Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope sets out rules on homosexuality

seeder

As part of the site rules please dont make negative remarks about homosexual people.

The Pope declares homosexuals and anyone supporting 'gay culture' cannot become a Catholic priest
    Pope Francis has banned anyone with homosexual tendencies from holy orders
    Revelation was made in a comprehensive guide to training of Catholics clergy
    Ban covers homosexuals, anyone showing 'gay tendencies' and gay supporters
    Decree was published Wednesday stresses obligation of sexual abstinence

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4013006/The-Pope-declares-homosexuals-supporting-gay-culture-Catholic-priest.html#ixzz4SHPBBRw8

• Like 1

Snip - not going to participate in this

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 6

When I said dont make negative comments. I didnt mean to tie anyones tongues.  Im fully aware people views on the subject can be strong... but Im fed up of having my own threads closed by some random member running their mouths off making insults

• Like 2

Which is something I never understood  .....     if I drive badly, would they close the road down   ????   

Anyways . the thread title got me curious    ... the Pope is making rules about how one practices homosexuality ???   .

Nah ,  its just more rules  against hmosexuality  .

Not allowed to 'support gay culture '  ???   Now thats a tricky line to draw not to cross .....     dont look at the Greek statues next time you go to  art gallery ! ......   it could stain your soul    :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Funny how the pope makes these rules when the very same religion he peddles says nothing about such issues.

ALSO..what about this whole "Judge not lest ye be judged" thing? Or does this only apply to certain people? At any rate this sounds rather coercive and manipulative. (black mailing even?)

Is he just catering to his own agendas?

Whatevs. If people go along with that then they only fuel this sort of mindset.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Funny how the pope makes these rules when the very same religion he peddles says nothing about such issues.

I think the things in the Bible that oppose it, or...get used by opponents.....are things like God made a Woman....for man..... he didnt make a woman and man then give Adam the choice..... just made the woman as being the natural partner

Plus that whole thing about destroying Sodom for the 'practices' that went on there

Plus of course... Go forth and multiply.... well a same sex couple simply cant do that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seeder said:

When I said dont make negative comments. I didnt mean to tie anyones tongues.  Im fully aware people views on the subject can be strong... but Im fed up of having my own threads closed by some random member running their mouths off making insults

I didn't snip mine for the content of my comment, I did it because I've been in this argument enough times already. 

• Like 2

The leading outlet on this story was America, a Jesuit-affiliated news magazine. Their story is here:

http://www.americamagazine.org/content/dispatches/vatican-reaffirms-ban-gay-priests

which includes some educated Catholic reaction (for example, that gay Catholic priests are a reality... etc.), along with a link to the Vatican document itself

http://www.clerus.va/content/dam/clerus/Ratio Fundamentalis/The Gift of the Priestly Vocation.pdf

Pages 19, 78 (note), 81 and 82 are the most topical.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Well it's just one more thing I don't care about. Next.

Me either...but posted as no doubt the more the news spreads.... the more the gay groups will be outraged, and thus will get posted here in the future anyway

The only thing this pope is doing different is he realizes just how incredibly irrelevant he is, and is trying to be important again.  Or just playing for attention.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

The only thing this pope is doing different is he realizes just how incredibly irrelevant he is, and is trying to be important again.  Or just playing for attention.

It will be 'interesting' at least to see the fallout of his new rules....

what's he going to do with all the priests that raped the little boys.  those who didn't go to jail are still priests they just moved them around so no one knows where they are.

I still don't see why any pope is important. Just some fella dressed up and pretending he knows what he's doing. It's not like it's actually god saying "No Gays!!!!", it's just a guy saying that. So it's not important really. 

• Like 3

Just now, danielost said:

what's he going to do with all the priests that raped the little boys.  those who didn't go to jail are still priests they just moved them around so no one knows where they are.

The same thing they always do. Put the dust under the rug. No one ever notices. Once people forget and interest is lost nothing happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeder said:

I think the things in the Bible that oppose it, or...get used by opponents.....are things like God made a Woman....for man..... he didnt make a woman and man then give Adam the choice..... just made the woman as being the natural partner

Plus that whole thing about destroying Sodom for the 'practices' that went on there

Plus of course... Go forth and multiply.... well a same sex couple simply cant do that

plus the law of moses that says if a man should know a man they shall be stoned.

As we all know.... those of us with freedom of speech... ahem...there are subjects we cannot delve in to deeply on this forum. I dont doubt for a minute, that my views, as a heterosexual male...who only agrees with relationships with women.....are the same as any other heterosexual man here and in real life.... and that we see alternative practices as things we will never agree with

But we have to be diplomatic here on the forums....or else threads get locked and that defeats the point of having a discussion about it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seeder said:

As we all know.... those of us with freedom of speech... ahem...there are subjects we cannot delve in to deeply on this forum. I dont doubt for a minute, that my views, as a heterosexual male...who only agrees with relationships with women.....are the same as any other heterosexual man here and in real life.... and that we see alternative practices as things we will never agree with

But we have to be diplomatic here on the forums....or else threads get locked and that defeats the point of having a discussion about it

I don't know that your view would be the same as any other heterosexual male. I don't see alternative practices as something I'll never agree with. As far as I'm concerned, so long as no harm is done then I don't have an issue with what people do. I guess we can debate the definition of "harm" but I don't see how two men or women who wish to be in a sexual relationship with someone of their own gender does any harm.

But seeing as all catholic priests are supposed to be celibate, as long as they observe that then it seems to make little difference what their sexual orientation is. They've removed themselves from the gene pool regardless.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, danielost said:

plus the law of moses that says if a man should know a man they shall be stoned.

I guess I'd have to be pretty badly stoned to ever "know" another man.

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see how many Priests with personal integrity resign from the Priesthood. I'm not thinking about in protest, but Priests who do have homosexual tendencies. They can remain celibate, but the tendencies remain.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

I don't know that your view would be the same as any other heterosexual male. I don't see alternative practices as something I'll never agree with.

Fair enough, let me narrow that view down then. If Im out with a bunch of heterosexual mates,  then...apart from typical 'bloke behaviour' and lots of beer drinking, one thing we all be doing....is looking at the barmaid or any other girls/women around us. One thing we will all recoil from, is advances made by a gay male....which in reality, wouldnt happen as gay or straight males usually spot one another a mile off. Plucked eyebrows are just one clue.....tho I dont mean that as meaning thats the stereotype, far from it

One thing we all know...tho...is that down any long street, someone will be loving their wives/girlfriends, others will be arguing or beating their wives..., down that street we also know there will be migrants, regardless of when they came here....in that street there will be highly religious folk, and likewise, those who couldnt care less...and also on that street, will be someone who prefers their own sex

So....I wont agree with the wife beater for what he does, and I wont agree with the same sex couples.....but that doesnt mean I want to spit on their doors or scrawl graffiti... I just walk down that street till I find my home..... because at the end of the day, like everyone else, my lifes focus, is on ME, MY LIFE, MY FAMILY

• Like 3

Maybe the pope could start by wearing trousers instead of a dress.....(just saying!) hides.gif?v=2

• Like 4

I've had a few gay men remark about my "nice butt". My oldest actually caught one checking me out. I guess I'm dead sexy to all genders and races.:lol:

• Like 2

I am trying to wrap my head around this.  The Pope wants priests who are suppose to be celibate, not to have gay tendencies. If they are celibate what difference does it make whether or not they are gay.   It is not a sin unless one acts on it, I would think.  I don't think people have that much control over their gender preference. Some guys are on the feminine side, but aren't gay, so how they're gonna defend themselves, from a witch hunt type mentality.  I'll never understand this kind of thinking.  

• Like 6