Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New light on how brain processes information

P.Nomenon

A team of scientists has mapped out how our brains process visuals we don’t even know we’ve seen, indicating that the neuronal encoding and maintenance of subliminal images is more substantial than previously thought.

http://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2016/december/scientists-shed-new-light-on-how-the-brain-processes---maintains.html

A good read and explanation for experiences enumerated by many on the forum.

• Like 5

~

~

Through The Wormhole, Season 4 Episode 5 - "Can our minds be hacked?"

:yes:

~

• Like 1

10 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

Through The Wormhole, Season 4 Episode 5 - "Can our minds be hacked?"

:yes:

~

wow although Im up for improving/upgrading the human mind theres alot of ethical hurdles that will need to be addressed...this reminds me of the minority report, cant believe the tech to read thoughts is available now. 

• Like 2

Just now, P.Nomenon said:

wow although Im up for improving/upgrading the human mind theres alot of ethical hurdles that will need to be addressed...this reminds me of the minority report, cant believe the tech to read thoughts is available now. 

Actually its been part and parcel of human history for a long time ... people has been manipulating minds since pre historic times ... just the definition of 'manipulation' has changed and the level of the skills involved has evolved to an art ...

~

~

some people makes a living with it ... it is a skill and some are very good at it ...

~

~

Joe Rogan has been talking about things like this for ages ....

• Like 1

Interesting notions, I don't know how much of it is rooted in solid science though. I'm excited to see further developments in this area however, I just hope we recognize the ethical implications of such technological advancements.