Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Footsteps, and burning crayons

EmilyUna65

Hello,

Yesterday I had a call from my husband who was at home, he had heard footsteps from the bedroom above the laundry room - my daughters - he was alone in the house save for our dog. There was no other human in the house with him as I checked in though out the day no more sounds were heard but a smell of burning crayons persisted for him. When everyone returned home he was the only one who could smell this. I have felt a presence in that bedroom, and in the adjoining closet, that of a young girl - she seems to be happy enough, though I am not sure on the best way to help her to leave, should I ask her if she want's to? I don't want to tell her to go, but would like her to stop scaring people.

Thank you for any and all advice!

If he's the only one smelling the burning smell I think a trip to the doctor is in order. It's probably nothing but phantom smells can signal a more serious health issue. 

• Like 3

A few plot holes/inconsistencies, I'm afraid - sounds like a made up story..

5 hours ago, EmilyUna65 said:

Hello,

Yesterday I had a call from my husband who was at home, he had heard footsteps from the bedroom above the laundry room - my daughters - he was alone in the house save for our dog.

Seems a rather odd thing to trigger a phone call.. but never mind that, is this a step-family situation?  If not, then why did you say 'my daughters' and not our daughters, like you did for the dog...?  If I was one of the daughters (or the husband for that matter) I'd be a bit hurt...  And do you not have squirrels/possums/large birds in your region?  You didn't say anything about him properly investigating or even considering possibilities - is that not his 'thing'?

There was no other human in the house with him as I checked in though out the day

You seriously 'checked in though {sic} out the day'????  ummmm..oookay...  As one would..

no more sounds were heard but a smell of burning crayons persisted for him.

Just curious how you and he know what 'burning crayons' smells like - is this something you guys do regularly?  I would have thought that would smell a bit like a candle, given they are mostly wax..  Hardly an uncommon smell.

When everyone returned home he was the only one who could smell this. I have felt a presence in that bedroom, and in the adjoining closet, that of a young girl

..but you already said it was your daughters bedroom, so surely there should be a presence of a girl...  and the fact that you don't give any reasons as to how this presence manifests to you, seems very strange. 

- she seems to be happy enough, though I am not sure on the best way to help her to leave, should I ask her if she want's to? I don't want to tell her to go, but would like her to stop scaring people.

Thank you for any and all advice!

?? Get better at story-telling?  Eg, you say she seems happy.. yet is scaring people???  Scaring them how? ..with a few footsteps that could be anything and burning some crayons?

Sorry, I think this is completely made up.  But that's just me - I hope you have much better luck with other respondents.  I don't think you need any luck with the non-existent mystery..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EmilyUna65 said:

I have felt a presence in that bedroom, and in the adjoining closet, that of a young girl - she seems to be happy enough

I think it would be best to explain how you came to those conclusions.

The smell of burning crayons is from an electrical issue. Probably from the HVAC system or other electrical device, it's basically a slow burn. Get the house checked!

• Like 1