Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump chooses ‘the puppet of polluters’

Unusual Tournament

Trump chooses ‘the puppet of polluters’ for top environmental job

PRESIDENT-ELECT Donald Trump confirmed overnight that he will nominate Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, a global warming sceptic, to lead the Environmental Protection Agency. 

A rather strange choice given that he has repeatedly sued and derided the agency for pursuing an “activist agenda.”

In fact, Pruitt is seen as so antithetical to the objectives of the country’s top environmental agency that he has been dubbed “the puppet of polluters”.

“My administration strongly believes in environmental protection, and Scott Pruitt will be a powerful advocate for that mission while promoting jobs, safety and opportunity,” Trump said in an early morning statement.

Trump said Pruitt, 48, will restore the EPA’s “essential mission of keeping our air and our water clean and safe” while ensuring that the agency doesn’t spend tax money on an “out of control, anti-energy agenda.”

Pruitt, in a statement released by Trump’s transition team, said Americans “are tired of seeing billions of dollars drained from our economy due to unnecessary EPA regulations, and I intend to run this agency in a way that fosters both responsible protection of the environment and freedom for American businesses.”

After word broke Thursday of the expected pick, environmental groups took a strong stand against Pruitt, describing him as a puppet of polluters.

Environmental organisation the Sierra Club said it was like “putting an arsonist in charge of fighting fires.”

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/trump-chooses-the-puppet-of-polluters-for-top-environmental-job/news-story/a43ff76f4f4bf33a3a7e61186f37bbc8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Where my brain went on reading the title:

IMG_0503.JPG

I don't get it.

Environmental organisation the Sierra Club said it was like “putting an arsonist in charge of fighting fires.”

I think someone might need to tell Trump to pull his head back in and show some respect and sincerity to a large portion of America and the world for that matter that have concerns about where our planet is going.   

• Like 2

What the Giant Corps and Big Oil everywhere are playin while drenching in the champagne ... The Trump kids gotta eat too ya'know ...

~

~

The skies above are clear again ...

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

I don't get it.

My brain went straight to Captain Planet villains.

• Like 2

Pollution Pruitt does confer with what Trump has said in the past when he threatened to abandon the international agreement reached on carbon emissions in Paris last year. 

• Like 3

Choosing a man who is currently suing the EPA to head the EPA ?  And he's from Oklahoma, home of the manmade earthquake epidemic? 

Its like Trump is begging the electors to all turn faithless. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump said Pruitt, 48, will restore the EPA’s “essential mission of keeping our air and our water clean and safe” while ensuring that the agency doesn’t spend tax money on an “out of control, anti-energy agenda.”

sounds ok to me.... 

a balanced approach ..?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Its like Trump is begging the electors to all turn faithless.

Actually that has been brought up by the Political Science Analysts over here, examining his actions during the run up it is being considered that Ol'Sparky never planned to win, had no intentions of winning and now ... maybe even is having a Reluctant Messiah moment ...

• Like 2

If you had to deal with the EPA you would be happy about this.  I can't even get enough gravel off the gravel bar by the creek, not talking about getting in the water, on my own property to put on my road without getting a mining permit.   I believe in protecting the environment but the regulations are getting crazy and are job killers. 

• Like 5

Seems like another fair choice by Trump.  He's still a douche-bag, but his choices are starting to give me more confidence that he's interested in doing what's best for this country.  That's a very welcome nice change from the last eight years.

Still have to wait and see how it turns out though.

• Like 2

you can never be sure of anything. even if he continues poaching, he is still way more effective in stopping other poachers. i'll take that over "green" game warden who can't stop any poacher. 

• Like 2

You are equating the lack of being a crook to not being able to catch a crook.

That's how false comparisons work.  You make a comparison with a bit of a mislead, then you make another one with a bigger mislead, and you keep going until you can just outright say something false while making it sound reasonable in comparison.

"Well yes, my banker was indeed guilty of stealing money from investors, but now that I've hired him, I am confident he will be able to protect my money from those who would steal it."

"Why are you so confident?"

"Well...because he promised me."

"Did he?"

"It was implied."

"He implied it?"

"No, but logically, if I hired him, it was for the purpose of him using his powers of evil in my defense.  And heck, even if he does steal my money, at least he won't allow anyone else to steal my money.  That's even better than hiring someone green, who would let anyone steal my money."

"You are comparing someone green to a professional thief?"

"Yes."

"And you would prefer a professional thief steal your money than attempt to stop the theft, perhaps by hiring a guard, maybe even an experienced guard?"

"Yes."

"...and you are sure it isn't just because you don't want to admit you made a bad choice?"

"...yes."

lol, no  i' m not equating anything, you do, and that is why your logic is faulty. 

i'm comparing someone who can do the job productively vs someone who is not capable of doing job the same way.  

someone who can save 100 deer and lose 5, worth a lot more than someone who can save 10 at 0 cost,

Edited by aztek

I'll certainly remember this conversation when the subject is someone turning their life around and needs to be given a second chance. Even the police get advice from ex arsonists, murderers and thieves who can give them some kind of insight as to how their mind works.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Michelle said:

... Even the police get advice from ex arsonists, murderers and thieves who can give them some kind of insight as to how their mind works.

That's not exactly a vote of confidence is it ?

*Now now ... just teasin' ... none the need to break my fingers*

:yes:

~

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

That's not exactly a vote of confidence is it ?

*Now now ... just teasin' ... none the need to break my fingers*

:yes:

~

I'm not the one always preaching ex-cons should be given a job to make sure they get a second chance in life either. Been there done that too many times and been burned. It's not a mantra of mine but something I keep hearing ad nauseam from various people. Usually the same people who say the exact opposite when it suits them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

I'm not the one always preaching ex-cons should be given a job to make sure they get a second chance in life either. Been there done that too many times and been burned. It's not a mantra of mine but something I keep hearing ad nauseam from various people. Usually the same people who say the exact opposite when it suits them.

Its more a sign of the times than anything ... depends entirely on the circumstance is the way I see it ... used to be one took to it because of a lack of opportunities or options ... nowadays its almost a vocation of choice ...

~

• Like 1

On one end of the spectrum is wanton destruction of the environment in the name of big business. On the other end, we have crap like "carbon tax" and other laws that profit big government. There must be a happy middle ground where business can continue while still abiding by environmental regulations

• Like 3

9 hours ago, third_eye said:

Actually that has been brought up by the Political Science Analysts over here, examining his actions during the run up it is being considered that Ol'Sparky never planned to win, had no intentions of winning and now ... maybe even is having a Reluctant Messiah moment ...

I've been thinking that for a while, it seemed to me that every time he got a lead on Clinton during the campaign, he'd do or say something stupid, seemingly to turn people off of him.

His entire campaign could have been written by Skeletor and Cobra Commander and delievered by Mutley. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lord Fedorable said:

I've been thinking that for a while, it seemed to me that every time he got a lead on Clinton during the campaign, he'd do or say something stupid, seemingly to turn people off of him.

His entire campaign could have been written by Skeletor and Cobra Commander and delievered by Mutley. 

Yeah ... cartoon character was mentioned on numerous occasions ...

~

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

But Skeletor lost like every episode didn't he?   If it's villains it has to be by villains that are winners.  Hillary Clinton's Sacred Feminine campaign was brought to us by She-Ra, Kim Possible, and the Powerpuff Girls.  And she still didn't have enough nasty women to march their nasty feet to the nasty ballot to cast their nasty vote. Maybe we misunderestimated American women's true love, the wealth and status of the alpha male.

• Like 1