want  to crap on it too hard because we just dont know enough yet. 

• Like 2

The nerve of this man is unbelievable. Making this country business friendly so people can feed and support their families. Who the hell does this guy think he is? 

• Like 3

I'm on the fence on this still.  The idea of loosening regulations so a foreign country can form a megacorporation to run a sizable chunk of our telecommunications infrastructure is setting off warning bells.  But it does reassure me that he isn't going to become a crazed isolationist either.  (Hard to do embargos and tariffs when they have their claws in your infrastructure, after all.)

I guess beggars can't be choosers when it comes to jobs as well.  50,000 jobs is 50,000 jobs whether you are working for Saudi Arabia, Japan, or the US.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I'm on the fence on this still.  The idea of loosening regulations so a foreign country can form a megacorporation to run a sizable chunk of our telecommunications infrastructure is setting off warning bells.  But it does reassure me that he isn't going to become a crazed isolationist either.  (Hard to do embargos and tariffs when they have their claws in your infrastructure, after all.)

I guess beggars can't be choosers when it comes to jobs as well.  50,000 jobs is 50,000 jobs whether you are working for Saudi Arabia, Japan, or the US.

Think they might be looking for a little WW2 revenge? 

Edited by preacherman76

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Think they might be looking for a little WW2 revenge? 

Just the opposite, more than likely.  I don't think it is coincidence that Trump announced that they would invest $50 billion and create 50,000 jobs to help out the US's job problem the day before the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.  Combine that with Trump trusting them enough to promise to get rid of regulations designed to prevent foreign companies from getting too much power and influence in the US.

• Like 1