Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mars One delays first manned mission to Mars

UM-Bot

59 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

The Netherlands-based firm has pushed back its ambitious plans by several years due to funding issues.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/301439/mars-one-delays-first-manned-mission-to-mars

Now why does that not surprise me!

Edit: Having now read the entire article, I see no one else is surprised!

Edited by Derek Willis
  • Like 1

When I remember correctly they calculated the cost for the nonsense project at 3B USD and I sometimes look at the funding schedule on the HP but there is no real good traffic, its still below 1M USD.

But the CEO is still dreaming:

"Being listed on a stock exchange will make fundraising more straightforward. In order to make Mars One's commercial activities an attractive investment with the potential of a good return on investment, Mars One had to adjust the timing of the planned unmanned and manned missions."

Its ridiculous. The whole project is ridiculous.

I think they were hoping to strike it rich through advertising and network television deals. This was a TV/media stunt first and a historic journey for mankind as an afterthought.

• Like 1

Well, maybe if they irresponsibly placed people there only to face a life or death situation, that real time, money and effort will be placed on a rescue. We humans tend to work better with our backs to the wall.
(tongue-in-cheek response; please don't take me seriously.)